• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rules Question?

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought players could not commit charges within the half circle near each team's basket. Am I wrong on this? The reason why I asking this is because the refs in last night's heat game seemed to ignore the half circle under the rim during the game.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on were the play starts if I remember correctly. If you dribble into the restricted zone and then run someone over you can be called for a charge.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the 2 relevant provisions.

A defensive player is permitted to establish a legal guarding position in the path of a dribbler regardless of his speed and distance.

A defensive player is permitted to establish a legal guarding position in the path of an offensive player who receives a pass inside the lower defensive box regardless of his speed and distance.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The charge circle only applies if you're a secondary defender.

An offensive foul should never be called if the contact is with a secondary defensive player who has established a defensive position within a designated "restricted area" near the basket for the purpose of drawing an offensive foul.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A defensive player may step into the restricted zone only if he is defending a player, is my understanding, so player a drives to the basket, then player b steps in front of him to block him and gets knocked down, it will depend on if the defender is moving or not. If he has stopped moving then it's a charge on the driver, but if the defender is moving, then the defender gets a blocking foul. Atleast that's the way I have always understood it. Derek Fisher over the years has been known to sacrifice his body to get those type of charging fouls