• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Frost on recruiting

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna make a great coach in Lincoln.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't need to 'croot. They'll be lining up at the Gates for the chance to play for him and don the scarlet N.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck getting athletes to DONU then

It's not about getting athletes.

It's about getting athletes who want to be a part of something big. If you get an entire team of bluechip players who have their sites set on the next level, you're going to suck.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite simply, the kids must care about the team aspect of things. The sense of "we" vs. "I"......it must be there.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about getting athletes.

It's about getting athletes who want to be a part of something big. If you get an entire team of bluechip players who have their sites set on the next level, you're going to suck.

Alabama, Clem$on, tOSU, etc all really suck then

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama, Clem$on, tOSU, etc all really suck then

Those teams you just named recruit extremely well. They recruit all-star athletes who want to be a part of a team.

USC is an example of what happens when you get kids that want to be an individual stand out.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line, you can never recruit on paper.

If your recruits are all 4-stars, that's a great start. But they must also be the right kind of 4-stars.....cuz there are a lot bad eggs out there too.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now, I shall show you all my favorite trick.

I will take this beer that I have in my hand, and make the contents inside the can disappear.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My theory on recruiting is that players want to play for a coach and a respectable university. I also believe the coach has very little to do with the recruit taking his talent to the next level or not. Thee old lead a horse to water. But when you have a great coach, great talent and a university and fan base to support success and do it the right way the Nebraska way that's when great accomplishment can be made. I Think that we have two of the three needed for success. And we are knocking on the door for the great talent. I am beginning think that it's more of a speed bump then a hurdle we need to get over. If we get that Callabraska crew to commit early and start peer recruiting this could take off. This staff is learning and making improvements that need to be made.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams you just named recruit extremely well. They recruit all-star athletes who want to be a part of a team.

USC is an example of what happens when you get kids that want to be an individual stand out.

quite shockingly, this post makes sense

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all recruits are different. until you actually start recruiting them and talking with them will you find out which they are. It's completely possible the kid that wants to put on a show will also know how to be part of a team and understand the work that will be involved, but you won't know that until you do the work to recruit them.

i understand Frost's points but seems like he might miss on some talent if he's not going to get on the recruiting wagon.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS. If there is a kid that has it narrowed down to FSU, Miami, & Frost's team, he's gonna say not interested in you kid. I think he will find it hard to get his players that way because the kids want their 10 seconds of fame b4 college. Frost will be recruiting 1 and 0 star athletes and he won't be there long.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS. If there is a kid that has it narrowed down to FSU, Miami, & Frost's team, he's gonna say not interested in you kid. I think he will find it hard to get his players that way because the kids want their 10 seconds of fame b4 college. Frost will be recruiting 1 and 0 star athletes and he won't be there long.

You can tell which kids are attention seeking whores the first time you meet them.

I doubt any kid like that will narrow down his final 3 with Frost's team on the list because Frost won't spend the time recruiting him in order to make the final 3.

And I think people are missing his point. He's not talking about every kid who does the hat thing. He's talking in general about kids who only care about their image. Just because a kid does the hat thing doesn't automatically make them a punk.

He was using the hat thing as an example.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell which kids are attention seeking whores the first time you meet them.

I doubt any kid like that will narrow down his final 3 with Frost's team on the list because Frost won't spend the time recruiting him in order to make the final 3.

And I think people are missing his point. He's not talking about every kid who does the hat thing. He's talking in general about kids who only care about their image. Just because a kid does the hat thing doesn't automatically make them a punk.

He was using the hat thing as an example.
So many of those kids act like they are leaning one way just to go another in the end. it is sad how coaches talk crap about each other especially if two coaches from the same conference are recruiting your kid as we had happen with my daughters. Many coaches rise above all that and promise nothing to the recruit, only a chance to compete for a spot on the roster and a great education with their scholly. I hope you guys get to go through the process of having a child recruited someday - it's fun.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have a kid that's getting recruited some day I will look for the closest thing to Tom Osborne that comes through my door and advise my son to go in that direction.

Any flashy talk will get squashed in my household immediately en sech.