• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Courtier...

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This kid was a gonna be the 1st overall pick just a year and half ago, he has slipped, and great. this kid could be a great steal. Look for him at the world junoirs, playing for who, yeah team CANADA baby.

SantaMonicaFlyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Central Scouting:

Couturier led the QMJHL in scoring with 96 points (41-55--96) in 2009-10, becoming the first 17-year-old to lead the league in scoring since Sidney Crosby of the Rimouski Oceanic in 2004-05. He also led the team with a plus-62 rating while often playing against the opposition’s top players.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Central Scouting:

Couturier led the QMJHL in scoring with 96 points (41-55--96) in 2009-10, becoming the first 17-year-old to lead the league in scoring since Sidney Crosby of the Rimouski Oceanic in 2004-05. He also led the team with a plus-62 rating while often playing against the opposition’s top players.

That is absurd. I am loving this team right now

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can't fault the pick in any way. The more I read about this kid, the more I like him. It seems to me like we simply took the very best player available at 8th overall and you simply cannot argue with that strategy.

Clearly we are expecting Schenn and Couturier to eventually become better centers than Richie and Carter, otherwise you don't make the trades. We shall see.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess I can't fault the pick in any way. The more I read about this kid, the more I like him. It seems to me like we simply took the very best player available at 8th overall and you simply cannot argue with that strategy.

Clearly we are expecting Schenn and Couturier to eventually become better centers than Richie and Carter, otherwise you don't make the trades. We shall see.

They also got cap space for Bryz, and Simmons/Vorachek and a 2nd/3rd round picks too!!!!!!!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also got cap space for Bryz, and Simmons/Vorachek and a 2nd/3rd round picks too!!!!!!!!

That's true, but we unloaded a ton of talent at one time and as a team that is expected to compete for the Cup every single year, that is a heavy blow to take, even with the additions of Bryzgalov, Voracek and Simmonds.

If neither Schenn nor Couturier become stars and our team is no better without Richie and Carter next season (and in the near future), then these two trades will go down as a failure.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know my prospects, but when he was compared to Jordan Staal the blood started rushing.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Were all pitching and tent tonight...and using it as we feel appropriate...lol...off to take advantage of the babe...LETS GO MANIAA...LOL

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pumped!!!!!!! At one point he was rated #1 slid to 5 and fell magically into Homers arms...couldn't be happier thanks Carts for supplying this pick. I have a feeling he'll stand in front of the net on the PP like Tim Kerr did....nice!!!!!!!

Omg. If he is anything like Kerr was I will streak all the way down South Street at one of the home games. Kerr was probably my favorite Flyer growing up next to Dave Brown.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true, but we unloaded a ton of talent at one time and as a team that is expected to compete for the Cup every single year, that is a heavy blow to take, even with the additions of Bryzgalov, Voracek and Simmonds.

If neither Schenn nor Couturier become stars and our team is no better without Richie and Carter next season (and in the near future), then these two trades will go down as a failure.

I'd be surprised to see either of them in Flyers O&B full time this year. Couturier is waaay too thin and needs to build up some muscle before being able to handle the rigors of an NHL schedule.

..and if Schenn was "ready" and "the best prospect out there" like everyone says he is, the Kings would have had him in the lineup for every game, not just a handful.

Just my .02 Hopefully I'm wrong.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

look at it this way, if pronger goes down to injury this coming season we are toast anyway. so if we don't win the cup next year, our window would have effectively closed. now we have a young nucleus overnight. that makes it harder to win next year, but our odds go up every year thereafter. that is good solid planning.

we are at the point where us philly fans have to embrace the long haul approach to team building and stop wishing for the go for broke every single year method.

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely has to be one of the 2 or 3 steals of the draft, didn't think that a #1 caliber guy would fall all the way to 8th...but Im happy he did!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, this guy could end up being the best forward of the entire 2011 draft. That article projected him as the fourth best player behind only two other forwards and he was ranked number one for awhile. So, you feel pretty damn good at taking him 8th overall.

Maybe this is Jeff Carter with less scoring punch, but better defense, utilization of size and attitude.

I just hope another move or two can be made before the start of the season in order to ensure more immediate success. We can't expect Schenn or Couturier to start with the Flyers right away.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its really funny Mav...the highest scoring player in the draft...kid had mono...and still was one of the leading scores in the playoffs...i dont understand there logic that this kid will be an ok scorer...doesnt make sense...if your a playmaker and a scorer...YOUR A PLAYMAKER AND A SCORER...
68 41 55 96 47 62 14 10 8 18 18
2010-11 Drummondville Voltigeurs QMJHL 58 36 60 96 36 55 10 6 5 11 14
96 POINTS IN 58 GAMES LAST SEASON... 96 POINTS IN 68 THE YEAR BEFORE...WHEN HE FILL THAT BODY IN...FORGET IT!!!:rockon:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A quote from a hockey buzz writerCouturier could end up being the best player involved in this trade. He doesn't have star potential…he's got superstar potential...she used the ...gotta love her...lol...by the way the last person to score as much as this kid at that level was SID...im not saying he will...but what the ...lol

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the word is that he would've been taken in the top three for sure minus that sickness. I think we can consider him great bang for our buck at 8th.

Btw, you butchered his name. It is Sean Couturier...lol

The reason he dropped to 8 had nothing to do with Mono. Couturier is about 1 year older than everyone in this draft class besides Landeskog. Scouts were nitpicking his flaws because they've seen him for so long. The one flaw that is real is it takes him a bit of time to get going. He doesn't have a good first step. He needs to improve his turning ability.

So Couturier's skating is an issue & I think the main reason he fell to 8 in the draft. The other question for me about Couturier is whether or not he was just a bigger more mature kid in the Q the past few years. Did he just use his size to overwhelm his opponents because he certainly didn't out skate them.