• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumour - it's the Ostrich

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jim Trotter reports on Twitter.

BREAKING: Jim Harbaugh has informed Alex Smith that Colin Kaepernick will start Sunday, per source. Said decision not based on health.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. I didn't want to get upset if the Alex led offense went 3 and out on their first possession... and then get haunted by the dreaded... "what if CK started"

Plus, with what he showed Monday... you just have to explore this avenue.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after what kap showed, this is the right move

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a good choice and expected. It gives Alex a chance to get fully cleared of the concussion while giving the team a chance to see how Kaep handles a road game against a team that will try to confuse and pressure him.

The only downside is we might end up throwing this game away, but even with Alex it's not a game we would be heavy favorites in.

The starter going into the playoffs should be clear after Sunday.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed by multiple sites now.

I'm interested in how Kaep deals with in game decisions. Clock management and silent counts, things he didn't have to bother with vs the bears.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Confirmed by multiple sites now.

I'm interested in how Kaep deals with in game decisions. Clock management and silent counts, things he didn't have to bother with vs the bears.

To clarify, I believe all the sites confirming it are basing their report off Trotter's tweet.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To clarify, I believe all the sites confirming it are basing their report off Trotter's tweet.

Good point. We could be all spreading the same story.

Is there any advantages announcing publicly top who the starter is vs keeping the defense guessing?

Cutting down all the distraction QB controversy talk may be the only one I can think of

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Weird. Just as I read the quote it came across the crawl on ESPN

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gone viral - being confirmed by Barrows on tweet

Matt Barrows‏@mattbarrows

I have no doubt that @SI_JimTrotter's report that Kaepernick will start Sunday is correct. Remember, Alex Smith still not cleared to play.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next we'll see a tweet from harbaugh saying 'gobble gobble turkey'

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:( I don't like it, but i hope CK is the guy who we are hoping for. As a 9er fan i am rooting for him. I just don't think it's the right choice as it stands.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the right move. If you start smith and the team loses in the NFC title game again then what? Keep starting him next year? That would be a tougher predicament than we're in now. Plus kaep would get no experience under his belt. Smith has had his time. Time to move on.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Matthew Berry on Twitter. No idea of the validity.

@MatthewBerryTMR: MT @tunasweasel Alex Smith just told @TDESPN that Harbaugh told him Kaep would get 1st team reps but door open to start gm based on practice

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Follow up Berry tweet

@MatthewBerryTMR: By the way, that's exactly what I would tell Alex Smith too. And then I'd start Colin K.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:( I don't like it, but i hope CK is the guy who we are hoping for. As a 9er fan i am rooting for him. I just don't think it's the right choice as it stands.

The safe bet is to go with Alex, because we know he can be pretty good under Harbaugh and Roman's guidance. I mean, when Alex is on under them... he is amazing... the problem is that he isn't willing to take any risks. The missteps of the 49ers previous coaching staffs have handicapped Alex... he'll never pull the trigger on a tough throw because of the "We want Carr" chants... and that limits the offense. He'll take the sack and punt it... not good.

CK doesn't have that 600 lb gorilla hanging over him, and we saw that Monday night when he zipped it to VD through triple coverage for an 18 yard gain on 3rd and 19?? was it?? Thats something Alex can't do as effortlessly because his arm strength isn't as strong... and on top of that he won't do because he knows that there is zero tolerance from 49ers fans for his interceptions.... triple coverage leads to INTs.

Little things like that, it just makes me lean towards CK. He has the arm and confidence to make those throws... where Smith on his best has the arm, but he doesn't have the confidence.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. While I would go with Smith for the playoffs if he is healthy, the niners can say its for precautionary reasons and if Kaepernick does not play well they can go back to Smith the following week. But if Kaepernick plays fantastic then the real QB controversy will start. I think as of now that Alex is the better option for the rest of this season, but Kaepernick is the better QB potentially.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The safe bet is to go with Alex, because we know he can be pretty good under Harbaugh and Roman's guidance. I mean, when Alex is on under them... he is amazing... the problem is that he isn't willing to take any risks. The missteps of the 49ers previous coaching staffs have handicapped Alex... he'll never pull the trigger on a tough throw because of the "We want Carr" chants... and that limits the offense. He'll take the sack and punt it... not good.

CK doesn't have that 600 lb gorilla hanging over him, and we saw that Monday night when he zipped it to VD through triple coverage for an 18 yard gain on 3rd and 19?? was it?? Thats something Alex can't do as effortlessly because his arm strength isn't as strong... and on top of that he won't do because he knows that there is zero tolerance from 49ers fans for his interceptions.... triple coverage leads to INTs.

Little things like that, it just makes me lean towards CK. He has the arm and confidence to make those throws... where Smith on his best has the arm, but he doesn't have the confidence.

I know I've said this already, but the Bears had very little film on CK throwing the football. That along with the great OL protection, play calling, and the Bear's Defense simply not playing at their highest level all contributed to the Monday Night game as well.

It's not like Alex can't throw the deep ball because he can. I just worry ab out the decision making of CK. I hope CK is as good as most people believe because i absolutely hope he is. I just have my doubt until he can prove it on a consistent basis. We will find out. Luckily the Saints Defense sucks.