• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seager on defense

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, he may be great with a bat and all, but his defense looks like it's really gotten lax lately. Two errors last night, 11 so far this year...

Never mind the fact that Joe Squanders was pitching last night...

All in all, not exactly what the first sell-out crowd in how long (?) should have to see...Unless a majority was there to see Milwaukee.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a problem that has definitely been rearing its head lately. Its not just Seagar though, the whole team has played poor defense the last few weeks. Miller still has a long way to go defensively to consider him an everyday short stop.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got lambasted on here for bringing up Miller's deficiencies at SS even at Jackson and Tacoma.

His WAR is still positive, but a little more seasoning, and he might even get the dWAR up above 0.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beltre has 12 Errors this season. Lets say we give the teams best hitter a break for playing average defense at 3B (which every fielding stat indicates).

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Seagers defense has been pretty good this season with the exception of 2 or 3 games. wouldn't worry about Seager.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got lambasted on here for bringing up Miller's deficiencies at SS even at Jackson and Tacoma.

His WAR is still positive, but a little more seasoning, and he might even get the dWAR up above 0.

Agree, I had the same feelings towards Millers defense. Brad Miller has never been much of a defensive player. I don't see why people thought that would change playing in the majors. Nick Franklin wasn't very impressive defensively through his minor league career either.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this for food for thought.
Could last night have been a big Eff you to Joe Saunders by Franklin and Seager for throwing them under the bus for defensive miscues his last time out?
Joe might want to think twice next time before he blasts his own players in the media.
Shitty pitchers should never talk down to about their team when they are giving up bombs to the likes of Betencourt.
Saunders and Harang NEED to go.

dumbrabbit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been only a few games that he has bad defense and you already come to a conclusion that Seager sucks at defense? geez..........

next.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumbrabbit, there's still a big difference between getting "lax," as I had put it, and just flat out "sucking." I remember seeing some pretty sucky D by players we used to have, and Seager hasn't really reached that status...and hopefully won't.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I said nothing about Seager.

He'd have to turn into a steaming pile of shit defensively for me to disparage him.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the guys trying to send a message to Saunders. Yeah, Saunders threw them under the bus two starts ago, but playing lax defense behind him on purpose is not the right way to handle that and I don't think that's what happened. Playing lax on defense on purpose because of what a loudmouth said hurts the team and as much as they might have been miffed at what he said (assuming they took it the way a lot of people took it), I don't think they'd purposely do something to hurt the team, especially when they're trying to leave a good impression on management for next season.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller's defense cost us the game last night...

Hear me out...yes it was a 10-0 game...but it was 0-0 in the 7th with a runner on first only before a ground ball came to Miller and instead of just eating it and holding the runner at second he flings a wild throw to first and allows the runner to go to third

Now would it have made a difference with runners on 1st and 2nd no outs rather than 1st and third with no outs...I think so

Cause at that point Iwak was still getting ground balls. And the next hit was a ground ball to Seager...but because the runner was on third and not second he had to go home...and that was when the flood gates opened cause the throw trickled away and they scored plus base runners moved up

Point is...Miller it seems tries to do too much on defense...always trying to make the big play rather than just making the right play. He'll learn as he matures...but our infield defense have not been pretty

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this for food for thought.
Could last night have been a big Eff you to Joe Saunders by Franklin and Seager for throwing them under the bus for defensive miscues his last time out?

No player who values their career would ever tank plays that could result in team losses.

And if they ever did, no competent manger or GM would allow them back in the locker room again.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player who values their career would ever tank plays that could result in team losses.

And if they ever did, no competent manger or GM would allow them back in the locker room again.
And you are an expert in sports psychology?
Feuds go on all the time in sports. I'm not saying for sure they did it on purpose but maybe they just arent "inspired" by a pitcher who talks crap about them in the media to do their best for that guy. If it was me I wouldn't give that dude 100% effort if I was them.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feuds go on all the time in sports. I'm not saying for sure they did it on purpose but maybe they just arent "inspired" by a pitcher who talks crap about them in the media to do their best for that guy. If it was me I wouldn't give that dude 100% effort if I was them.

Wow.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're still playing for a spot on the team next year and while a manager can overlook errors caused by trying to make something happen, it's hard for them to overlook errors caused by lax effort and they can tell the difference between trying to make something happen and a lax effort since they see these guys everyday. Pulling a "Dorn" isn't a good idea for a rookie trying to prove he belongs in the bigs, especially since it can also hurt the team as a whole.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're still playing for a spot on the team next year and while a manager can overlook errors caused by trying to make something happen, it's hard for them to overlook errors caused by lax effort and they can tell the difference between trying to make something happen and a lax effort since they see these guys everyday. Pulling a "Dorn" isn't a good idea for a rookie trying to prove he belongs in the bigs, especially since it can also hurt the team as a whole.
Franklin will make the squad next year....errors or not. This team needs his bat more than his glove.