• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson: The most overrated player in the NFL

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fun read. Russell Wilson is more important to the team than some are giving him credit for, especially since the Seahawks run offense wasn't as dominant as people like to think. The Hawks' ypc didn't even rank in the top 10 last season and was only slightly better than the Colts' (4.298 vs. 4.261). I mean, Marshawn Lynch averaged just 64 yards a game and 3.5 yards a carry the last six games of the season, and averaged less than 4 yards a carry in 9 games.

When contemplating how good a QB is, it really means how good is he at running the system he runs. Russell Wilson is very good at running Seattle's offense. So, to the point of the guy who said Seattle doesn't make the playoffs for Seattle, I'll agree to an extent. As an example, Peyton Manning is not the QB who can run the bootleg with any frequency, especially if it calls for throwing on the run (or the read option) and with the Hawks OLine, those 5 to 7 step drops would have killed him before the end of the season. But, that is assuming that the Hawks would have called plays exactly the same had they had Manning back there as they did with Wilson back there. On the flip, I don't think that Wilson is as successful as Manning running Manning's system.

So, the question is, did Russell Wilson execute the Seahawks offense better than all but a few QBs executed their offenses? I don't truly know the answer to that, because I don't watch enough of the other teams to know how they did, and stat sheets don't say how well the offense was executed. All I really know for sure is that Russell Wilson executes the Seahawks offense extremely well, and if he continues to do so, then the team will be in good shape.
Great comment!!

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avi bet? What are the stakes?
How many total games that the Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers (AFC West) win vs. how many total games the Pats, Dolphins, Jets and Bills (AFC East) win? AV of the winners choice. I'm taking the AFC West.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many total games that the Broncos, Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers (AFC West) win vs. how many total games the Pats, Dolphins, Jets and Bills (AFC East) win? AV of the winners choice. I'm taking the AFC West.

Excellent. I shall enjoy watching the season unfold and your associated smack talking. :pop2:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent. I shall enjoy watching the season unfold and your associated smack talking. :pop2:

Tough talking smack to a 90 yr old guy in a speedo. He must have found a cocoon

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he did. So did:

John Skelton
Sam Bradford
Alex Smith
Matt Stafford
Ryan Tannehill
Colin Kaepernick
Kellen Clemens
Matt Ryan

and despite all that, I'd still take Wilson over any of them to be the QB for the Seahawks.

I would freakin' hope so. Aside from Clemons and Skelton you'd have to cut defensive players to roster those guys.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough talking smack to a 90 yr old guy in a speedo. He must have found a cocoon
LOL, yeah I did find that "cocoon" and I will be looking forward to winning that AV bet. As for the speedo, I have quite a few more to display for my fans on Sportshoola. :-)

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, yeah I did find that "cocoon" and I will be looking forward to winning that AV bet. As for the speedo, I have quite a few more to display for my fans on Sportshoola. :-)

Gee I can hardly wait. When a get like 6 pics i will make a screensaver and stare at it all day at work

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee I can hardly wait. When a get like 6 pics i will make a screensaver and stare at it all day at work
You don't want to share my photos to all the "women at work", hell I will have all the women wanting to contact me. :-)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason threads like these exist is because Sherman hasn't been in the news about anything lately

SportsHoopla loves threads like these during the NFL off season, it's the only thing that generates attention

The only reason these threads go anywhere is because Seattle fans try to play defense like their team does.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason these threads go anywhere is because Seattle fans try to play defense like their team does.

The local Costco here has 5 or 6 big screens on display that run the SB on a loop.
Can't get enough of that good stuff.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the only reason these threads go anywhere, is because of the fool who started this one about Russell Wilson.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks are going to destroy your whippin' boys but then again, they'll beat up my Raiders, too. Just because Wilson played in an ideal situation doesn't mean he's overrated. It just means that he didn't have to play from behind too often but when he did, the guy was impressive.

Speaking of overrated, Eli Manning is in the all time overrated QB list and no, he's not better than Wilson.

I bet you didn't know that in 6 of 10 seasons, Eli has completed less than 60% of his passes and that's been with a typically solid receiving corp. No Tyree snag and it's no SB. Wilson is

I bet you also didn't know that Eli Manning has led the NFL in interceptions in 3 of the last 7 seasons?
20 in 2007, 25 in 2010 and 27 in 2013.

Eli isn't consistent and I don't have him ahead of Wilson. Wilson doesn't make the mistakes Eli has always made. Wilson is consistent. 63%, 64% completion. 26 tds, 26tds. 3,100 yds, 3300 yds. 100 rating, 101 rating. That is a 2 yr model of consistency and wish we had him.

WOW i didn't realize that about Eli. Damn ESPN and their east coast agenda. they told me Eli was Elite and the Giants were a great team year in and year out. And even when there not a great team they still tell me all about them. As a person who lives in South Alaska (aka Seattle) I automatically hate everything New York, in part because im jealous. I wish my team got as much pub as all their teams do. Even in a Super Bowl season some weekends the Hawks highlights wouldn't even make sports center. That is a HUGE reason why most of the Hawks fan base has a gigantic chip on their shoulders. Just like all the hawks players. Thats why this truly is a special time for the hawks and their fans. Perfect fit.

Great post my friend.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The local Costco here has 5 or 6 big screens on display that run the SB on a loop.
Can't get enough of that good stuff.
Yep, I can't get enough of looking at Peyton Manning's eyes, when the ball was snapped over his head into the end zone.