• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumored FA Targets

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that what the Skins meant by "wait and see." If he gets cut things could get interesting. If Rivera wants Cam, it will turn into Dan's first post Rivera hire test. Does he sign off on that with his pet project Haskins on the roster.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Skins lose TW, Penn is a fine replacement in the short term. The man can still pass protect with some of the best of them.

He graded out as average and I saw him give up too much ground last year. He was once a very good LT. However, he is not the type of player you have protecting a franchise QB going into his second year. He had quite a few penalties as well.

I don't mind him for depth but we just signed a swing tackle. I am sure there are better options out there but there might not be. I am not sure anyone knows what the FO plan for the offense is.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Clowney will consider the Skins unless they ridiculously over-pay. He's already asking for $20 mil a year even though he's averaged 6 sacks a year and probably 10 penalties a year. He does get a lot of pressures, but there's just not enough productivity there. Pass. I'm guessing the Giants get him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks buddy.

Not sure we go with any of those. It seems like the play is to put all the eggs in the draft basket and wait until next year to attack FA. I read that we have over 100K in cap space. Maybe we are going to wait and resign our productive players and add any players we like next year and continue to build the base with next years draft. I am sure we are going to have a high draft pick again.

I still see some starters out there and each day that goes by, they can be had for less I would think.

Randall = FS
Ryan = CB
Anderson = WR
Ebron = TE

Washington Redskins Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks buddy.

Not sure we go with any of those. It seems like the play is to put all the eggs in the draft basket and wait until next year to attack FA. I read that we have over 100K in cap space. Maybe we are going to wait and resign our productive players and add any players we like next year and continue to build the base with next years draft. I am sure we are going to have a high draft pick again.

I still see some starters out there and each day that goes by, they can be had for less I would think.

Randall = FS
Ryan = CB
Anderson = WR
Ebron = TE

Washington Redskins Salary Cap Calculator | Over The Cap

Maybe they are out there wanting more money and waiting until after the draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebron 2 yrs 12 mil with steelers . that may have been a price we could have afforded

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ebron 2 yrs 12 mil with steelers . that may have been a price we could have afforded

I read that RR didn't want to pay that. It appears we are going into the draft to address TE.

My problem is that Kyle was clear that we would NOT fill needs in the draft and that FA was for. It appears that they might be having to adjust their plans as this is in contradiction to what Kyle has said. We simply cannot go into next season with the group of back up TEs right now. A trade can always be in the words but Ebron was the last note worthy FA.

I am almost thinking that Cooper not signing here might have thrown off the plan they had in place. I believe Ed Werner even said it was 23 million a year. That is insane and I have no clue why we would have done that.

I like building through the draft but I think our FA is putting our draft in a bad spot as we will have to draft for need at some point after Young. We might dedicate the rest of the draft to the offense, who knows. I am fine being conservative this year with FA as LONG as we can protect Haskins and give him a chance to grow. We can all admit that this is not happening at this point.

I always thought Jay was screwing Haskins but at this point, RR is doing the same wither he is meaning to or not. I like Harmon and Sims but we need another WR to strech the field and a TE to throw to or we are going to be a disaster again. A TE is a young QBs best friend and we do not have one at this time. Same goes for protecting Haskins. Either we believe in him and will give him the tools to do his job, or we do not. Most of our cap room has gone to the defense and it appears that #2 is going to defense as well. RR is a defensive guy and it appears that he will build around defense. The problem is that we had the worst offense in the league and we appear to be putting it on the back burner.

I still believe and nothing has shown me otherwise, teams are most succesful when a GM builds the team and the coach coaches the team. I like RR but keep in mind, he helped build the roster that our team beat up on last year on our way to 3-13. RR has his fair share of weaknesses. I am not the biggest fan of always "trusting the process". NY Knicks fans have done that for years. We are becoming the Knicks of the NFL.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that RR didn't want to pay that. It appears we are going into the draft to address TE.

My problem is that Kyle was clear that we would NOT fill needs in the draft and that FA was for. It appears that they might be having to adjust their plans as this is in contradiction to what Kyle has said. We simply cannot go into next season with the group of back up TEs right now. A trade can always be in the words but Ebron was the last note worthy FA.

I am almost thinking that Cooper not signing here might have thrown off the plan they had in place. I believe Ed Werner even said it was 23 million a year. That is insane and I have no clue why we would have done that.

I like building through the draft but I think our FA is putting our draft in a bad spot as we will have to draft for need at some point after Young. We might dedicate the rest of the draft to the offense, who knows. I am fine being conservative this year with FA as LONG as we can protect Haskins and give him a chance to grow. We can all admit that this is not happening at this point.

I always thought Jay was screwing Haskins but at this point, RR is doing the same wither he is meaning to or not. I like Harmon and Sims but we need another WR to strech the field and a TE to throw to or we are going to be a disaster again. A TE is a young QBs best friend and we do not have one at this time. Same goes for protecting Haskins. Either we believe in him and will give him the tools to do his job, or we do not. Most of our cap room has gone to the defense and it appears that #2 is going to defense as well. RR is a defensive guy and it appears that he will build around defense. The problem is that we had the worst offense in the league and we appear to be putting it on the back burner.

I still believe and nothing has shown me otherwise, teams are most succesful when a GM builds the team and the coach coaches the team. I like RR but keep in mind, he helped build the roster that our team beat up on last year on our way to 3-13. RR has his fair share of weaknesses. I am not the biggest fan of always "trusting the process". NY Knicks fans have done that for years. We are becoming the Knicks of the NFL.

I agree we should have got Ebron. He was on my list and is getting paid 2 million less than I expected.

I don’t believe Cooper was offered that unless the terms were just not really that 23 million.

Not having a great TE is no big deal. They are glorified WRs, unless they are like Gronk who was also a great blocker.

We have McLaurin and Sanders to stretch the field. Sims is our slot. Harmon is our big body. Not every player on the team can be all-world. Haskins has a ton of weapons and that doesn’t even mention backs.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might just draft Kmet in the 3rd and bring Jordan back on a one year deal with a bunch of incentives for games played.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes on Funchess!! Whitehead just signed with the Panthers.

Per Grant Paulson, we are done with free agency and moving on to the draft.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Grant Paulson is a source. Like you, like me … he has an opinion.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Grant, he's a great listen, but JP, Keim and lately Julie Donaldson are my go to's.