• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royal Rumble

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the past decade plus wwe fans have been tired of Cena...so what does wwe do? Creates Roman Reigns. The second coming of Cena, and a guy who is NOT ready for the top spot, but has been pushed down our throats as "such an awesome guy, come on people roman reigns is bad ass!!"

What philly did was speak the minds of all the frustrated wwe fans over the past 15 years...

This product has taken a major hit since Bryan went out with injury and they are continuing to tank.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lesnar re-ups with a new contract, they might want to consider letting him win at WM. I'd actually prefer that at this point over Reigns winning and, at this point, it might be more shocking than him beating Undertaker!

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a champ who is there every week over a champ who doesn't fight for months at a time and only shows up once a month or so. I'd rather Cena be champ again than Lesnar keep it.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they clearly want to take the belt to a prize fighting status. I think it works with Brock wrestling every few months, especially when he just decimates two guys with a broken rib. We will still have to see if HHH is gonna dick reigns over like they did Bryan in the weeks leading to wrestlemania. Right now I could see letting Reigns do house shows and stay off TV for a while so his moves dont look so repeated.

Brock was pretty bad when he was working with Reigns. He was gonna do a series of belly to back suplexes on Cena and stood and had to wait for Rollins to hit the superkick. Thats really what makes brock look bad. He needs to go in goldberg like and decimate in minutes and walk away. They fucked Goldberg up when he had to go for 20 minute matches too.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they clearly want to take the belt to a prize fighting status. I think it works with Brock wrestling every few months, especially when he just decimates two guys with a broken rib. We will still have to see if HHH is gonna dick reigns over like they did Bryan in the weeks leading to wrestlemania. Right now I could see letting Reigns do house shows and stay off TV for a while so his moves dont look so repeated.

Brock was pretty bad when he was working with Reigns. He was gonna do a series of belly to back suplexes on Cena and stood and had to wait for Rollins to hit the superkick. Thats really what makes brock look bad. He needs to go in goldberg like and decimate in minutes and walk away. They fucked Goldberg up when he had to go for 20 minute matches too.

That just means Lesnar isn't a very good wrestler if he can't have big, long matches. Not everything can be over in 5 minutes.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect to see Batista in a WWE ring for a long long time. His acting career has really taken off and he just doesn't have the time to wrestle even if he wants to. Like the Rock when his acting career first took off.

Yeah my 5 yr old is getting into wrestling and he doesnt know bautista but he knows drax

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think people just like to hate the faces on here. Bryan and ziggler are the only ones i hear that people like.

I heard the booing when reigns came out at RR. But i want to see how the crowd reacts somewhere different then philly. They booed santa.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think people just like to hate the faces on here. Bryan and ziggler are the only ones i hear that people like.

I heard the booing when reigns came out at RR. But i want to see how the crowd reacts somewhere different then philly. They booed santa.

#CanceltheNetwork and/or something simular was trending on Twitter for like 24 hours after the Rumble. That had to be more than Philly fans and a clear indication of the WWE fans' disapproval of the WWE's booking of the match (early exits of Bryan and Ziggler among other faces such as MizDow & Ambrose) from the Rumble match. They were booing cause WWE's booking of the match made it pretty clear he would win when he came out. If other possibilities were still in the match there wouldn't have been boos or at least no where near as many. Had nothing to do with hating faces.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
#CanceltheNetwork and/or something simular was trending on Twitter for like 24 hours after the Rumble. That had to be more than Philly fans and a clear indication of the WWE fans' disapproval of the WWE's booking of the match (early exits of Bryan and Ziggler among other faces such as MizDow & Ambrose) from the Rumble match. They were booing cause WWE's booking of the match made it pretty clear he would win when he came out. If other possibilities were still in the match there wouldn't have been boos or at least no where near as many. Had nothing to do with hating faces.

Had Bryan stayed in until the end the heat would have been insane when he was eliminated. Maybe fans storming the ring..

I don't think there was a way to book Reigns winning (especially in Philly) without an insane backlash.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they booed reigns when he first entered. Ziggler hadnt even entered yet. If people knew he would win just because we thought so or because he was in it is the storylines that lead up and how predictable wrestling has become. Should he just not had entered? They booed him when he first came out. I think since people love bryan they are hating on reigns. Sort of like when rock beefed with cena. People didnt care for cena before but once the rock beef started, the hate for cena flew thru the roof. Thats one reason i was actually rooting for cena to beat the rock. I honestly thought the rock was gonna lose then shake cenas hand and make the crowd give cena the luv. Sort of a passing of the torch. The same way when rock beefed with hogan. Alot of fans jumped off rocks boat on to the hogan boat. People were either team hogan or team rock. Rock won and hogan shook his hand and passed his fans to the rock. Passing the torch. And i believe that was hogans last big match on WWE.

I was referring to people on here hating faces. Ive been to a few RAW's here in chicago and outside of rooting for cm punk the crowd was always for the faces. Even cena except for the time he slammed the rock from behind the week before WM. I was at that one.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Bryan stayed in until the end the heat would have been insane when he was eliminated. Maybe fans storming the ring..

I don't think there was a way to book Reigns winning (especially in Philly) without an insane backlash.

I think they just messed up having reigns and 2 heels left. Shouldve been kane bryan reigns and ambrose left. Then people wouldve been on the edge of their seats. Maybe have them have ambrose knock bryan out and while reigns and ambrose go to team up on kane reigns ends up putting them both over. Having to eliminate his old friend. Then they couldve had bryan and ambrose fight at WM.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they just messed up having reigns and 2 heels left. Shouldve been kane bryan reigns and ambrose left. Then people wouldve been on the edge of their seats. Maybe have them have ambrose knock bryan out and while reigns and ambrose go to team up on kane reigns ends up putting them both over. Having to eliminate his old friend. Then they couldve had bryan and ambrose fight at WM.

Actually 3 heels. Rusev was on the floor and still in the match.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they booed reigns when he first entered. Ziggler hadnt even entered yet. If people knew he would win just because we thought so or because he was in it is the storylines that lead up and how predictable wrestling has become. Should he just not had entered? They booed him when he first came out. I think since people love bryan they are hating on reigns. Sort of like when rock beefed with cena. People didnt care for cena before but once the rock beef started, the hate for cena flew thru the roof. Thats one reason i was actually rooting for cena to beat the rock. I honestly thought the rock was gonna lose then shake cenas hand and make the crowd give cena the luv. Sort of a passing of the torch. The same way when rock beefed with hogan. Alot of fans jumped off rocks boat on to the hogan boat. People were either team hogan or team rock. Rock won and hogan shook his hand and passed his fans to the rock. Passing the torch. And i believe that was hogans last big match on WWE.

I was referring to people on here hating faces. Ive been to a few RAW's here in chicago and outside of rooting for cm punk the crowd was always for the faces. Even cena except for the time he slammed the rock from behind the week before WM. I was at that one.

What can I say. The WWE booking/creative... i.e...Vince K McMahon...is very bad and predictable. And cause of the bad booking, Ziggler had no chance to win the Rumble and the fans knew it. Bryan is who they wanted to win and when he was eliminated, the whole crowd turned on the match.

What's worse is this pretty much happened last year with Batista. VKM just never learns.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see HHH just book himself champ. Why the Hell not.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see HHH just book himself champ. Why the Hell not.

Cause HHH isn't in charge of Creative, yet. Vince still is and would have to approve HHH winning the title. Not that Vince wouldn't approve but HHH just can't book it himself.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you can't troll a fan base more than to make trips champ...and do it when they're in Chicago.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you can't troll a fan base more than to make trips champ...and do it when they're in Chicago.

True! But WWE has stock holders and subscribers to answer to now. Trolling your fan base is not a wise move in any way shape or form. Not that WWE doesn't make some dumb moves sometimes.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ambrose gets a lot of love everywhere as a face, as does Jericho in his sporadic appearances, and CM Punk as both a face/heel got positive reactions from fans.

I think it's more that many fans nowadays appreciate guys that can wrestling moreso than 20-30 years ago. The guys listed above all can put on good matches, and it seems like many fans appreciate that, whereas heels like the Miz, Big Show, Kane, Luke Harper (guys not known for putting on good matches) don't get any love from fans, so it can't be as simple as "fans love to cheer heels."

Last edited by a moderator:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ihave to disagree with the first part. Even though Miz is a heel, Mizdow is a face and is one of the favorites among superstars.

Ambrose is getting a lot of praise from the fans. Ryback is dull as a face and is much better at being a heel. The crowd likes Rowen as well.

Also, I think Reigns is one of those that is better as the muscle of something. I think he was amazing as the muscle of The Shield. He only needed to talk very seldom and short. I think him and Ambrose should get together as a tag team. I would love to see what they do vs Miz and Mizdow. I also think their matches with the Usos will be great.