• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryder Cup in Scotland - Captain's Picks?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he continues to scare me even if he does have a 3 shot lead.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Bradley, Mahan and Simpson as the captains picks.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked Sneddy miss the cut. But hunter and Keegan are no surprise. Webb better bring his A game, I'm not sure he's done much lately.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked Sneddy miss the cut. But hunter and Keegan are no surprise. Webb better bring his A game, I'm not sure he's done much lately.

Sneds with MC's in the first two playoff events probably took himself out of it. You're right about Webb bringing his A game he's been off and on like a light switch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not liking the Simpson pick at all, but clearly he went for experience which probably knocked Kirk out

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not liking the Simpson pick at all, but clearly he went for experience which probably knocked Kirk out

Reed and Simpson on the team now? ...Oy Vey, I'm going to have to dig deep to route for those guys.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed and Simpson on the team now? ...Oy Vey, I'm going to have to dig deep to route for those guys.

Well...this is the RC...I'll have no problem rooting for any of the guys wearing Red White & Blue even though I hate the long putter.

But what does he have? 3 Rookies? Spieth has been very quiet of late...I knew he was playing too much earlier this season...hopefully he'll be re-energized....just looking at the Euro team on paper...I'm not that optimistic, but I'll be watching!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...this is the RC...I'll have no problem rooting for any of the guys wearing Red White & Blue even though I hate the long putter.

But what does he have? 3 Rookies? Spieth has been very quiet of late...I knew he was playing too much earlier this season...hopefully he'll be re-energized....just looking at the Euro team on paper...I'm not that optimistic, but I'll be watching!

Not to mention it has been 20 years since we have won over there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention it has been 20 years since we have won over there.

Wow...I did not know that...actually the last RC I remember the U.S. winning was @ Brookline.

I think the only reason the U.S. started taking this serious again was that very reason...it seem to mean so much more to the Euros and they would rub our faces in it, now we can't beat them if we wanted to.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...I did not know that...actually the last RC I remember the U.S. winning was @ Brookline.

I think the only reason the U.S. started taking this serious again was that very reason...it seem to mean so much more to the Euros and they would rub our faces in it, now we can't beat them if we wanted to.

ATL you forgot about Valhalla in KY. the last time we won, that was with 6 Ryder Cup rookies and no Tiger Woods. No Woods this time either makes it feel like some type of history karma happening.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about someone like Billy Horschel? Another emotional guy who's fire could be contagious with some of the other more laid-back players.

Patting myself on the back for this pick well before Horschel made his FedEx Cup run.

Would LOVE to substitute Horschel for Simpson....just seems like such a better fit for this style of play.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patting myself on the back for this pick well before Horschel made his FedEx Cup run.

Would LOVE to substitute Horschel for Simpson....just seems like such a better fit for this style of play.

Even w/o that win he was a better pick imo...Simpson is only here because he's got a bit of experience.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will still never understand why they pick the Ryder Cup teams so early. I understand there are logistics involved.....but why not name the Captain's picks the Sunday evening after the last FedEx Cup event? This year proves that you really need to wait until the very end to gauge how everyone is playing. Horschel is on fire right now.....can't miss a putt and would surely add so much to this team just through his emotions. Just a shame......but you never know, Simpson or the other picks could go undefeated too. I just like our odds better with Billy.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will still never understand why they pick the Ryder Cup teams so early. I understand there are logistics involved.....but why not name the Captain's picks the Sunday evening after the last FedEx Cup event? This year proves that you really need to wait until the very end to gauge how everyone is playing. Horschel is on fire right now.....can't miss a putt and would surely add so much to this team just through his emotions. Just a shame......but you never know, Simpson or the other picks could go undefeated too. I just like our odds better with Billy.

You don't...all those guys are great players and sometimes it doesn't take much to trigger a stretch of good play...seriously...who would've picked Horschel to win the FE cup after the PGA? Playoffs hit and he was another guy all of a sudden...I'm sure TW...cap TW wish he could make that pick again though.