• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumored FA Targets

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it so we resign Allen who has been decent and then Payne in 2 years? So we are supposed to plan 2 years into the future?

Allen grades out as about average. Payne is above average obviously. I am fine with that but once again, you and others are failing to realize that its the offense that has been the problem. Keep in mind we keep throwing 1st round picks at the DLine. We literally have no starting LT or TE. Are we to earmark 50 million for Allen and Payne and a few other players that we draft.

Again, just because we draft a player doesn't magically make them good and worth resigning. Nobody is talking about Larry, Curly and Moe. We are talking about finding starters on the worst team in the NFL.

The whole "keep our own" is not making any sense. There is a reason why this team hasn't won a playoff game in almost 20 years.

I don't fail to realize anything. I don't agree with your thinking or your chicken little the sky is falling bit. Give this coaching staff a chance. Neither you or I have been hired by any team to be a personnel guy and we aren't going to be. The idea that you know more than RR or KS is ludicrous, same goes to me. We'll have to agree to disagree.

BTW I won't facepalm you. I'll laugh instead. :D Now tell us about your sources at Extreme Skings again. :scratch:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, let's talk about the culture and narrative changes that this organization seeks.

We begin with acknowledging that there are some things that are never going to change with respect to perspective. Note that nothing is 100% so the following references apply to where it does.

1. True or not Snyder is and will always be problematic as the owner.

2. True or not, it's already baked into public perception that the name of this team is problematic.

3. True or not the "Washington" location tag is tied to dysfunction in the nation's capital because it's regularly used to describe the machinations on Capitol hill.

4. Finally, there are the natural levels of dislike/hatred because our team is a member of the NFL East and bigger picture, the league itself.

Ok, these are the built-in ones, up next internals that CAN be changed. (New post)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's wait and see what Payne does when he doesn't have to play nose and what Allen can do kicked inside with Sweat and Young on the edge. I dont disagree with all of what you said duke, but dont be so quick to judge Allen and Payne who were playing out of position and had Manusky for a D coordinator.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we list the internals that can be changed and we begin with...

1.Losing, losing, losing, losing,and losing some more. It's the one consistent thing that this organization has done in the Snyder era. The fix? Winning and doing so more often than there are losses.

2. Having no identifying trait that marks the team. Be honest, this team year in and year out simply play football, often poorly, but when teams see us on their schedules, there are probably less than zero times when that opposition anticipates a (fill-in the blank, but not easy) game because of the character of the team. The fix??

3. Looking at the moves made thus far it looks like the Ron Rivera era is going to begin and be noted for one thing... TOUGHNESS! They may not win right away but I believe that the goal is having teams dred having to come play here and feel worse after doing battle with our guys. When was the last time that any of you identified the team in this manner?

4. A destination for players to consider. Yes that comes with winning but let's not discount having real football people in place who not only run a professional organization but also is noted for treating their players well within the football business model creating stability on and off of the field.

That's it! There's the culture and narrative changes that are necessary here. Add-ons are welcome if you have them.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL's worst team has the oldest LBer and oldest RB - I'm sure they're good guys, but that's depressing.
Dude it’s a stop gap

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude it’s a stop gap
A stop gap to what? You have to have something on the other end of the stop gap for it to be a stop gap. This is reminding me of the classic song by the Talking Heads - "We're on a road to nowhere".
No more late 30's players please. Late 30's singers are fine; late 30's players on a rebuilding team... not so much.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sitting here listening to Keim right now and he is saying this is Rivera's MO. He wanted Cooper, they didn't get him. With Carolina he was more of a 2nd wave FA guy. I never researched this because I am not a big FA guy. My belief is get all the young talent you can get because those are the guys who are going to play their ass off to get that big contract.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't fail to realize anything. I don't agree with your thinking or your chicken little the sky is falling bit. Give this coaching staff a chance. Neither you or I have been hired by any team to be a personnel guy and we aren't going to be. The idea that you know more than RR or KS is ludicrous, same goes to me. We'll have to agree to disagree.

I hate the fact that we have this on the books. He is never going to play again. I wish we could have an injury settlement. I feel bad for the guy to be honest.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the fact that we have this on the books. He is never going to play again. I wish we could have an injury settlement. I feel bad for the guy to be honest.
Well thank Brucifer for that and understand I was right about the trade

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.