• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royal Rumble

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go on Twitter, #RoyalRumbleIn5Words is pretty amusing. The "universe" isn't happy

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get all the hate for reigns. Hes not that bad.

And then everyone thinks rollins is so great on the mic. Me and my wife laugh at him every week trying so hard when he talks. He seems forced to me. Plus he messes up once n awhile. In fact didnt he just mess up on RAW when talking to cena. Something like tucking his legs in between his legs. And cena saved him and made a joke about it. I like ambrose too but his acting is bad also.

I agree. Big fuck up with no sting. Maybe tomorrow. Whats the holdup? Sting out of shape? Needs practice? Business?

But either way to each his own. I for one was happy reigns won. But i agree they shouldnt had had him in there with 2 heels after lesnar already won. Shouldve been ambrose reigns bray and big show.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I dont get all the hate for reigns. Hes not that bad.

And then everyone thinks rollins is so great on the mic. Me and my wife laugh at him every week trying so hard when he talks. He seems forced to me. Plus he messes up once n awhile. In fact didnt he just mess up on RAW when talking to cena. Something like tucking his legs in between his legs. And cena saved him and made a joke about it. I like ambrose too but his acting is bad also.

I agree. Big fuck up with no sting. Maybe tomorrow. Whats the holdup? Sting out of shape? Needs practice? Business?

But either way to each his own. I for one was happy reigns won. But i agree they shouldnt had had him in there with 2 heels after lesnar already won. Shouldve been ambrose reigns bray and big show.

I wouldn't say Rollins is great on the mic, but he's improved over the last 6 months to the point where I'd say he's good. He slipped up on some words last Monday but he doesn't look out of place in 15 minute talking segments to begin the show. He plays his smarmy heel role really well. The trump card is that bell to bell he might be the best performer on the roster. He's basically the heel version of Daniel Bryan.. decent talker, generates the right crowd reaction, incredible in-ring work.

Nothing against Reigns but he doesn't bring that kind of skillset to the table. He's an athlete, he has a type of charisma and (as sad as it is that this is important) moviestar looks for the female fanbase. I get why he's their blue chip prospect over the long term. But giving him a WM main event match with Lesnar this soon just shows how stubborn Vince and Triple H are about their pet project. Everyone has seen this scenario in play for months. There's going to be a backlash against him. Not on the level of Batista, but it's not the starmaking moment it could have been if they waited a year.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Mistaken in how they messed up the Shield. Maybe they can still salvage it? Heyman turns on Lesnar at WM, Reigns goes Heel and becomes a Heyman guy?

Disagree about Rollins on the mic. He did screw up talking trash to Cena there, but the guy is on the mic constantly...arguably more than any other actual wrestler. He's bound to flub it once in a while. Reigns doesn't screw up the words, he's just awful. Rollins sounds whiny and annoying but that is okay for a heel.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Since I complained like everyone else on the internet right now, I'll give my personal solution..

Bring back the Raw/Smackdown brand split. Everyone knows it's the same company, but try to manufacture legitimate competition between them. Let's see how they do in the ratings

Raw can stay the "A show." Kevin Dunn and Vince McMahon run production and creative.They keep all of the old guard wrestlers.. Cena's their big draw. They can also get Randy Orton, Sheamus, Big Show, Reigns, Kane, Rusev on their roster. Add a couple of athletic workers to keep the match quality watchable They keep all the legend returns to pop a rating- Lesnar, Sting, Undertaker.

Samckdown is the "B show." Let Triple H and NXT's head writer run production and creative. Bryan is the brand's big draw. They also get Rollins, Ziggler, Ambrose, Wyatt, Cesaro and Ryback on their roster. Make the show focus more on in ring wrestling and traditional storylines.

I'd love to see the ratings of those shows in 6 months. It can also help solve the debate whether a guy like Ziggler caters to a niche "smark" audience or if he was booked like a Main Event talent he can get it done.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very predictable matches. Cena and Rollins are already done since they are doing the same moves each time. Brock playing possum or actually hurt I dont know, Rollins was short on that leap. They are blowing the Miz and Mizdow window too. So many chances for Mizdow to turn on miz, I was expecting Mizdow to eliminate Miz then fly over the top rope himself.

Glad Bryan was out early. He is not gonna be able to be what you guys all seem to want anymore.

Biggest disappointment, I could count the beauty marks on Miz watching my first time in HD, but Lana only makes it to the stage and we never get a good look at her. Also disappointed that as predicted, Cena will be next with Rusev, I wanted Fandango, I thought he would get to Lana

Otherwise, we knew Brock would retain, we knew the bellas would win, we knew reigns would win, one word was predictable. They even let Wyatt be the beast to decimate all instead of allowing that to be kane or ryback. Thought realigning the Wyatts would have been a good move.

Only question today is will Brock have his ribs taped and how many times will Cena get beat down by Rusev before he beats him. They scraped the bottom of the barrel for the rumble, where was Randy Orton?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Heyman walked in on HHH and SSS it also kinda made me mad that he suggested Lesnar take care of Sting for him. So Brock might drop the belt before wrestlemania.

I would still rather see HHH instead of Brock vs Sting, but if they do it triple threat style again, I dont doublt LEsnar is leaving and HHH gets beat down.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it so soon for reigns? Hasnt he been around for a few yrs now? I bet hes wrestled more matches than lesnar.

Seems like everyone in here just likes heels. Guess im different because i just dont see rollins good on the mic. Saying hes a heel and it makes it ok stumps me. He just tries to hard to talk like the bad guy. Out of the 3 shield guys, he was the last i thought would be a big time heel. I thought ambrose wouldve been a better heel but i guess hes gonna be a new version of stone cold. Not really a face. Not really a heel. Just a bad ass.

I agree about cena. I like him for what hes done for the WWE. Root for him. But his matches are boring. He always gets his ass kicked the whole fight. Then either wins or gets cheated. I record raw alot because the matched get so boring and predictable. I guess i like watching the soap opera part of it. I always fast forward every fight halfway. The last 4-5 mins is all that matters.

Man i miss the days of WCW nitro.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and alecia fox is still my favorite. Pound fer pound the best diva. But she never gets a push since shes so good at losing. Shes like mick foley. She nails her moves when shes getting beat down.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and alecia fox is still my favorite. Pound fer pound the best diva. But she never gets a push since shes so good at losing. Shes like mick foley. She nails her moves when shes getting beat down.

I'm a big Alicia Fox fan also.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it so soon for reigns? Hasnt he been around for a few yrs now? I bet hes wrestled more matches than lesnar.

Seems like everyone in here just likes heels. Guess im different because i just dont see rollins good on the mic. Saying hes a heel and it makes it ok stumps me. He just tries to hard to talk like the bad guy. Out of the 3 shield guys, he was the last i thought would be a big time heel. I thought ambrose wouldve been a better heel but i guess hes gonna be a new version of stone cold. Not really a face. Not really a heel. Just a bad ass.

I agree about cena. I like him for what hes done for the WWE. Root for him. But his matches are boring. He always gets his ass kicked the whole fight. Then either wins or gets cheated. I record raw alot because the matched get so boring and predictable. I guess i like watching the soap opera part of it. I always fast forward every fight halfway. The last 4-5 mins is all that matters.

well, Hogan was the franchise forever getting beat down and then finishing with that leg drop.
I dont think Ambrose compares to stone cold, I think he compares to Foley. Not because he is a bad ass, because he takes a beating like Mick.

also upset that the bunny is gone, thought they had something brewing with rose and the bunny, but I guess it does point to Justin Gabriel being that bunny since he is gone.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue isnt Roman winning. Its how he won and how poorly everyone else was booked. To have Bryan and Ziggler used that way in the rumble was a slap in the face to the two of them as well as the fans.Bray stuck around to be a jobber..Ambrose was the only one "treated okay" but was still misused.That rumble was abysmal besides Bubba and DDP. Title match was great though. Really solid and all 3 brought their A game..Epic match.

Unless they pull something huge off, Reigns will get booed to the point that it'll make "cheer/boo Cena reactions" sound like hogans pops in 1987..I assume the plan isn't to turn Reigns heel and Brock face, but they may not have a choice if that's going to be the main event at WM31.

Reigns COULD have been built up properly and could have been the new big face or at least one of the top guys who was liked by kids,adults and old school fans alike, but they blew it big time..They didn't shoot Reigns in the foot last night-they shot in him the fucking head. Never thought I'd see a rumble this bad.. Especially after last years shit show of a rumble ending.

This could have and should have been an epic rumble-even if Roman still won (although I would have chosen at least 5 people instead of him to win). It just needed to be done much better... This had serious potential to be one of the best all time Rumbles. Instead, it'll probably go down as the worst.They couldn't have done a better job at making that rumble awful and a colossal disappointment.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Let's compare Reigns to Rollins to put it into perspective. They hit scene at around the same time in the WWE so they're experience level might seem similar. Rollins started working the Indie circuit about 10 yrs ago. He honed his skills traveling the road working in front of small crowds. Eventually he became a ring of honor headliner and had matches with people like Daniel Bryan. He was already a polished in ring performer when he went to WWE training center. Basically his time in developmental was polishing a diamond. Reigns is a former football player who went straight to performance center a few years ago. He was starting from scratch. Then he gets the call up to WWE as a part of the Shield. In the group setting they protected him from having to wrestle long matches. He'd get the hot tag, do a spot with some high impact moves, and look awesome in the process. When the Shield broke up (I think) they should have slowly had him work his way up the card. Then after a couple years of working with veteran wrestlers he could have been ready for a monster push.

I thought of bringing up Lesnar and Kurt Angle as anomalies in my other post. Brock Lesnar is a freak of nature athlete who was a national champion wrestler in Division I. Angle was an olympic caliber wrestler who could cut a great promo from day one. Those are the only guys who were worthy of being sky rocketed up the card as rookies.

Again I'm not anti-Reigns, I just think they should be more methodical with his push if they wanted to maximize his long term potential as a main eventer

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Rollins will ultimately walk out of WM31 WWE champion. Reigns will beat Lesnar, Lesnar will get mad and beat Reigns down after the match in a Heel type way and Rollins will come out and cash in.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's compare Reigns to Rollins to put it into perspective. They hit scene at around the same time in the WWE so they're experience level might seem similar. Rollins started working the Indie circuit about 10 yrs ago. He honed his skills traveling the road working in front of small crowds. Eventually he became a ring of honor headliner and had matches with people like Daniel Bryan. He was already a polished in ring performer when he went to WWE training center. Basically his time in developmental was polishing a diamond. Reigns is a former football player who went straight to performance center a few years ago. He was starting from scratch. Then he gets the call up to WWE as a part of the Shield. In the group setting they protected him from having to wrestle long matches. He'd get the hot tag, do a spot with some high impact moves, and look awesome in the process. When the Shield broke up (I think) they should have slowly had him work his way up the card. Then after a couple years of working with veteran wrestlers he could have been ready for a monster push.

I thought of bringing up Lesnar and Kurt Angle as anomalies in my other post. Brock Lesnar is a freak of nature athlete who was a national champion wrestler in Division I. Angle was an olympic caliber wrestler who could cut a great promo from day one. Those are the only guys who were worthy of being sky rocketed up the card as rookies.

Again I'm not anti-Reigns, I just think they should be more methodical with his push if they wanted to maximize his long term potential as a main eventer

If I'm remembering it right Reigns is either the son or grandson of one of the Wild Somans, so I think Reigns' quick push up the card is a result of how Vince handles second and third generation wrestlers in general. It's very ironic that the Rock is now associated with Reigns as his path into the WWE was very simular (football player turned wrestler with little experience on the indies) . And, Vince tried to cram a not ready 'Bluechipper" Rocky Miavia down our throats too. Fortunately he eventually became The Rock but he got booed a lot when he first started in the WWF/E.

So, I think there is still hope for Reigns but the WWE has got to build him up right for his match against Lesnar for it to happen. The bad news is their recent track record for doing this is very poor. See CM Punk and Daniel Bryan for proof (The WWE didn't push 'em, the fans did against what WWE wanted or Batista for how the fans can turn against a wrestler despite what WWE wants).

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anoa'i family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty good family tree here.

Punk claimed that he suggested they go to florida wrestling (FCW) to get the guys that made up the shield. I dont think they came from the training facility.

Rock always claimed he was family, just waiting to see if he loses the body armor under Rocks tutalidge and push to wrestlemania. At least Reigns eliminated Big Show and Kane before Rock came out.

Last edited by a moderator:

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like everyone in here just likes heels. Guess im different because

How many great singles matches can you remember Reigns in? There's my problem with it, and it's been like that for a long time....you have guys being pushed to the main event scene before they've even shown they can put on a main event caliber match, which is largely due to them having the 'look' of a top guy but not necessarily the skills. Even when Bret Hart and HBK got their main event pushes years ago, it took them each close to a decade in WWF to get to that level even thought they were also very talented, simply because of Vince's bias towards the huge, larger than life figures.

And I don't think it's a heel thing, as you can see the reactions that Bryan, Ambrose and Ziggler (and also Punk when he was a face) got. Those are the guys that can put on great matches, and that's what many of the fans want to see.

I just think a lot of fans are tired nowadays of them pushing the guys that have the 'look' rather than the talent/skills.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anoa'i family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty good family tree here.

Punk claimed that he suggested they go to florida wrestling (FCW) to get the guys that made up the shield. I dont think they came from the training facility.

Rock always claimed he was family, just waiting to see if he loses the body armor under Rocks tutalidge and push to wrestlemania. At least Reigns eliminated Big Show and Kane before Rock came out.

Florida Championship Wrestling ( floriday wrestling or FCW)was WWE's developmental territory before they openned the Performance (training) facility last year. WWE replaced FCW with NXT last year although they've been filming NXT (available online only) at FCW events for a few years before that.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm personally glad Reigns won. Bryan was never an option. They weren't going to tie their WM main event and then the championship back on him until he proves he can stay healthy and they shouldn't. It's too risky for them to have to deal with again. Of the guys the fans wanted to win, Ziggler was never an option either. Plus I assume he will go back to his feud with BNB. Ambrose wasn't going to win. He isn't getting the push yet. Wyatt wasn't going to win, like Ambrose he isn't getting a main event push yet. Who else was their really? Big Show? No. Rusev? Is the US champ and it's not like he has a huge array or moves either. Reigns was really the only guy who made any sense to win.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still guess im missing something. I didnt see last nights show. But everytime i see reigns on RAW the crowd goes nuts. Plus i went to RAW not too long ago and the crowd went wild for him. Were they booing him that bad last night?

I guess i dont get into the "great matches". To me a great match is like a streetfight. Or some crazy shit. Or i love a one sided beatdown. Prolly why i think wrestlers like ziggler and orton bore me. Orton used to be exciting. But i hate the long 30 min fights that are the same thing. Each guy does his moves. Takes turns beating each other up. If the belt is on the line and its not a PPV, 95 percent of the time it wont change hands and if its a heel with the belt, the face will be cheated. So i guess i enjoy reigns matches because they arent as long.

Like to watch reigns r-truth rey mysterio daniel bryan ambrose rollins and miz dow.

Hate watching kane ziggler cena(even tho i still root for him) orton bautista big show sheamus

In fact i caught TNA the other night and it was a breath of fresh air. I didnt know that kong chick went there. I remember when she had to leave WWE cuz she was suposedly prego. Thing about her is shes so big its hard to have a good story line with someone who could really beat her big ass. Remember jazz? Her and jazz woulda been a heavyweight fight for real.