• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Season at a glance

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article over at fieldgulls.

It's pretty amazing how often players on defense step up to highlight themselves week-to-week, especially compared to an offense where we're usually looking for anybody to to consistently step up besides Wilson and Lynch.

- You would think that multiple poor offensive performances would highlight an elite defense, but instead I think we underrate how great this defense might really be. If they manage to win the Super Bowl, then the "2013 Seattle Seahawks" should start to enter conversations about "the greatest of all time."

They held their seventh opponent this season to 10 points or less, including just 52 points allowed over their final five games. The defense added two more interceptions on Sunday, giving them 28 picks on the year, and basically the cumulative of the quarterbacks they faced this year turned in a stat line similar to Eli Manning:

3,050 yards passing, 5.8 yard per pass attempt, 16 touchdowns, 28 interceptions, 3-13 record

When the defense holds your rushing game to 13 yards, as they say in my hood, "You're done, son."

They allowed just 13.75 points per game at home. Their next game is at home, and it will come against a quarterback that you hope plays like Eli Manning...

Seahawks establish themselves as simply the best, perhaps even better than all of the rest - Field Gulls

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qLoQN0K.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well congrats on winning the regular season & getting the 1 seed. Wilson made me look stupid with a monster year; I expected Kaepernick to out-play him. :doh: But Pete Carroll (whom I've always liked even before he went to USC) made me look smart with a job well done.

Wouldn't be surprised to see my 49ers have to go up to the damn Clink in a few weeks. I have to admit I'll be rooting for someone else to eliminate Seattle before that so SF doesn't have to return there though. :hope:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the "experts" will always point towards the Rams and TB game and say they can't be all time great when you give up over 200 yards on back to back games. However I feel they are top five mainly because they have to deal with today's rules (no touching QB, WR, flagging everything, ect) and the fact that teams today throw the ball ALL THE TIME. Which is why I don't put much stock in the 4,000 yards passer and was only a little impressed when a couple a years ago three or four QB's got over 5,000. So for me I think they are top five and clearly the best I have ever seen. (mainly the 2000 Ravens, TB defense are what I have seen)