• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sabres hire Ralph Krueger and have now fired Ralph Krueger

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a lot in that press conference you could repost and find hilarious, I’m just gonna suggest watching it all for anyone who didn’t and needs to think their GM isn’t the worst in the league. It’s actually insane.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something has to be done. a firing, a trade, things can't continue like this.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm surprised. The season is long gone anyway, so I figured they'd just ride it out then can him in the off-season.
My guess is the GM got a flurry of "Trade me if he stays" requests and they really couldn't afford to lose all of them to hold one dude that wasn't gonna last the summer anyway.

This is also my last hope of getting rid of Torts before June.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the catchy slogan - tanking for??
Sucking for?? Shitting the bed for??

let’s see what everyone has.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I'm surprised. The season is long gone anyway, so I figured they'd just ride it out then can him in the off-season.
There becomes a point where the situation winds up prohibiting that, like when the Leafs canned Ron Wilson in March after giving him a contract extension at Christmas 2.5 months earlier (ANOTHER BURKE MASTERSTROKE!).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is still one more crack at "Lose for Hughes"
"Go lower for Power"? "Blowin' for Owen"? no, that sounds wrong
I was thinking "Spent for Kent" since I see them getting screwed in the draft lottery.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Don Granato will be the interim head coach, but you gotta think that they need to land somebody like Gerard Gallant before somebody else scoops him up.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Don Granato will be the interim head coach, but you gotta think that they need to land somebody like Gerard Gallant before somebody else scoops him up.
What are you even selling a coach on right now? "We don't know what we're doing but hopefully we'll figure that out in 6 months"?

At this point are they better off even trying to keep Eichel (or Dahlin for that matter, they may have completely Oilered him by this point) or moving him and everything else of value? What's the plan for the crease? They've screwed up so much development over the past few years they probably need entirely new departments of scouting & their minors system.

At least if you take a few months to play out the season and try to figure out the best path forward you can present a plan to candidates and hear their opinions on it/gather their input and then make a decision. Going for a name now with no idea what you're going to do with the roster is kind of what they've been doing for years now.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you even selling a coach on right now? "We don't know what we're doing but hopefully we'll figure that out in 6 months"?

At this point are they better off even trying to keep Eichel (or Dahlin for that matter, they may have completely Oilered him by this point) or moving him and everything else of value? What's the plan for the crease? They've screwed up so much development over the past few years they probably need entirely new departments of scouting & their minors system.

At least if you take a few months to play out the season and try to figure out the best path forward you can present a plan to candidates and hear their opinions on it/gather their input and then make a decision. Going for a name now with no idea what you're going to do with the roster is kind of what they've been doing for years now.

You have to have a steady hand on the wheel and that's been missing for several seasons in Buffalo. Not even sure if Kevyn Adams is the right guy to be GM, but Botterill really screwed the pooch. I mean, I don't have any other than anecdotal evidence, but I wonder how much Pegula interferes with hockey related decisions. At any rate, I've always thought Gallant has been an excellent coach (works well with young guys and has earned the respect of veterans), put it this way, if the Flames wouldn't have hired Darryl Sutter, he was my top choice.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they sell the fact.... if they can turn around a former 40 goal scorer who never played in the playoffs into anything close to what they are paying him. They could secure the coach for life in Buffalo.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they sell the fact.... if they can turn around a former 40 goal scorer who never played in the playoffs into anything close to what they are paying him. They could secure the coach for life in Buffalo.
Okay had NO idea Skinner had never played a playoff game. Holy hell.