• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Williams

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are about to sign him. He sat out last year or didnt play because of previous injuries from what I read. Twist knows about VTech guys more than anyone , so Im wondering what he thinks . He was an early second round pick a few yrs back. Definitely worth a shot IMO.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude was really good, but injuries and such............reminds of mo clarett

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude was really good, but injuries and such............reminds of mo clarett

Clarett was a serious waste. If Williams knee is 100%, this could be a great pickup. He was 4.61 at combine, 4.49 at his pro day, but always looked faster in games to me

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he had that one good season at VT in 2009, and injuries have derailed him since then. Hopefully we're just talking about a series of unfortunate fluke accidents. Backing-up an RB that struggles to stay healthy with an RB that struggles to stay healthy seems like an interesting concept.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rememeber I loved him coming out of college. He was the part of a 3 headed backfield at VTech. One of the others was the guy for the Giants that we always make fumble. With that being said, splitting carries skews numbers big time in college. He was actually projected at one time to be a 1000 yd rusher and 10 TD guy for the Cardinals a couple of yrs ago until he was injured. In other words before the injuries, I would have said STUD. . If he doesnt pan out it was worth a shot. Im not very high on Randle.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing. I'm assuming he has little or no guaranteed money. He and Randle can battle for the #3 spot. Only downside I can think of is if we end up keeping 4 RBs (we probably will) and it creates a roster jam and we end up with no FB. Don't see that happening, but it's happened before here.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see this guy stay healthy and beat out Randle. Randle to me is not very good. I hope like hell that Murray and Dunbar wont get hurt. This would be a dynamic duo. I would like to see Murray extended for 3 years for a cap friendly deal. Murray is a complete back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see this guy stay healthy and beat out Randle. Randle to me is not very good. I hope like hell that Murray and Dunbar wont get hurt. This would be a dynamic duo. I would like to see Murray extended for 3 years for a cap friendly deal. Murray is a complete back.

I think that is exactly what is going to happen. RBs just aren't getting a lot of money in FA lately. No reason to let him go if the $'s make sense. We saw the difference in our offense with him versus without him over the last couple of years.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are about to sign him. He sat out last year or didnt play because of previous injuries from what I read. Twist knows about VTech guys more than anyone , so Im wondering what he thinks . He was an early second round pick a few yrs back. Definitely worth a shot IMO.

I don't think you are going to like my opinion.

I don't think he makes the team

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you are going to like my opinion.

I don't think he makes the team

As for me, I'd take your word for it because you've seen a heck of a lot more Hokie football than I have. I would be interested to know if you think he won't make it because he'll get hurt. You don't believe he can beat out Randle if healthy?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not very high on Randle.

Me either ..... he doesn't have the vision that's required at the NFL level IMO.

My hopes lie in a healthy Murray and Dunbar and Garrett getting his head out of his ass for once and sticking with the running game. Dunbar is a hell of a weapon when healthy.... Just cant stay healthy. And we all know we are a better team when we use Murray

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for me, I'd take your word for it because you've seen a heck of a lot more Hokie football than I have. I would be interested to know if you think he won't make it because he'll get hurt. You don't believe he can beat out Randle if healthy?

There's just nothing special about him.

I mean if you are a true work horse running back .... Va Tech will actually use you too much.... and use guys up before they get to the pros .... when Tech has to use 3 ... it means none can be counted on and they use each at the one thing he does good.

Add in the injuries ... and he is a situation back .... not a back that could take over if Murray went down

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean if you are a true work horse running back .... Va Tech will actually use you too much.... and use guys up before they get to the pros .... when Tech has to use 3 ... it means none can be counted on and they use each at the one thing he does good.

Add in the injuries ... and he is a situation back .... not a back that could take over if Murray went down

:suspicious: Like who?

RW only was healthy for one full year at VT and was a total beast - breaking VTs single season, and ACC freshman rushing records. He split time with David Wilson his second season, and was injured, so I am not sure how you could say he was 'used up.'

He has obviously had his share of injuries, and it's yet to be seen whether he'll be able to recover fully from him, but you're crazy to say he was nothing special when not hurt.

Here are some highlights from just his R-FR year at VT

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the RB situation at VT was interesting when Ryan Williams was there.

He came in, redshirted...then prior to his redshirt freshman year, 2009, the starter Darren Evans tore his ACL, out for the year, so Williams was promoted to starter. This was also the freshman year for another electric runner, David Wilson (if you're not redshirting, you dont keep that kind of talent on the bench). In 2009 Williams had 293 carries to Wilson's 59.

In 2010, Darren Evans was healthy, and we had Williams and Wilson, we had the three headed backfield, Williams had 110 carries in 2010 (and missed 4 games due to a hamstring injury, i think), Evans had 151, and Wilson 113. After that year, Evans and Williams declared for the draft.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suspicious: Like who?

RW only was healthy for one full year at VT and was a total beast - breaking VTs single season, and ACC freshman rushing records. He split time with David Wilson his second season, and was injured, so I am not sure how you could say he was 'used up.'

He has obviously had his share of injuries, and it's yet to be seen whether he'll be able to recover fully from him, but you're crazy to say he was nothing special when not hurt.

Here are some highlights from just his R-FR year at VT

Reread ... I didnt say he was used up .... I said if he was a solid every down back ... Va Tech would have over used him .... They do it to all their Rbs. The only one I can remember surviving in recent years was Barber and he was like Wilson ... fumbled all the time

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reread ... I didnt say he was used up .... I said if he was a solid every down back ... Va Tech would have over used him .... They do it to all their Rbs. The only one I can remember surviving in recent years was Barber and he was like Wilson ... fumbled all the time

not a hokie.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy used to have second level speed, could hit another gear after finding a hole.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy used to have second level speed, could hit another gear after finding a hole.

I dont know what guy you are watching..... he is a straight ahead runner. not good around the edge and very limited pass catcher

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what guy you are watching..... he is a straight ahead runner. not good around the edge and very limited pass catcher

The guy was taken like 37th overall coming off an injury. He obviously had plenty of NFL skill at one point. I admittedly don't know where he is at now coming off another one.