• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Same Ol, Same Ol

C

cubzzzfanincali

Noon, you and I were more or less in the same camp when Trestman was announced. I don't remember you being a one-man crusader, but you were somewhat unhappy about the hire. Somewhat grumbling, but not pissed. In my case, since I have a bias against Canadians, it couldn't be helped, I was annoyed but I almost immediately put it on ice. Both of us also, if I remember right, were in the minority camp who opposed the Lovie firing. But both of us...you and I both...quickly realized we should give the guy a chance. Which we did.

I think you turned on Trestman a little sooner than I did, but we are both there now. For my part, I think Emery is a bigger part of the problem, but Trestman wasn't hired as a HC in the NFL for a reason until Chicago, which is worth revisiting.

I don't know that Lovie would have done any better once he was finally given a sledload of free agent talent like Trestman was handed. Maybe it would have still sucked. But I am pretty sure our D would have been somewhat better. May be all beside the point, since as long as we have a QB that single-handedly destroys games for us, good D or bad D, at least at some point in any three game run, meaning a playoff run would be a waste anyway.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is a fraud, I have seen Clay Matthews tackle Jay Cutler by the helmet and then slam him down for a sack...that call on Willie Young was bullshit

I saw that call in both day games I watched. The QB is ducking to avoid the contact which puts his head where his chest was when the D Man was grabbing for it.

I actually thought the bears had decent line pressure this week. Stafford was throwing on the run and getting hit. He is really as lucky as Cutler gets when they have good games. I think they are very similar and will end up with the same type of career of being underachievers disguised as franchise quarterbacks.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would be extremely happy if we got Rex Ryan next year. I REALLY WANT JIM HARBAUGH!!!

Harbaugh would turn the team around, but he is someone that both the fans, organization and team tire of quickly, its a two year plan before he is being run out of town. Pretty sure Michigan is gonna offer more stability than any NFL team will.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trestman enabled this man, and continues to back him...he has to go

I agree with this statement, but only if you exchange Tucker for Cutler, then it makes much more sense to me.

Wounded Bear

Pilgrim on a Moutain Top
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you turned on Trestman a little sooner than I did, but we are both there now. For my part, I think Emery is a bigger part of the problem, but Trestman wasn't hired as a HC in the NFL for a reason until Chicago, which is worth revisiting.

Yep.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Harbaugh.

I can't handle the tantrums and the skipping up and down the sidelines like a 15 year old girl.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention we just watched him spend 3 years squandering one of the better defenses in the league, for some POS, hoodrat, that cares more about his hair than he does about winning.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan has never done anything and say what you want about Harbaugh, but he has declined a team, much the same as Trestman.

Tucker will go for sure, he had no excuses this year like injuries last year. Time for a new outlook on Defense. Who they will hire, will be real interesting. Not sure a lot of "known" product D coordinators will be out there. No way Rex or Ron Rivera, if they get axed, will look for a coordinator job, when they both think they're head coach material, (look at Lovie).

So what good LB coach is out there wanting to upgrade? What a risk, eh.

On offense, the more I look at this year vs. last year it really boils down to one major difference. The O line which was healthy last year. It has not been healthy this year and worse, the back ups haven't been healthy. Mills may never be healthy again, with his foot. Slauson going out set our running game back 3 years. De La Puenta may be a good center, but he absolutely sucked at Guard. Britton's been out. Even our LT Bushrod has been average this year, but that could be because of Slauson replacement issues. All of this has cause our play calling to shorten up (wr screens, dumps to Forte) not being able to run a lick between the tackles. This will have to be addressed or Trestman will be gone next year. One thing definitely ON Trestman, stupid drive stopping penalties. Really, Marshall, forgetting the snap count? Holding calls, false starts on the O line, it has been a comedy of errors that have got to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex Ryan… as your head coach?… Seriously?

C

cubzzzfanincali

On offense, the more I look at this year vs. last year it really boils down to one major difference. The O line which was healthy last year. It has not been healthy this year and worse, the back ups haven't been healthy. Mills may never be healthy again, with his foot. Slauson going out set our running game back 3 years. De La Puenta may be a good center, but he absolutely sucked at Guard. Britton's been out. Even our LT Bushrod has been average this year, but that could be because of Slauson replacement issues. All of this has cause our play calling to shorten up (wr screens, dumps to Forte) not being able to run a lick between the tackles. This will have to be addressed or Trestman will be gone next year. One thing definitely ON Trestman, stupid drive stopping penalties. Really, Marshall, forgetting the snap count? Holding calls, false starts on the O line, it has been a comedy of errors that have got to stop.

Maybe this has been a question of health. Maybe. I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I am not sure. Garza has been in decline for years so whatever it's a moot point. Bushrod, to me, is the most interesting one. You know, even in 2013, the approach the Bears used with Bushrod was to have him basically power block even on passing plays. I think they realized he wasn't really fast enough and so they figured "well, if he can bull his way to another second of protection, great". I think defenses have figured out that if you move laterally on Bushrod and avoid his initial pass blocking engagement, you can beat him. Maybe not having Slauson helping has mattered, I don't know. I just think Bushrod has been exposed. It is going to be a real problem going forward, because I think his cap hit makes hit uncuttable next year. It is too bad, because for what we are paying him, he isn't worth it.

BigLiquid530

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of people blaming it on health. Every team has injuries and they make adjustments. Our coaching staff doesn't have the intelligence to make adjustments. Tress tries to say that these fuckin screen passes are an extension of our run game which is bullshit. Forte had I think 7 touches. That's just ridiculous. These guys need to go. It's a fuckin joke honestly. It's a shame because as bears fan we deserve better.

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is not a wakeup call to fire Trestman and his entire staff...I do not know what would be!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of people blaming it on health. Every team has injuries and they make adjustments. Our coaching staff doesn't have the intelligence to make adjustments. Tress tries to say that these fuckin screen passes are an extension of our run game which is bullshit. Forte had I think 7 touches. That's just ridiculous. These guys need to go. It's a fuckin joke honestly. It's a shame because as bears fan we deserve better.