• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks season MVP

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While most here will just look at numbers and pick a player at a skill position, I just can’t do that this year. I also have co-winners for this years MVP

My choice for this year is Flucker and Sweeny. Just watch yesterday’s game and the first two games of the season when we didn’t have them to see just how important they are to this years team.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to go with B-Wags. I don't think he's missed a single tackle all year. And with all our young guys on the roster they need a guy like Bobby to put them in the right position each play. He's my MVP. Carson would be runner up, and Wilson takes the bronze.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Bobby Wagner would be my MVP and there isn't a really close second imo… I'd have to go w/ Chris Carson as the offensive MVP... He ran well even when Sweezy/Fluker weren't in there blocking...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Non-QB MVP has to be Wags. This was his best year of his career.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go with Chris Carson what he brings to the table makes a huge difference the offense looks a lot more intimidating with him back there he is the first really good back we have had since marshawn lynch.

Wags has been great in all but the defense as a whole is below average they aren't even top 15 in the league by the numbers even with 2 guys on the DL that are double digits in sacks.

The seahawks have the best rushing attack in the NFL and only lost 2 fumbles all season I would go with Carson

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MVP TOM CABLE

:skip:

MVP D- Bobby Wanger, Honorable mention Frank Clark has been a beast.

Offense- Non QB RB Carson.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll play, Carson/Lockett are even for non qb offensive players and on defense the obvious one is Bobby Wagner but GOD BLESS Jarran Reed! This guys finished with 10.5 sack as an interior lineman and was only ever supposed to be a run stuffer. He wasn’t even considered an average pass rusher in college. Pretty stellar growth from that young man.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner is the MVP of this season Honorable Mention goes to Carson and JR Reed. What a great Year by JR Reed and what a monster he has become.

Wagner did his thing, He was one of the best if not THE BEST MLB in the NFL. He does it every year and we needed him to do it again on a depleted Defense. Reed though what a awesome turn around, healthy and playing like the monster many of us thought he could be. Carson is 5th in the NFL in Rushing yards and that was with sharing the load with 2 other guys AND missing 2 games.

Seahawks Coach of the year is not Carroll it's Mike Solari, Pete did amazing things this year but the biggest turn around was on the Oline. We have not seen a Oline play this well for a LONG LONG time.

Best move of the Year? Firing Cable ( listen to me next time Pete, you would have got rid of him YEARS ago lol )

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Janikowski.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Russell, as it is the QB on nearly every good NFL team. I'm convinced his style of play matches the team approach to create a worst case scenario where we are within 1 possession late in the game to give him a chance to win it. The vast majority of our losses over the years can be described that way. He doesn't always come through, but few (maybe 1 or 2) are better. He finished 3rd in passer rating and 3rd(T) in TD passes. He's largely responsible for the team having the best turnover ratio in the NFL. Of those who will pick us to win this Saturday, the majority are likely to cite Russell as the main reason why.

Bobby had a great season and certainly a couple games that were just other worldly, but I'm not quite sure how to reconcile his performance with a near bottom of the league 4.9 ypc given up on the ground. Were the guys up front not holding up? Was it being without his wingman KJ Wright most of the year? This team should have been better against the run, and Bobby has to own at least some of that I think.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to share the wealth

B-Wags/Clark
Carson/Lockett

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wagner is the non-QB MVP of this team.

Despite the Ethan Pocic debacle, I don't believe you can hand either of the starting guards anything close to MVP status because remember than our 3rd guard (Simmons) very ably filled in multiple times during the season. It was our 4th string guard that bedeviled us.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, as the QB.

Outside of him, I'd go with Frank Clark. As great as Bobby is, Clark makes the biggest impact IMO.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schneider. :)

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Russ make the running game super effective or did the running game make Russ super effective? While I love Russ and think the world of him, I wouldn't think he would be in the talk for offensive MVP this year seeing as how run-heavy the team was. Got to give a ton of credit to the entire o-line (even begrudgingly Ifedi) for their work this year.

While not actual players, I think we could give MVP honors this year to Bevell, Cable, and Richard. I think we gained a ton of value by firing them.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy to think the season Frank Clark and Jarron Reed has had along with what Bobby Wagner has done that our defense is ranked as low as it is. I was hoping they can sneak into the top 10 I really think our secondary needs more experience playing with one another

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy to think the season Frank Clark and Jarron Reed has had along with what Bobby Wagner has done that our defense is ranked as low as it is. I was hoping they can sneak into the top 10 I really think our secondary needs more experience playing with one another

We've played some really tough QBs and offenses this season so I take some of our defensive rankings with a grain of salt. We've played Rivers, Rodgers, Mahomes, and the Rams offense x 2. Even Carolina finished with a top 10 offense. So I don't think our young defense did too bad considering who they've face.