• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season Predictions

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'm going to have confidence in this team as I think the defense will carry us until the offense gels. We should be favored in every game except Clemson and FSU, and even then, those games will essentially be toss ups.

Best case: 12-0
Worst case: 9-3

My pick: 11-1 (loss during the stretch of Clemson, Miami, and FSU).

Postseason: Win the ACC CG and Orange Bowl going 13 - 1 finishing #2.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
10-2, loss in the ACC title game, and W in the bowl game to go 11-3

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for an prediction update.....wins vs. Duke, BC, UVA losses to Clemson, Miami, FSU

Who wants to go to the Military Bowl and see us lose to Western Kentucky?!?!? I think its played at RFK, not FedEx Field, so we will have a chance!!!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping to keep the bowl game streak alive. At this rate, I'm not sure.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lol I was a little off as were most people. I just had too much faith in the O-line. There is no clock-consuming run game this year and it's bringing the team down more than anything else

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not this year. I'm going all in. We're going undefeated or we'll lose one game. We'll play in the Orange Bowl after getting left out of the title game in favor of a one loss team from a better conference. LT will get invited to the Heisman ceremony but will finish 2nd or 3rd in voting.

What a dumbass that guy is. Way to go douchebag!

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vs GT – Win. Narrow victory in low scoring game
vs Austin Peay – Blowout
@ Pittsburgh – Win, but much closer game than it should be
vs Bowling Green – Win, but again closer than it should be
@ Cincinnati – Win by comfortable margin. We’ve played well at FedEx recently (except 1st quarter vs Boise) but against really good teams.
@ UNCheat – Loss. Everything goes wrong. UNCheat probably pays off refs. Gio Bernard lights us up.
vs Duke – Win by the narrowest of margins. We sleepwalk into this game and almost manage to lose it. Think last year.
@ Clemson – Win. Someone in the locker room steps up and wakes up the team after a near loss to Duke. We beat them in a high scoring game, turning point for our offense.
@ Miami – Blowout. Miami sucks.
vs Florida State – Loss in a low scoring, hard fought game. Similar to Alabama vs LSU game last year.
@ Boston College – Comfortable win.
vs Virginia – Comfortable win.
vs Florida State (ACC Championship) – Win. We exact our revenge in another hard fought, low scoring game and spoil Florida States chance at the MNC.
vs West Virginia (Orange Bowl) – Win. We shut down their spread and do just enough on offense.

12-2 with an Orange bowl victory, but leaves out guys hungry and wanting more. Opener against Bama looming. LT, Fuller, Exum and Collins stick around for another go. Gayle leaves, projected in 1st round.

Well, shit. I guess I got GT, AP, and UNCheat right.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think VT will be sleepwalking into Duke. At least not any more than any other game.

This team is difficult to analyze, because there are lots of individual lapses that are adding up to losses.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to AB, Beamer said "the Hokies have talked about not using the nickel package as much. Defensive coordinator Bud Foster said it inhibits a lot of the blitz packages they’d like to use." I could not be more happy to hear that. I can tell you RVD was not happy to have to come off for Cole on a late 3rd down at UNC, and I was with him. Wish they'd decided this before the UNC game was over.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, we were just a smidge off on our predictions, eh?

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were going to win the Orange bowl at the beginning of the season, and the dream is still alive! It's not over until its over

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as AB said, the down year seems to be here. That being said, I am not giving up hope, I am still tuning in every saturday hoping that this will be the week when we finally play the way we are capable of playing, and the way we should be playing...but if we do not right the ship, and we continue to play the way we have through the first 6 games, this might be the year that the bowl streak gets snapped.

Duke
Clemson
Miami
FSU
BC
UVA