• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumored FA Targets

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if they are tanking or not. The "plan" could very well be to stockpile cap and then address needs in 2021.

What we do know if that this is Smiths and RR first attempt at running free agency. To me, I would have locked down starters THEN gone after depth and TC bodies but it appears they believe in the opposite. With FA being over for the most part, it appears we are going into the draft with the following needs:

Starting LT
Starting # 1 CB
Starting FS
Starting TE
Starting #2 WR

I think we can get a CB in FA still and it remains to be seen if Davis is a starter or not. I was not impressed with the film and Steeler beat writer's right ups. Davis seems like a solid back up and ST ace but perhaps he is viewed as a starter by RR.

Trades are always an option for any of those positions as well. I am not a fan of trading draft picks unless we have to do so.

The approach to FA has been confusing obviously and there are a few posters who disagree and "wait and see". That is fine but it certainly appears that the plan is to roll with increased depth and look to the draft to get starters at this point.
It seems to me they attempted this but were outbid and decided not to have huge overpays .

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me they attempted this but were outbid and decided not to have huge overpays .

It depends...for LB, Paulsen said his sources said we never even went after any of the top LBs. Another source said we never went after Roby Anderson as well.

I don't think we are continually turned down except in the case of Cooper, I believe Smith and RR have not put a high value on most of these FAs that are signing. As I have said a million times, this is both their first time at going through a FA. You can wait and see and thats fine. I have seen enough for this year and hopefully they learned something and will go into 2021 with a better approach.

We need a GM to run this organization, not a coach.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if they are tanking or not. The "plan" could very well be to stockpile cap and then address needs in 2021.

What we do know if that this is Smiths and RR first attempt at running free agency. To me, I would have locked down starters THEN gone after depth and TC bodies but it appears they believe in the opposite. With FA being over for the most part, it appears we are going into the draft with the following needs:

Starting LT
Starting # 1 CB
Starting FS
Starting TE
Starting #2 WR

I think we can get a CB in FA still and it remains to be seen if Davis is a starter or not. I was not impressed with the film and Steeler beat writer's right ups. Davis seems like a solid back up and ST ace but perhaps he is viewed as a starter by RR.

Trades are always an option for any of those positions as well. I am not a fan of trading draft picks unless we have to do so.

The approach to FA has been confusing obviously and there are a few posters who disagree and "wait and see". That is fine but it certainly appears that the plan is to roll with increased depth and look to the draft to get starters at this point.

Incorrect.

The Redskins signed two TE’s. One of them is the Starter with Sprinkle still available. Richard Rodgers was a good starter on Green Bay, with Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball.

The Steelers safety might be the starter. He was a starter, and had the reputation as an inconsistent playmaker. He’s the starter right now, though Fuller, Johnson, and maybe other cb’s might be a rotational starter in the backfield.

Harmon is the #2 Wr right now. He’s a good wr right now, and MIGHT grade out as a #2. Obviously the Redskins were happier with their wr’s then their selection of rb’s considering the free agent signees.

The starting LT might already be on the roster. Maybe the new guy is the starter. Maybe Moses is moved over. Eho knows. They have a lot of options already i. House, with none of them nearly as good as TW.
They clearly dont want Donald Penn back yet.

It is smart, at this point in free agency, to wait for the price to drop on people before sipping into the cap.

This is what a well managed team looks like: they know who they are (currently a bottom feeder), and they know what they need to do to take the next step (sign more professionals with no baggage).

It is only you who sees the doom and gloom in every single move.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends...for LB, Paulsen said his sources said we never even went after any of the top LBs. Another source said we never went after Roby Anderson as well.

I don't think we are continually turned down except in the case of Cooper, I believe Smith and RR have not put a high value on most of these FAs that are signing. As I have said a million times, this is both their first time at going through a FA. You can wait and see and thats fine. I have seen enough for this year and hopefully they learned something and will go into 2021 with a better approach.

Again your mythical one year turn around would never happen . Yes we have been outbid and turned down and I give less then a damn about what Paulsen has to say . His career is a testimony to poor reporting and speculation passed off as fact

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Starting LT
Starting # 1 CB
Starting FS
Starting TE
Starting #2 WR

Being familiar with your perspective, let me ask... is it possible that where you see fodder, they see a starter? ( rhyme intended )

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blowing through most of your cap on overpaid, overpriced free agents hasn’t, doesn’t, and won’t EVER turn a terrible team around in one season.

Even if they signed Brady, Cooper, Hooper, Clowney, Byran Jones, and anybody else they STILL would suck.

They’d have no OL, they’d STILL have no mlbs, no FS, suspect CB’s and a suspect running game.

As a bonus, they’d be out of cash, AND we’d all have to read approximately 18473829263637 stories about how insufferable Tom Brady is and his bullshit avocado ice cream.

Fuck that nonsense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We absolutely do need a GM. I have to admit that following all of the years of wishing Bruce Allen gone and a new Gm hired, I am very disappointed that one wasn't hired in the shakeup.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We absolutely do need a GM. I have to admit that following all of the years of wishing Bruce Allen gone and a new Gm hired, I am very disappointed that one wasn't hired in the shakeup.
I think smith is getting the tryout

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins have talked with Jason Peters, but nothing appears imminent. Skins have had no contact with Breeland.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whole lot of "JAGs" being signed by this regime.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Intangibles and effort are best attributes." …. something we have not had enough on this football team. Too many Trent's and Quinton's.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20200327_180936.jpg

If they can pull this off and grab Logan Ryan, I'd say we're good going into the draft. Just gotta flip Trent for a 2and so we can grab a LT.