• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scenarios I don't want to see

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
1. Warmack to the Rams. If Jake Long stays healthy, that would be a pain in the ass on the left side of that OL.

2. Jarvis Jones to the Steelers. I do not want to see what Dick Lebeau could do with that guy.

3. Ziggy to the Lions. He, Suh & Fairley would be nasty. That could wake up the sleeping giant in Detroit.

4. Manuel to the Vikings. Not that I think he's amazing, but he's better than Ponder IMO. The vikings' OL is pretty good; they could do similar things to what the Niners' OL does for Kaep.

5. Keenan Allen to the Ravens. With Tory Smith as the deep threat, Allen could do some nice things in that offense.

6. Hankins to anyone but the Niners.

7. Eddie Lacy to the Steelers. Fits too well.

8. DJ Fluker to the Giants. Beaty could play LT; Diehl could move to guard. With Eli & those WRs, that could be a deadly offense.

9. David Amerson to the Pats. They develop DBs too well; they'd tap his natural talent.

10. Alex Okafor to the Pats. He & Jones would be a pretty good pair of DEs.

11. Tyler Eifert to the Packers. Hell no.

What about you?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You gotta stop worrying so much on what you cannot control (the drafting of players to other teams) and only worry about who we draft and acquire...otherwise youre gonna have to change your nomicker to Ninersupersickness

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta stop worrying so much on what you cannot control (the drafting of players to other teams) and only worry about who we draft and acquire...otherwise youre gonna have to change your nomicker to Ninersupersickness

LOL. Those are a lot of scenarios to root against.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1. Warmack to the Rams. If Jake Long stays healthy, that would be a pain in the ass on the left side of that OL.

2. Jarvis Jones to the Steelers. I do not want to see what Dick Lebeau could do with that guy.

3. Ziggy to the Lions. He, Suh & Fairley would be nasty. That could wake up the sleeping giant in Detroit.

4. Manuel to the Vikings. Not that I think he's amazing, but he's better than Ponder IMO. The vikings' OL is pretty good; they could do similar things to what the Niners' OL does for Kaep.

5. Keenan Allen to the Ravens. With Tory Smith as the deep threat, Allen could do some nice things in that offense.

6. Hankins to anyone but the Niners.

7. Eddie Lacy to the Steelers. Fits too well.

8. DJ Fluker to the Giants. Beaty could play LT; Diehl could move to guard. With Eli & those WRs, that could be a deadly offense.

9. David Amerson to the Pats. They develop DBs too well; they'd tap his natural talent.

10. Alex Okafor to the Pats. He & Jones would be a pretty good pair of DEs.

11. Tyler Eifert to the Packers. Hell no.

What about you?

ehhh.. I beg to differ on their DB development.. Spotty would be an over statement imo..

meriweather was a bust, all of the others recently I would say in the last 7 years outside of one, maybe two... I think it's more acknowledged they do a poor job developing DB talent.

But yea, I do agree that Amerson could work there..

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jarvis Jones is the big one for me. I dont think he should fall like they are saying he will. Dont want to see him end up on a team I hate(Steelers, Pats) and they get a steal.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You gotta stop worrying so much on what you cannot control (the drafting of players to other teams) and only worry about who we draft and acquire...

Right. Stuff I CAN control. :)

I wish. (at least when Terry Donahue was GM)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
ehhh.. I beg to differ on their DB development.. Spotty would be an over statement imo..

meriweather was a bust, all of the others recently I would say in the last 7 years outside of one, maybe two... I think it's more acknowledged they do a poor job developing DB talent.

But yea, I do agree that Amerson could work there..

Hold on... Meriweather was a bust? I honestly didn't follow his career too closely, but when I watched him play for the Pats he was pretty dang good.

Asante Samuel proved the Pats made him look better IMO. Talib played much better in NE IMO. They got something out of Alphonzo Denard, a 7th rounder. Just seems like they're getting pretty good DB play without investing too much money / too many picks to get it.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yea I would classify Meriweather a bust. He was released after 4 seasons and ended this past season on IR again on his third team I believe. I agree that Dennard is a quality player out of the 7th round. Talib clearly was under-appreciated and under-utilized in TB(dumb for giving up on him so quickly/easily.) btw, I quickly searched for the pats last several draft classes to make sure I wasn't incorrect(not trying to spout off, just make sure I'm not an idiot, haha)

2012-2nd round, 48th pick--Tavon Wilson, FS(who??)
2011-2nd round, 33rd pick--Ras-I Dowling, CB(Not bad, good potential still)
2010-1st round, 27th pick-- Devin McCourty, CB(good potential still, a bit up and down from year to year.)
2009-2nd round, 34th pick-- Patrick Chung, S(sucks.. about to be released)
2009-2nd round, 41st pick-- Darius Butler, CB(not great. wouldn't have needed Ras-I two years later if quality)
2008-2nd round, 62nd pick-- Terrance Wheatley, CB(WHO??)
2008-4th round, 129th pick-- Jonathon Wilhite, CB(meh.. depth/ST player. not bad for a 4th round pick going into his 6th year)
2007-1st round, 24th pick-- Aforementioned Brandon Meriweather
2006- no DB picks in the first 4 rounds, anything past that isn't really worth mentioning as the only one worth anything since 2005 was Alphonso Dennard last season
2005-3rd round, 84th pick- Ellis Hobbs, CB(not bad, quality 4th CB)
2005-4th round, 133rd pick-James Sanders, Safety(....?)

Well, I think I was actually surprised at the quality/quantity of picks they had since 2008 and they put so much effort into the safety position since 2005 and not really getting anything out of it. While they stole Talib from Tampa and to a point he should be included in their ability to groom corners, I wouldn't put all of it on them.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'll feel really stupid if he comes in and dominates. But to me he's the Taylor Mays of this years draft. Please Baalke don't make me throw something at my TV like last time.

He was a man among boys in college... because he was twice as old as them.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hold on... Meriweather was a bust? I honestly didn't follow his career too closely, but when I watched him play for the Pats he was pretty dang good.

Asante Samuel proved the Pats made him look better IMO. Talib played much better in NE IMO. They got something out of Alphonzo Denard, a 7th rounder. Just seems like they're getting pretty good DB play without investing too much money / too many picks to get it.

They developed Samuel a long time ago, and didn't develop Talib at all, though they may have put him to better use.

As far as Denard, he was a 7th round pick almost entirely due to off-field issues. He was considered a first round pick in some circles, and widely considered a guy who would be taken in the first three, before punching a cop in the approach to the draft. I really hate it when people act like he was a diamond in the rough.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As far as Denard, he was a 7th round pick almost entirely due to off-field issues. He was considered a first round pick in some circles, and widely considered a guy who would be taken in the first three, before punching a cop in the approach to the draft. I really hate it when people act like he was a diamond in the rough.

I followed the Alphonzo Denard stock all season. I thought he was extremely overrated when people had him in the first round. However, he was dropping like a rock even before any of the off-field issues came up.

I wouldn't call him a diamond anyway. He's been better than expected, but that's about it. I suspect he wouldn't have done as well with another team though.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I followed the Alphonzo Denard stock all season. I thought he was extremely overrated when people had him in the first round. However, he was dropping like a rock even before any of the off-field issues came up.

I wouldn't call him a diamond anyway. He's been better than expected, but that's about it. I suspect he wouldn't have done as well with another team though.

That was more a comment on some national guys/Pats announcers, not directed at you in particular.

No legit draft folks viewed him as a first rounder by the end of the season, but he was still considered a guy who would likely go in the first three rounds. Maybe four. There was some talk of moving him to safety, and questions about his abilities, but some folks made it sound like he came out of nowhere. That was hardly the case.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Did some looking. SI.com rated him a second rounder. NFLDraftScout had him ranked 100th. PFW graded him a 3rd-rounder and projected him 3-4. Walter Football talks about him being good value if he falls to the third.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Forgot one. I do not want to see Ryan Swope on either the Packers or Patriots. I don't want to see him anywhere near those teams (tiny little hands notwithstanding).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll feel really stupid if he comes in and dominates. But to me he's the Taylor Mays of this years draft. Please Baalke don't make me throw something at my TV like last time.

He was a man among boys in college... because he was twice as old as them.

I feel the complete opposite. The dude is a beast. I guess we will just have to see how this one turns out :suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Hunt might be my bust pick if he's a first rounder.

Barkley definitely is of he's a first rounder, but Hunt might be it.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel the complete opposite. The dude is a beast. I guess we will just have to see how this one turns out :suds:

Physically he is a beast. Time will tell... I have a stronger opinion on this guy than anyone in this class. All I see when I look at this guy are a bunch of red flags. Major concern is the combination of being raw and old. I'm putting this to rest though right now because I'm really :deadhorse: