• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints on grass

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok good.

we're hoping to "slow them down" on grass, they'll get their yards but hopefully not their touchdowns.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The weather has been too good up here of late. It's supposed to be clear skies through next Wednesday. Where's El Niño when you need him?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not THAT scary outside their dome. Drew Brees' QB rating drops 20 points when he's not in a dome this season.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also last year we played them tough at the stick. Hell we should of won that game but had to many dumb mistakes(bad snap safety, fumble on punt return) Still only lost by a FG. But shoulda, coulda, woulda.

We can take them!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok good.

we're hoping to "slow them down" on grass, they'll get their yards but hopefully not their touchdowns.

guess we should forget to mow the lawn that week. have some horses run around the field for a bit. that should slow them down, heck sproles might even fall into a hole in the field

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
guess we should forget to mow the lawn that week. have some horses run around the field for a bit. that should slow them down, heck sproles might even fall into a hole in the field

Oh my that is funny....

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two weeks of preparing for them shouldn't hurt either.

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone knows if we are getting Ginn and Kyle back?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They are only scary inside a dome which is why I'm not really all that scared of the Saints. They only look like the hot team right now because 6 out of their last 7 have been in domes and that sole grass game was against the Titans a game in which they nearly lost in the final seconds.

The only team that we really need to be scared of is Green Bay because they can score on any surface.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Anyone knows if we are getting Ginn and Kyle back?

Kyle for sure will be back and Ginn is expected to be back.

I think having the bye week is going to be huge for the team to recharge some batteries.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just play our best and don't "give it away". IF they're still better than day, fine.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You think the groundskeepers at Candlestick would run the sprinklers extra long overnight to soak the field, to give the 49ers a wetter field and an advantage?

The sloppier the field is, the more advantage the 49ers get.

Can teams do those kinds of things legally? Try to make the field sloppy on purpose by watering, not cutting, etc.?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You think the groundskeepers at Candlestick would run the sprinklers extra long overnight to soak the field, to give the 49ers a wetter field and an advantage?

Can teams do those kinds of things legally? Try to make the field sloppy on purpose by watering, not cutting, etc.?

Legally, no.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In highschool that happened to us. The other teams grass was soooo long and wet. The whole game it felt like I was on skates.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also last year we played them tough at the stick. Hell we should of won that game but had to many dumb mistakes(bad snap safety, fumble on punt return) Still only lost by a FG. But shoulda, coulda, woulda.

We can take them!

That was a very memorable game. Alex Smith was playing pretty good in that one I remember with some big hookups with Vernon. I also remember Delanie Walker had a key fumble on an initial drive deep in their territory and it was a huge momentum killer. One of the tougher losses that I can remember. But we haven't had that many losses recently (knock on wood)

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Legally, no.

what does that mean? say we go into next week's game and don't cut the grass, overwater, etc etc.. can the NFL postpone the game for a few hours while forcing the crew to cut the grass or dry the field? what's the recourse. can the saints play under protest? i'm sure home teams have done things like this in the past but i don't remember the NFL ever doing anything to negate that time of 'preparation.'

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our team remembers the blitzkrieg that the Saints put on us in the first game of preseason and I'm hoping that now that it counts, we pay it back to them while using Bowman and Willis' sideline to sideline ability in order to counter their screens to Sproles. Nothing would make me happier then watching Brees scrape himself off the grass after every passing situation.