• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sanchez? Really?

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is, what will Philly want, and that is a problem because they won't take a 7th rounder. Sanchez and Shotts, wow, I don't know guys.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is, what will Philly want, and that is a problem because they won't take a 7th rounder. Sanchez and Shotts, wow, I don't know guys.

Yeah, the Rams definitely don't want to give up much for him. It'll be interesting to see if Philly even wants to trade him and what they will ask for if they do.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case: The Rams bring him in, he shows that the change of scenery was a good thing and the Rams possibly have a bit of a quarterback controversy when Bradford comes back next season.
Bradford is a backup QB going forward for whichever team gives him a contract which will be worth no money but have lots of escalators assuming he actually plays.

The worst case scenario is to go 7-9 and not be bad enough for the QBs in next year's draft or good enough to be anything better than 4th place in the NFC West. Thats what the Rams need to avoid

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez may not be a bad move for the Rams. I think he got a bit of a bum rap with the Jets. He took them to the AFC championship game in back to back seasons.

Then the Jets decided that they needed to open up the playbook and have him start "making plays". That may have been fine, except that they also got rid of all of his offensive weapons. As someone pointed out, he's looked good in Philly so far. Obviously, it's the pre-season, so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Best case: The Rams bring him in, he shows that the change of scenery was a good thing and the Rams possibly have a bit of a quarterback controversy when Bradford comes back next season.

Worst case: It turns out the problem was that he just plain sucks and the Rams cut him.

Make no mistake, the Jets championship defense took them deep into the playoffs. That was apparent when their defense started to age and the team started to falter. I said Sanchez would be holding a clip board when he came out of college. He is where he belongs. Riding the bench.

I don't think Bradford comes back next season. I this all of his guaranteed money has been taken care of. If he wants to come back at a reduced rate so be it. But he's an accident waiting to happen at this point.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to run some errands and was listening to Jay Mohr, who made a good point re: Sanchez.

He already knows Brian Schottenheimer's offense as he was the OC when the Jets went to 2 straight AFC championships. Mohr also suggested contacting the Jags and making an offer for Chad Henne.

I understand jaco's sentiment re: Sanchez and I said when he came out of USC after only 1 season as starter that he was making a mistake. Also, while the Jets made it to the AFC championship game because of their defense, Sanchez did a good job of managing the offense and certainly didn't lose any games for them, which is about all that you ask of a qb in his first couple of seasons.

The problem that he had with the Jets was that they scrapped their plan of bringing him along slowly and then chose not re-sign and/or trade his best offensive weapons as well as a couple of key o-linemen.

The Rams have the talent to go 9-7 with me as their quarterback, if they can bring in a guy with proven starting experience, whether it's Sanchez, a guy like Henne or whomever, they could potentially make a run at overtaking the 49ers (who have not looked good so far) for a wild card and maybe even challenge the Seahawks.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to run some errands and was listening to Jay Mohr, who made a good point re: Sanchez.

He already knows Brian Schottenheimer's offense as he was the OC when the Jets went to 2 straight AFC championships. Mohr also suggested contacting the Jags and making an offer for Chad Henne.

I understand jaco's sentiment re: Sanchez and I said when he came out of USC after only 1 season as starter that he was making a mistake. Also, while the Jets made it to the AFC championship game because of their defense, Sanchez did a good job of managing the offense and certainly didn't lose any games for them, which is about all that you ask of a qb in his first couple of seasons.

The problem that he had with the Jets was that they scrapped their plan of bringing him along slowly and then chose not re-sign and/or trade his best offensive weapons as well as a couple of key o-linemen.

The Rams have the talent to go 9-7 with me as their quarterback, if they can bring in a guy with proven starting experience, whether it's Sanchez, a guy like Henne or whomever, they could potentially make a run at overtaking the 49ers (who have not looked good so far) for a wild card and maybe even challenge the Seahawks.

IMO Hill is much better suited to this than Sanchez. Even better why bring in a guy who's no better who we already have?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bum rap by the jets lol. Michael Sam is gonna want to play on the offensive line if Sanchez is traded for.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez???

Why don't you just let someone kick you in the nuts now and save the grief of watching Sanchez under center.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live a couple hours East of ST Louis so I have a few Rams fan friends so I cant help but follow the Rams. I was excited for Bradford to come back because I always believed he would eventually become a top 10 qb. I didn't realize how disappointed I would be with him going down again.

I really do feel for the Rams fans. Hope they can get a few surprise wins against teams they should lose too?

Hang in there fellas! :suds:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Sanchez is 34-29 in the regular season as a starting NFL QB, jis QB rating is 72, he throws 1 TD to every 1 INT he throws... VERY mediocre. That said he took 2 teams to conference title games ( winning 4 ROAD playoff games in the process) and did so on a team that had a decent running game and a great D. ( sound familiar Rams fans??) Sanchez is not a HOFer but he could easily take your team to 9 wins or so.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,295.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is a solid QB and better than Clemens who managed to lead the Rams to a 4-5 record last season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,295.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hill can duplicate his 2010 season (except for the 3-7 record, but the Rams defense is better than the Detroit defense) with the Lions the Rams would be just fine.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hill can duplicate his 2010 season (except for the 3-7 record, but the Rams defense is better than the Detroit defense) with the Lions the Rams would be just fine.

I think that is reasonable. Hill isn't the worst option at all. He definitely has potential. Guy can sling the ball too.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hill's chances for a decent season probably for the wrong reason...I remember him punishing the Rams a few times when he was with the 9ers...That might not have been a big deal against the Ram D back then, but it's in my head none the less...It was a while ago, but I can't really put a solid time frame on it...Of course the Rams turned Elvis Grbac into a multi-millionaire who did next to nothing when he got paid by the Chefs...I just hope for the best...My real concern is if he goes down...The drop off to both Davis and Gilbert is really significant, at least to me...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is reasonable. Hill isn't the worst option at all. He definitely has potential. Guy can sling the ball too.
And you know what's good for Hill?

He gets a team with guys to throw it to and one that can Run it too.

Not a bad combo when you have a high ranked defense.

Who Knows? :noidea:

He's as good as any in this situation...

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Hill is much better suited to this than Sanchez. Even better why bring in a guy who's no better who we already have?

Not sure how you know he's as good or better than Sanchez. How much starting experience does he have? Even more important considering the Rams talent, how many playoff games has he started?

I'm no Sanchez fan, but sometimes getting a guy out of a situation that isn't good for him and putting him in a better situation, is all he needs.

I seem to remember the Rams making a couple of Super Bowls with a qb that was given a chance after not accomplishing much previously.

Not saying Sanchez is the next Kurt Warner by any stretch, but the guy was talented enough that he was the #5 pick in the draft the season he came out and the Rams could probably get him for cheap.

Like I said, best case, he ends up being a solid to very good pick up. Worst case, the Rams cut him or he's a backup to Hill. Either way, with Bradford out for the season, the Rams need to get someone and they could definitely do worse than Sanchez.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Sanchez is 34-29 in the regular season as a starting NFL QB, jis QB rating is 72, he throws 1 TD to every 1 INT he throws... VERY mediocre. That said he took 2 teams to conference title games ( winning 4 ROAD playoff games in the process) and did so on a team that had a decent running game and a great D. ( sound familiar Rams fans??) Sanchez is not a HOFer but he could easily take your team to 9 wins or so.

Not only that, but statistically, his 2 best seasons with the Jets were the 2010 and 2011 seasons. In those seasons he threw 43 TD passes and 31 interceptions (not great, but pretty good) and his qb rating for 2011 was 78.2.

In the playoffs, he actually improved. He threw a total of 9 touchdown passes and 3 interceptions, increased his completion percentage from 55.6% to 60.5% and had a qb rating of 95.3 for the 6 playoff games that he was in.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know tf, I'm warming up to both of those (USC) QB's with Philly.

The Sanchez/Shotz connections makes the most sense...

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know tf, I'm warming up to both of those (USC) QB's with Philly.

The Sanchez/Shotz connections makes the most sense...

Yeah it makes since. However, Sanchez sucked in Shotz system.