• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints pregame

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the story with Jamin Davis? He was the 3rd LB taken in the draft and 19th overall pick behind Micah Parsons and Zaven Collins. I think that it's significant that he was drafted by an organization that is headed by a former linebacker and another former linebacker who heads the defensive side of the ball. Added together, should there be more of an impact from this player considering where he was drafted and who his coaches are?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they beat the Saints that will give me a little hope for the season. Gotta keep Dallas within striking distance.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the story with Jamin Davis? He was the 3rd LB taken in the draft and 19th overall pick behind Micah Parsons and Zaven Collins. I think that it's significant that he was drafted by an organization that is headed by a former linebacker and another former linebacker who heads the defensive side of the ball. Added together, should there be more of an impact from this player considering where he was drafted and who his coaches are?

It could be they put too much on his plate

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. With both RR and Del Rio being former NFL LBs as well as NFL coaches as long as they both have. I was thinking they saw something in the kid that was, how to say this, that was "it" whatever "it" is. I also recall Brian Baldinger, another former NFL player, saying he was at Skins camp durind OTAs and Davis reminded him a lot of Thomas Davis. Due to his ability to run sideline to sideline and his range and I was hopeful we had a keeper. The only drawback could be if Davis' mental game wasn't on par with his physical game, but I figured RR n Del Rio had checked that out n it was all good. There was also an article I read that said one of Bostic's biggest jobs was to mentor the kid and that was cool. I was thinking if everything goes smoothly by mid-season Davis should be the Skins starting MLB. Course this is the Skins were talking about, I should've realized notrhing happens smoothly with them. Not even 2 fornmer NFL LBS making a LB their first pick in the draft.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. With both RR and Del Rio being former NFL LBs as well as NFL coaches as long as they both have. I was thinking they saw something in the kid that was, how to say this, that was "it" whatever "it" is. I also recall Brian Baldinger, another former NFL player, saying he was at Skins camp durind OTAs and Davis reminded him a lot of Thomas Davis. Due to his ability to run sideline to sideline and his range and I was hopeful we had a keeper. The only drawback could be if Davis' mental game wasn't on par with his physical game, but I figured RR n Del Rio had checked that out n it was all good. There was also an article I read that said one of Bostic's biggest jobs was to mentor the kid and that was cool. I was thinking if everything goes smoothly by mid-season Davis should be the Skins starting MLB. Course this is the Skins were talking about, I should've realized notrhing happens smoothly with them. Not even 2 fornmer NFL LBS making a LB their first pick in the draft.
I don't want to be overly pessimistic but Davis was rated as a very late first round to early second round draft prospect. Linebacker was/is a glaring need and perhaps they over reached for him.

Now, there have been debates here over saving draft picks instead of trading for players. This debate could go on and on without agreement, but I believe that we could get fairly wide agreement on wasting picks by over drafting players.

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDR Presser

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He only played 1 year of Lb in college or only started 1 year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been getting about what I expected from Humphries. No complaints here. I'm waiting on Brown to be consistent week in and week out.

The Humphries signing never really moved the needle for me. That said, he's been good/average, about what I thought he'd be.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Davis will be great next year. He probably just needs a good year to learn.
Parsons looks amazing, wouldn't be surprised if he's an all pro in a few years