• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Place petition

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An online petition to get the two block stretch of Occidental Ave. outside of CenturyLink Field renamed "Seahawks Place" has been started at Rename "Occidental Ave" to "Seahawks Place" Petition, posted on social media sites and has received attention from komonews.com. A donation page at "Seahawks Place" Fund by Lindsey Renick - GoFundMe has also been started to cover the costs associated with changing the name of that portion of Occidental. Also, all leftover funds will be donated in full to Children's Hospital. As far as I know, there's no specific timetable to get all the necessary signatures/funds. I think it's a great idea. What do you guys think?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a great idea. Most cities seem to do this kind of thing when their teams win championships. Green Bay has several streets named after Packer greats (I think Favre just got a street this year and Holmgren has had one for years). Here where I live near Edmonton they renamed a freeway "Wayne Gretzky Drive". I like the idea of a "Seahawks Place" in Seattle. It's fitting.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it would be awesome to have a Seahawks drive, I like Occidental the way it is. Its a quaint little street with street vendors and old buildings on it which fits the name perfectly. Plus its a great way to test the true fans' knowledge of the team. If someone brings up the name occidental, I assume that they know more than the average fan