• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan deletes social media accounts

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Ryan, disgusted with a Seahawks fan commenting on the Orlando shooting, walks away from social media.

I've gotta' say, I can see where he's coming from. The only way I can stay on this site, is by consciously deciding to not go into Non-Sports talk. It's bad enough on the General sports threads.

My Northwest website said:
144579-620x370.jpgSeahawks punter Jon Ryan was active on social media before deleting his Twitter and Instagram accounts over the weekend. (AP)
Seahawks punter Jon Ryan deleted both his Twitter and Instagram accounts Sunday night following a testy interaction with a fan on Instagram about homosexuality, according to the Seattle PI.

Ryan’s post appeared to refer to the mass shooting Sunday at a gay nightclub in Orlando, the PI reports. One commenter wrote: “Where in the bible does it say it’s ok to be (sic) homo sexual?” Ryan responded, “… please unfollow me. You’re a terrible human being … please stop cheering for the Seahawks. We don’t want piece of (expletive) fans like you. Thanks.”

Ryan’s fiancé, Sarah Colonna, confirmed in a tweet that Ryan is done with social media:

Follow
YxJxDVgy_normal.jpeSarah Colonna

✔@sarahcolonna
As I watch @JonRyan9 delete his Twitter & Instagram "because people are defending a terrorist, a murderer," how can I argue. 1f494.png

The 34-year-old Ryan has been both candid and humorous on social media in the past, posting nearly 7,000 tweets. ESPN’s Sheil Kapadia named Ryan the best Seahawk to follow on social media Sunday morning, hours before Ryan deleted his accounts.

This whole story just makes me sad. I can't even get the energy up to be outraged about it. Anyway, good for Jon Ryan.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Social media has become a cesspool of keyboard warriors and trolls who say things they wouldn't say to another man in real life.

I remember a while back Curt Schilling posted a congratulations tweet about his Daughter getting into college and some idiots attacked his daughter with some obscene sexual terms and Curt decided to hunt down who those guys were, contacted their employers and got those two fired for the behavior they displayed.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just goes to show how horrible so many people are once they feel they are free from consequence.

Of course they aren't really completely free from consequence. If they cross enough lines, they become public pariahs.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I believe Shiel Kapadia just noted Ryan as the best twitter follow on the team.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Social media has become a cesspool of keyboard warriors and trolls who say things they wouldn't say to another man in real life.

I remember a while back Curt Schilling posted a congratulations tweet about his Daughter getting into college and some idiots attacked his daughter with some obscene sexual terms and Curt decided to hunt down who those guys were, contacted their employers and got those two fired for the behavior they displayed.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was hilarious at the end when they take the money they earn to fly around the country and beat up the people who talked shit about them on the internet!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's weird... If there's 1 person who has no room to judge people on their offensive social media comments, it's Curt Schilling.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You meet all kinds on the Internet. Some people have extremely strong beliefs that aren't tolerant of everyone....

I think social media (Facebook, Twitter, whatever the F else is around these days) is completely stupid and have never had an account or wanted to sign up for one but I will say I understand it's great for athletes to be a bit more personal with their fanbase.

That said, if you're going to sign up for it you should realize what you're getting into and not get so butthurt. I think Ryan is pretty naive given his comment.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You meet all kinds on the Internet. Some people have extremely strong beliefs that aren't tolerant of everyone....

I think social media (Facebook, Twitter, whatever the F else is around these days) is completely stupid and have never had an account or wanted to sign up for one but I will say I understand it's great for athletes to be a bit more personal with their fanbase.

That said, if you're going to sign up for it you should realize what you're getting into and not get so butthurt. I think Ryan is pretty naive given his comment.

Eh, he's supposedly been the most active Seahawk ON social media, and you can't spend more than 15 minutes online and bump into the shvt that plagues it. So I think he knew what he was getting into.

He just met his limit.

I can relate. My limit came from going into the politics threads here when I first arrived. In my previous board, 90% of my posts were in our version of the politics thread (we called it 'Non-Sports talk')

I stopped going into Politics here after about a month, and I haven't been back in once. Not even to lurk. That place is a dripping gangrenous pustule on the shit encrusted hairy backside of humanity. It's bad for the soul.

I imagine that Ryan is going to regret all the good things he used to be able to do via social media, so I agree from that perspective. But 'butthurt?' Meh.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The political forum is a cess pool. Don't even look at posts on that forum. Social media is about the same.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me started on the Politics forum. It is a disgusting, revolting shithole that represents everything that is wrong with the internet.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me started on the Politics forum. It is a disgusting, revolting shithole that represents everything that is wrong with the internet.

The problem with the politics board is almost everyone in there has the same mindset. Everyone has different values, determined by a number of different factors, and no one's life experiences are the same. And even still most people say "this is what I believe and if you disagree you are wrong." Which means there's no room for debate or discussion. It's just people throwing down opinions and rhetoric which ends up going nowhere, shutting down anyone with even the slightest bit of dissent. Not everyone on the politics forum is like that, but most are. It's easily the most obnoxious and appalling forum on this site.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with the politics board is almost everyone in there has the same mindset. Everyone has different values, determined by a number of different factors, and no one's life experiences are the same. And even still most people say "this is what I believe and if you disagree you are wrong." Which means there's no room for debate or discussion. It's just people throwing down opinions and rhetoric which ends up going nowhere, shutting down anyone with even the slightest bit of dissent. Not everyone on the politics forum is like that, but most are. It's easily the most obnoxious and appalling forum on this site.

I'm a somewhat regular there. It's good if you like to see both sides of the glass.

Ryan is right to block this guy.

I take the bus alot to UVic. I live about 5 Minute drive from a medical clinic that contains a woman's center. There used to be a group of christian bible thumpers at the street light in a straight view of the Woman's center picketing everyday.

If you are going to a massacre A SENSELESS MASSACRE to prolong his christian agenda like those picketing is wrong. We live in a different time then when the bible was created