• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sanchez? Really?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre played in Shotts system........ CALL EM!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Sanchez is 34-29 in the regular season as a starting NFL QB, jis QB rating is 72, he throws 1 TD to every 1 INT he throws... VERY mediocre. That said he took 2 teams to conference title games ( winning 4 ROAD playoff games in the process) and did so on a team that had a decent running game and a great D. ( sound familiar Rams fans??) Sanchez is not a HOFer but he could easily take your team to 9 wins or so.

Really can't say he took them IMO. Great defense IMO made that possible.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say, go back and compare the talent on the Jets when Sanchez was winning playoff games to the talent currently on the Rams. If the guy isn't asked to carry the team, he will be fine

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really can't say he took them IMO. Great defense IMO made that possible.

Of course but he still QBed those teams to road wins and last I checked STL has a pretty fucking good D. No reason he couldnt duplicate the same thing. If anything STL has better receivers than NY had those 2 years even if their running game isnt quite as good. Honestly it seems like a good fit to me unless you are sold on Hillwho puts up good numbers but loses a shit ton as a starting QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course but he still QBed those teams to road wins and last I checked STL has a pretty fucking good D. No reason he couldnt duplicate the same thing.
No reason Shaun Hill couldn't improve on anything Sanchez has done

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason Shaun Hill couldn't improve on anything Sanchez has done

I dont know man. Hill puts up better numbers buyt at the end of the day he is a losing QB and has been pretty much every year save 1 with SF. I know its not PC to say that a QB's job is to not only win games but make sure he doesnt lose them but whatever. Ill take a guy with a winning record over 63 starts over a guy with a losing record over 27 starts every day of the week. Numbers are nice but wins are better. STL doesnt need a guy to chuck it all over the field, they need a guy to keep them in games and trust their D to win them and Sanchez has proven he can do that. All Hill has proven is he can rack up decent stats once his team is behind by 10-14 points and has to throw every play.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know man. Hill puts up better numbers buyt at the end of the day he is a losing QB and has been pretty much every year save 1 with SF. I know its not PC to say that a QB's job is to not only win games but make sure he doesnt lose them but whatever. Ill take a guy with a winning record over 63 starts over a guy with a losing record over 27 starts every day of the week. Numbers are nice but wins are better. STL doesnt need a guy to chuck it all over the field, they need a guy to keep them in games and trust their D to win them and Sanchez has proven he can do that. All Hill has proven is he can rack up decent stats once his team is behind by 10-14 points and has to throw every play.
I guess Matt Ryan was terrible last year because he didnt win many games. Im sure the Falcons will trade him to us for a 7th rounder because winning is the only thing.

Do we need Brad Smith to relive the Sanchez years too?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good points rmilia1 especially the bolded sentences. Fisher apparently agrees with you and has selected Hill over Davis.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good points rmilia1 especially the bolded sentences. Fisher apparently agrees with you and has selected Hill over Davis.
Doesn't this sound oh so familiar? :noidea:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Matt Ryan was terrible last year because he didnt win many games. Im sure the Falcons will trade him to us for a 7th rounder because winning is the only thing.

Do we need Brad Smith to relive the Sanchez years too?

If Matt Ryan was a losing QB every year and put up good numbers Id say youd be right but he isnt. A more direct comparison to Shaun Hill historically speaking would probably be a Byron Leftwich type of QB. Nice arm talent, looks good in the pocket, better than standard QB rating but just doesnt ever win much. Thats just the way it is.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino never won a ring. I'll take Jeff Hostetler.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marino never won a ring. I'll take Jeff Hostetler.

Shaun Hill isnt as good as either Marino or Hostetler. Neither is Sanchez. You are debating 2 average to below average QB's. 1 wins more than he loses and the other doesnt. Thats all there really is to the argument. Neither is a good choice so its not like you are celebrating either way

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 wins more than he loses and the other doesnt. Thats all there really is to the argument.
Any football player who has ever played any position other than QB in the history of the league would be upset at you for suggesting that everything they do is irrelevant to winning a football game and its entirely on the QB to do so.

That said, Hill's .500 record isnt too terribly impressive. Sanchez' actual QB play isnt too terribly impressive, either. I'd rather see Davis develop...he can make all of the throws Sanchez can make.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any football player who has ever played any position other than QB in the history of the league would be upset at you for suggesting that everything they do is irrelevant to winning a football game and its entirely on the QB to do so.

That said, Hill's .500 record isnt too terribly impressive. Sanchez' actual QB play isnt too terribly impressive, either. I'd rather see Davis develop...he can make all of the throws Sanchez can make.

That said, Bradford's sub-.500 record is depressing. Could Hill actually be a step up if he can play steady if not impressive?

After finally seeing the replay of the game, I would rather let Davis have the shot than Sanchez as well. Sanchez is in a QB friendly system, which is why he's looking good this preseason (plus he's playing against 2nd and 3rd teamers). I woudn't jump to conclusions that he's an improved starting QB just yet. Much like I'm not sold on McCown with the Bucs; Trestman has made Claussen workable. McCown is a mirage without Trestman.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost in this Sanchez discussion is Garrett Gilbert who I believe is going to be a good QB eventually. WE don't need no stinking Sanchez!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After finally seeing the replay of the game, I would rather let Davis have the shot than Sanchez as well. Sanchez is in a QB friendly system, which is why he's looking good this preseason (plus he's playing against 2nd and 3rd teamers).
Whats crazy about Davis in the preseason is that he spent a lot of time against the Browns 1st teamers and 2nd teamers, IIRC. It was dumbed down offense vs dumbed down defense but he was thrown into the fire and a lot of his passes were targeting whoever Justin Gilbert was on and he isnt exactly on the back of the Browns roster.

Davis flashed a lot of potential as a backup. He scrambled well and threw good passes when they were easy ones to make.