• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Clark

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should of never let that guy come to pgh in the first place, class act and heck of a player. To bad hes twilighting now......

Brock2005

Intellectual Bully
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome home Ryan. He was the one who had #21 on his way to being a hall of famer and a good man.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should of never let that guy come to pgh in the first place, class act and heck of a player. To bad hes twilighting now......

Agree totally. How ever as I have stated this move is for three reasons.

1. He can mentor our young safetys.

2. He adds credible leadership in our secondary.

3. Allows the team to draft for talent instead of need solely with the 2nd and 3rd round pick this year.

He's a stopgap with upside, nothing more.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Djax is'at'gruden house he is'not with allen or synder some nbc dianna girl tweeted this and also djax does not want to play on the west coast according to team djax

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree totally. How ever as I have stated this move is for three reasons.

1. He can mentor our young safetys.

2. He adds credible leadership in our secondary.

3. Allows the team to draft for talent instead of need solely with the 2nd and 3rd round pick this year.

He's a stopgap with upside, nothing more.

oh i agree, i think its a very very very good signing, he can still play. He is a true leader and will mentor the heck out of others........and serves a role as a serviceable starter for a year or two, you cant beat that

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to give props again to Allen. He didn't panic and he signed the guy he wanted to a team friendly contract. Now let's see how he handles Jackson. It is still undetermined if he can evaluated talent, but he is one of the best at contracts, personnel mgmt, and cap space.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing, I'm sure it's on the cheap. I would say CB could still be on our list of long term needs, along with some if the positions u guys listed. Hall won't be around forever, Porter may not be anything more than a nickel, and Minnifield and Biggers might not be on this team much longer.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to give props again to Allen. He didn't panic and he signed the guy he wanted to a team friendly contract. Now let's see how he handles Jackson. It is still undetermined if he can evaluated talent, but he is one of the best at contracts, personnel mgmt, and cap space.

If Im Allen, here is my pitch.

Im willing to pay you, within reason. I'll give you $x amount guaranteed and give you the ability to make $x amount total based on performance, workouts etc. Plus I will give you something not many other GM's can guarantee you. the change to stick the wood to the guy who fired you twice a year for the next 3 years or more depending on how long HE keeps his job.

so do we have a deal?? :D

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would that take S off the list? the deal is for one year

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good signing, I'm sure it's on the cheap. I would say CB could still be on our list of long term needs, along with some if the positions u guys listed. Hall won't be around forever, Porter may not be anything more than a nickel, and Minnifield and Biggers might not be on this team much longer.

Agreed. However we are not goign into the draft with a MUST HAVE position in mind now. Best case, we can draft for superior talent as apposed to pressing need. Aside from maybe RT, and depending on if they actually pull off the Jackson deal, there isnt a spot that we dont have a penciled in starter who is at least average. Last year this time we went into the draft knowing we had no choice but to get a CB, 2 safetys, and then depth. If the season started tomorrow, aside from a #2/#3 WR... cant think of a spot where we dont have at least an average starter. You could make a case for RT, but Polumbus will do in a pinch.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would that take S off the list? the deal is for one year

Because it gives us a year to see what we have in Rambo and Thomas without being forced to start either one of them or a rookie. Draft for talent, not for immediate need. Draft for need all you want, as long as its long term need and not a we must have a day one starter or else. think thats what screwed rambo last year.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this move cause I remember last year on the pre season games ryan clark was mentoring Rambo from a distance when he got burnt on that play by Chris Johnson on that big run play so Imagine what he can do now that their are in the same building together

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stands out to me is how players overvalue themselves.

Remember when Ryan Clark left after his visit, he stated the Redskins were trying to screw him again. I guess the whole league had the same idea.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What stands out to me is how players overvalue themselves.

Remember when Ryan Clark left after his visit, he stated the Redskins were trying to screw him again. I guess the whole league had the same idea.

GK... I know you and I have a fundamental disagreement on this. But I cant fault a man for trying to get every dollar he can for the job he does. And I respect that twice as much in a job like the NFL where any play could be your last. The nature of the league is that from time to time teams will get screwed on a deal. And on the flip side, some times teams make out like a fat rat. So in the end it almost evens out.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess that would take safety off of the must draft list.

WR, OT, G, ILB

Are we in agreement gents?? And no not in that order per say.

I'd say that it does. Ryan Clark can start, as well as serve as a player-coach for Bacarri Rambo. Not to mention, Phillip Thomas, whose virtually a rookie. I like Gumbs, too. We have some young depth at the position. Why get another young and unknown FS? We need to see what these guys have. Plus, we know have a proven commodity, who can start, now. I believe we have enough depth at ILB. I believe it all boils down to getting a RT, a RG or a WR. I still believe a WR is going to be the pick.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to disagree dude. We resigned Merriweather, and just signed clark. We have Rambo,gumbs and Thomas on roster. thats 5. If we draft a safety... who doesnt make roster?? We got two vets who will likely start. We have young guys we need to figure out. Drafting a safety now would just muddy the waters.

We're not getting another safety with this acquisition. Period. Now, there are two veteran starters and three young reserves. One of them is virtually a rookie. We re-signed Meriweather, who'll be the strong safety. Now, we can focus on getting a WR, G, or RT with that #34 pick.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. However we are not goign into the draft with a MUST HAVE position in mind now. Best case, we can draft for superior talent as apposed to pressing need. Aside from maybe RT, and depending on if they actually pull off the Jackson deal, there isnt a spot that we dont have a penciled in starter who is at least average. Last year this time we went into the draft knowing we had no choice but to get a CB, 2 safetys, and then depth. If the season started tomorrow, aside from a #2/#3 WR... cant think of a spot where we dont have at least an average starter. You could make a case for RT, but Polumbus will do in a pinch.

Yes, that would be great to be able to take BPA, regardless of position (well most positions, coach spurrier).