• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks secondary vs Peyton Manning & Company

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizard hawk thinks that everyone who posts something that disagrees with him or any Seattle Fan is trolling. I don't think he knows the definition. he is very hostile, along with a few others

No, as I've said if you can't give any credit for the positive and only post with an attempt to get a rise out of someone that is classified as trolling. You could prove it wrong and find some common ground. Real trolls aren't capable of doing that. I know I've tried and so far you refuse to. I don't expect anyone to agree with me. Hell I don't always agree with other Seahawk fans and don't try to. I call it like I see it.

If you want respect earn it and stop with the bashing and hate.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wizard hawk thinks that everyone who posts something that disagrees with him or any Seattle Fan is trolling. I don't think he knows the definition. he is very hostile, along with a few others

Agreed. Try telling him that Russell Wilson is NOT the new Fran Tarkenton, or that Lynch wont rush for 150 yards vs. the Broncos - he'll lose it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Try telling him that Russell Wilson is NOT the new Fran Tarkenton, or that Lynch wont rush for 150 yards vs. the Broncos - he'll lose it.

lol, there you go back into full on retard mode. I never said RW is the new Tarkenton AT ALL. And I didn't say Lynch would rush for 150+ yards. You really lack understanding of the English language. You keep on trying to put words in my mouth and refuse to back it up with quotes. You aren't just a troll, but the weakest one on the site. :L

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, there you go back into full on retard mode. I never said RW is the new Tarkenton AT ALL. And I didn't say Lynch would rush for 150+ yards. You really lack understanding of the English language. You keep on trying to put words in my mouth and refuse to back it up with quotes. You aren't just a troll, but the weakest one on the site. :L

No, you don't say it - you just agree with the people that do.

Moron.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you don't say it - you just agree with the people that do.

Moron.

:lol: No matter how many times I tell you that I don't agree with them, you STILL say I do. And then call me a moron... :L

And still deny you are trolling. Simply amazing.

I don't think Lynch will rush for 150 yards and have said I'd guess more like 90-100 with a 110-120 ceiling. Never said anything but that.

I have a lot of respect for Manning and Denver's offense. They might be the greatest offense the league has ever seen. And I've never said anything but that.

I am leaning toward Denver winning this game mostly because Seattle's offense makes too many mistakes. And I've never said anything but that.

Now prove any of that wrong or admit you are only here to hate and are willing to make things up to support that hate. Nothing wrong with being a hater. Lots of those around and no one is asking for you to change. Just own it and stop putting everything about your hate on others.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look, in all honesty...with it being true that the average of all the offenses offensive production that Seattle has faced averages out to 19th , I really don't see Seattle dominating this game in any way in this particular match up.

unless somehow Denvers veteran players are too old already and Seattles youth is an advantage,Denver wins-period

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll: thousands of 12th men line the streets as the Hawks headed to the airport for their trip to the Super Bowl. Starts at about 1:00. Compares it to the passion of NCAA football. Footage shown

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfcJXczG_T0]Carroll on facing Broncos: 'Historically, as hard as it gets' - YouTube[/ame]

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying you, but I've now seen several posters talk about the lack of facing a quality offense as a reason why Seattle's D is basically overrated, but then many of them point out the stats of Denver as proof of their offense when they haven't faced the top rated defenses either. I honestly think saying either is a disservice to the season both teams had. They both played the teams in front of them and won 15 games. Neither can change who they played. When both faced their schedule they had the same level of success with both losing all 3 games with one score or less. They never got blown out all year.

It's certainly possible that Seattle could lose by 14 or more and it is also possible they win by more than 3. I doubt most people here were taking the Ravens going into the post season last year or even in the SB and no I'm not comparing either team to those, just the situation and what guessing based on past performance actually brings in that game.

If there is any team in the league that is built to at least slow down this historic offense it is Seattle. Will they? We won't know until we see the game.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live footage of Seahawks arriving in NJ. 12th man flag being waved out of the pilots window. They joke that Sherman is going to stop and tell someone he is the best. Wilson, the professional, wears a suit and tie as they expected

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6jfAU5-SC8]Seahawks arrive in New Jersey for Super Bowl XLVIII - YouTube[/ame]

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos arrive in NJ. They joke about the red carpet and how they won't let Manning's feet touch the ground

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTbmUlI48]Broncos arrive in New Jersey for Super Bowl XLVIII - YouTube[/ame]

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tshirt, with all due respect, why are you taking over a thread about Manning vs Seattle secondary with general vids about both teams? Wouldn't making a tshirt video thread make more sense? :noidea:

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXdwz1HudfU]Seahawks vs. Broncos: Groundhog Day - YouTube[/ame]

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tshirt, with all due respect, why are you taking over a thread about Manning vs Seattle secondary with general vids about both teams? Wouldn't making a tshirt video thread make more sense? :noidea:

This thread got away from just Manning v Legion of Boom a long time ago and started discussing various other aspects of the game. The posts focusing on the game are better than all the "you're a troll," "no you are" discussion that has dominated the thread as of late

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Reese's peanut butter cups

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying you, but I've now seen several posters talk about the lack of facing a quality offense as a reason why Seattle's D is basically overrated, but then many of them point out the stats of Denver as proof of their offense when they haven't faced the top rated defenses either. I honestly think saying either is a disservice to the season both teams had. They both played the teams in front of them and won 15 games. Neither can change who they played. When both faced their schedule they had the same level of success with both losing all 3 games with one score or less. They never got blown out all year.

It's certainly possible that Seattle could lose by 14 or more and it is also possible they win by more than 3. I doubt most people here were taking the Ravens going into the post season last year or even in the SB and no I'm not comparing either team to those, just the situation and what guessing based on past performance actually brings in that game.

If there is any team in the league that is built to at least slow down this historic offense it is Seattle. Will they? We won't know until we see the game.

Not trolling, ok?

Disagreeing with your assessment that it's the same comparison on Seattle's D vs their Schedule and Denver's O vs their schedule.

Denver faced many top 10 SCORING D's this year. KC # 5 twice, Colts # 9, NE #10 twice, then outside the top 10, SD #11 twice and Ravens #12.

That is 8 games played against some of the better scoring defenses in the league and only 3 teams in the bottom 10

Seattle only faced 1 top 10 Offense, the Saints and a handful in the top half of the league with the majority being in the bottom half including 4 of the 5 worst offenses in the league.

It's not an apples to apples comparison. Your Defense faced an easier schedule (average scoring O ranking 19th) than the Broncos offense did (average scoring D ranking 14th) .

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling, ok?

Disagreeing with your assessment that it's the same comparison on Seattle's D vs their Schedule and Denver's O vs their schedule.

Denver faced many top 10 SCORING D's this year. KC # 5 twice, Colts # 9, NE #10 twice, then outside the top 10, SD #11 twice and Ravens #12.

That is 8 games played against some of the better scoring defenses in the league and only 3 teams in the bottom 10

Seattle only faced 1 top 10 Offense, the Saints and a handful in the top half of the league with the majority being in the bottom half including 4 of the 5 worst offenses in the league.

It's not an apples to apples comparison. Your Defense faced an easier schedule (average scoring O ranking 19th) than the Broncos offense did (average scoring D ranking 14th) .

The point was both teams did awesome vs the talent they faced. If you don't like who Seattle went up against it doesn't mean we know anything about what would have happened if they did face a team you actually respected. The defense in general over the last few years has been building to this point. All they lacked last year was the quality pass rush and they really addressed that in the off season.

But with all due respect I don't think saying they did well against A, B, and C defenses that were great tells anyone what they would do against Seattle, any more than Seattle can say what their defense will do compared to their schedule and I don't care what the rankings were. Seattle was the #1 defense in the entire league and according to those whose job it is to evaluate these things it wasn't even close to get to the next one. It wasn't just scoring D or just turnover margin, they dominated on all aspects of it. Your assertion that they did so without facing any teams you find worthy doesn't say what would have happened. At best it makes them an unknown. I'm not saying you, but those saying their schedule means they are a fraud and are for sure going to lose make me scratch my head.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was both teams did awesome vs the talent they faced. If you don't like who Seattle went up against it doesn't mean we know anything about what would have happened if they did face a team you actually respected. The defense in general over the last few years has been building to this point. All they lacked last year was the quality pass rush and they really addressed that in the off season.

But with all due respect I don't think saying they did well against A, B, and C defenses that were great tells anyone what they would do against Seattle, any more than Seattle can say what their defense will do compared to their schedule and I don't care what the rankings were. Seattle was the #1 defense in the entire league and according to those whose job it is to evaluate these things it wasn't even close to get to the next one. It wasn't just scoring D or just turnover margin, they dominated on all aspects of it. Your assertion that they did so without facing any teams you find worthy doesn't say what would have happened. At best it makes them an unknown. I'm not saying you, but those saying their schedule means they are a fraud and are for sure going to lose make me scratch my head.

how does that happen unless a team is deemed superior to another based on stats...if Seattle was expected to make it this far its because stats said they had a chance to.

they were expected to beat the teams they beat based on stat analysis.

Denvers offensive stats are better than Seattles Defensive stats based on history/numbers and quality of opponent therefore Denver is considered a favorite. Not a lot of guess work there.

Denver matches up better and superior to anyone Seattle has faced so far ,therefore they are a better team and that's whats expected to play out.

Of course they need to play the game and anyone can win but numbers do predict patterns and Seattle is the weaker team based on history and experience until the game is played

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how does that happen unless a team is deemed superior to another based on stats...if Seattle was expected to make it this far its because stats said they had a chance to.

they were expected to beat the teams they beat based on stat analysis.

Denvers offensive stats are better than Seattles Defensive stats based on history/numbers and quality of opponent therefore Denver is considered a favorite. Not a lot of guess work there.

Denver matches up better and superior to anyone Seattle has faced so far ,therefore they are a better team and that's whats expected to play out.

Of course they need to play the game and anyone can win but numbers do predict patterns and Seattle is the weaker team based on history and experience until the game is played
Well that same stat analysis has most saying at best Denver by 3. Those that deal in stats for a living are not predicting a guaranteed blow out like some up here want to make it out. So the same stats you talk about leading to Seattle being favorites now has them a slight dog. Nothing more, nothing less.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your reaching.

FIrst of all, I never said anything about "doesn't mean we know anything about what would have happened if they did face a team you actually respected. " quit making up shit.

I also never said this comparison means an automatic win. They have to play the game. Mistakes can happen on both sides of the ball by both teams.

If those mistakes are limited or prevented, Denver matches up better and that is why they are currently favored.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rotoworld.com:

Richard Sherman is not a shadow corner. He usually lines up at left corner and moves to safety when no wide receiver is on his side of the field. Demaryius Thomas plays both sides fairly evenly, but leans towards the left. Sherman has lined up at right corner three times this season, which means he won’t be chasing Thomas to the other side of the field on Sunday. Primary coverage will come from Byron Maxwell (right CB for SEA who has 4 INTs, 14 passes defended and 1 forced fumble this season)

Sherman figures to see Eric Decker more than anyone on Sunday. Figure on Decker vs. Sherman about half the time.

Wes Welker will face off with Seattle slot and nickel corner Walter Thurmond III on a majority of his snaps. Sherman and Maxwell have been outstanding in coverage on the outside this season, but Thurmond has done a pretty nice job himself (1 INT, 7 passes defended, and 1 forced fumble this season)

TE Julius Thomas will face off with linebackers and Kam Chancellor (3 INTs, 10 passes defended, and 1 forced fumble this season)