• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson to the Titans for Mariota & Future Picks

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers to the Cowboys for Doug Free. Just read it on twitter...
Well, first I tweeted it and then I read it, does that count???
Only if GB kicks in future picks...

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, RW is a good QB but he would soon lose all capital he has gained going to such a deer-in-the-headlights type of team. Sorry hammer, someone had to say it.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other front page National Inquirer news....

"John Wayne is Alive and Living in Bermuda"

"Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Found Frozen in Alaskan Meat Locker"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no. I actually throw out some wilds ideas about trading Wilson ( just for giggles) this isn't one of them and never would be. Mariota is a project, he may work out ...or not, but you don't trade a franchise QB on a SB contender for a project at QB.

Let the frigging draft begin, rumors are getting silly.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell no. I actually throw out some wilds ideas about trading Wilson ( just for giggles) this isn't one of them and never would be. Mariota is a project, he may work out ...or not, but you don't trade a franchise QB on a SB contender for a project at QB.

Let the frigging draft begin, rumors are getting silly.

Seahawks would be pretty stupid to trade Wilson for Mariota. No need for it. But there are rumors out there he is gone (which I don't believe for a second)

I still have a funny feeling the Eagles somehow get a deal done for him.... Even with bringing in Tebow

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks would be pretty stupid to trade Wilson for Mariota. No need for it. But there are rumors out there he is gone (which I don't believe for a second)

I still have a funny feeling the Eagles somehow get a deal done for him.... Even with bringing in Tebow
Lots of posturing going on in negotiations right now by the Seahawks, at the the end of the day they sign RW.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of posturing going on in negotiations right now by the Seahawks, at the the end of the day they sign RW.

Sorry I mean the Eagles getting Mariota, not Wilson..... As you mentioned I see them re-signing him

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As they should, he is perfect for the Seahawks system, he would be foolish to even consider other options. Your team is in good shape, he has everything to keep you guys in contention for success in the future. Great QB that could fail miserably on another team without the key players to surround him. As you well know, the system has been designed around his unbridled enthusiasm to win! No way they let him go.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pay Monkeys in bananas so the owners are on their private planes to India to get as many as they can carry. Really hard to tackle. And they gang tackle like woah.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The NFLN replayed the ESPN Elway to Marino 30 special last night and it was really interesting when Elway's agent went through his 30 year old hand written notes on all trade discussions from that year..

The Niners discussed Joe Montana and picks to Baltimore for Elway. The Chargers were in discussions even though Fouts was just a year removed from possibly the greatest season by an NFL QB in history at the time. The Raiders putting together a trade that Rozelle sunffed out because he didn't want to see Elway as a Raider. Again this is all documented first hand by Elway's agent.

Mariota's no Elway but I'm sure there's tons of crazy stuff going on behind the scenes right now. This could be a complete rumor with no basis in reality, it could be a legitimate discussion, it can also be Seattle using the offer for Mariota only as leverage to get Wilson to take hometown discount before he hits FA

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by future picks, they mean the Titans 1st rounder in 2016 and 2017 as well.....
Even then, why trade away young Russel Wilson, a better player than Mariota, just so that you can get picks in future years that may or may not pan out. It just makes no sense.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in from 95.7 sports desk......Patriots have just traded Tom Brady to the Eagles for Sanchez and Tebow and a bj from a cheerleader to be named later.
Hey dont laugh, its more probable than the Seahawkss trading Wilson for anything. Old guys really like bj's.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even then, why trade away young Russel Wilson, a better player than Mariota, just so that you can get picks in future years that may or may not pan out. It just makes no sense.

Wilson is asking to be overpaid.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can pay Monkeys in bananas so the owners are on their private planes to India to get as many as they can carry. Really hard to tackle. And they gang tackle like woah.

My head hurts a little after reading this...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in from 95.7 sports desk......Patriots have just traded Tom Brady to the Eagles for Sanchez and Tebow and a bj from a cheerleader to be named later.
Hey dont laugh, its more probable than the Seahawkss trading Wilson for anything. Old guys really like bj's.

Nice. They get bent over and then a little BJ to finish them off...
If you make it Chrissy Teigen instead of a cheerleader, Belichick may just go for it...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is asking to be overpaid.

Wilson is likely asking for quite a bit less than what he would make on the open market.

Everyone's jaws would fall to the floor if they saw the packages that would be put together by QB needy teams. Look at Oakland for instance who struggles to attract FA's so they end up wasting money overpaying average at best players just to fill out their roster year after year. If they paid Wilson $50M in each of the first 2 years of his deal and then for the next 4 pay him a reasonable amount like $25M a year, I think it is unquestionable that they would be better off moving forward. And it wouldn't be very hard for them to do either considering they are going to head into this coming season almost $30M underneath the cap anyway.

That is an extreme example that isn't very likely but teams would go ape*&#$ crazy for a young QB like Wilson on the open market.