• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Okung

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bradley Sowell is scheduled to visit the Seahawks. Backup LT for the Cards. I don't think he ever played that great but we may not have a choice. He was benched in favor of Jared Valdheer but the guy is only 26 so maybe Cable can do something with him.

If that's the case and given the above Okung may be as good as gone.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Bradley Sowell is scheduled to visit the Seahawks. Backup LT for the Cards. I don't think he ever played that great but we may not have a choice. He was benched in favor of Jared Valdheer but the guy is only 26 so maybe Cable can do something with him.

If that's the case and given the above Okung may be as good as gone.
Okung may sign else where, but Sowell is not taking his place. Maybe depth, Baily is a FA.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the 49ers are in the mix also. They want him as a RT. I find that gives me some hope.

Cactus Jack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him go. I'm sure they can fill his spot for a fraction of the cost. Too injury prone for 10+m/avg.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case hopefully we snag Penn on a low cost deal.... something to plug and play until we can groom. Or we just have to bite the bullet and draft late 1st or trade up using our 3rd (UGH) and hope that OT pans out.

I thought this draft was suppose to be deep for o-line. If so, may not have to move up in the draft unless someone falls that the FO badly wants.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this draft was suppose to be deep for o-line. If so, may not have to move up in the draft unless someone falls that the FO badly wants.

I've heard the opposite actually. I personally don't pay enough attention to college ball outside of the Huskies to know anything beyond what I hear from other people, but I've heard that defensive line is the deeper of the two position groups this year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard the opposite actually. I personally don't pay enough attention to college ball outside of the Huskies to know anything beyond what I hear from other people, but I've heard that defensive line is the deeper of the two position groups this year.

You're probably right about that, I wasn't 100% sure. I used to know college football but now I just focus on Husky football the best I can.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just depends, most mocks have predicted 3 to 5 LT to be drafted ahead of the Seahawks spot, so moving up could be a consideration. Don't think they will myself, but who knows.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I heard both DL and OL are deep, but for teams needing a LT best to be able to draft earlier then later because it seems to be a position of need for a fair number of teams.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I've heard/seen the draft is EXTREMELY deep in DL/OLB/CB-S, not so much OT.

That's why it's pretty funny to see some of these teams spending ridiculous amounts on good but not elite DL this free agency.

OT/OG not so much so hopefully Seattle doesn't go into the draft with two holes (OG/LT) although as for Sweezy, whatever. Completely fine plugging in a 4th rounder there, they can't do much worse. ESPN just graded Sweezy a C and said he's a great run blocker (not even going to mention his abysmal pass pro, graded I believe the worst amongst starters according to PFF). LOL, really? Yah every once in a while he'd maul but I saw him get dominated so many times it was pretty comical.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung has an agent? Did he pick one up, like a couple of hours ago?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol when you're #4 overall and making out of the gates $10M a year... it's easy to say, "Oh yah, I'm going to totally represent myself!" Comes crunch time, "Oh umm, yah...."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he has a "guy " to help him with legal matters and such. His guy won't get paid like a agent, but like a lawyer. Least that's the way I understood it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Okung is gone but it is interesting he doesn't have a deal yet with someone.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hope:IDK I'm getting the feeling the offers he's getting are not what he had in mind. Thinking the guarantee especially are not what he was hoping for. I'm mostly basing this guess on the fact that no team came rushing to him with a offer out the gate and we are going into day 3 in a few hours.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Okung is gone but it is interesting he doesn't have a deal yet with someone.

Eh, if he's been spending his time working with Seattle... might just not have tested the market yet. Only day 3. Actually with the lack of very good OTs, probably smart he waits it out a little bit to see if someone gets desperate. Everyone significant in free agency is a RT spare Glenn who is already franchised and Beachum who is coming off an ACL and IMO is not as gifted as Okung.

Someone like the Chargers, Bears, Eagles, Jaguars, and Titans (although Chargers/Eagles are in a similar boat on cap space) who all have needs at LT could pay him good money to free up earlier selections in the draft. Tunsil was a favorite to go #1 but now Titans apparently have their eyes on Ramsey (CB/S)...

Titans/Jags/Bears have a ridiculous amount of cap space... and Titans may overpay a ton to protect Mariota. Jags same with Bortles.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, if he's been spending his time working with Seattle... might just not have tested the market yet. Only day 3. Actually with the lack of very good OTs, probably smart he waits it out a little bit to see if someone gets desperate. Everyone significant in free agency is a RT spare Glenn who is already franchised and Beachum who is coming off an ACL and IMO is not as gifted as Okung.

Someone like the Chargers, Bears, Eagles, Jaguars, and Titans (although Chargers/Eagles are in a similar boat on cap space) who all have needs at LT could pay him good money to free up earlier selections in the draft. Tunsil was a favorite to go #1 but now Titans apparently have their eyes on Ramsey (CB/S)...

Titans/Jags/Bears have a ridiculous amount of cap space... and Titans may overpay a ton to protect Mariota. Jags same with Bortles.
Unless you happen to be an NFL GM and covet Okung. If that was the case you should hit Okung with an offer and try to sign him asap because if you dont, the GM behind you will.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've heard/seen the draft is EXTREMELY deep in DL/OLB/CB-S, not so much OT.

That's why it's pretty funny to see some of these teams spending ridiculous amounts on good but not elite DL this free agency.

OT/OG not so much so hopefully Seattle doesn't go into the draft with two holes (OG/LT) although as for Sweezy, whatever. Completely fine plugging in a 4th rounder there, they can't do much worse. ESPN just graded Sweezy a C and said he's a great run blocker (not even going to mention his abysmal pass pro, graded I believe the worst amongst starters according to PFF). LOL, really? Yah every once in a while he'd maul but I saw him get dominated so many times it was pretty comical.

I'm still scratching my head at the Sweezy contract. Lots of money for an avg o-line guy but I guess that's what happens when teams are desperate. I expect the FO will have either OG/LT locked up before the draft.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just depends, most mocks have predicted 3 to 5 LT to be drafted ahead of the Seahawks spot, so moving up could be a consideration. Don't think they will myself, but who knows.

This FO always finds ways to amaze us this time of year.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically Day 3 are players with flaws,

LT not signed yet, Beachum coming off ACL and Penn who's 34 and has had a up and down career, and Okung. If I'm Okung I'd be a bit worried that he's still hanging with this group, Seahawks were smart to make a strong offer to him before the opening of free agency. Perhaps at the time Okung wasn't impressed with the $, because lord knows player always think they are worth more...way more. Now lets see what kind of offers he gets