• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Royal Rumble

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People boo some of the faces because most are cheesey, predictable and not creative at all. Fans are getting tired of the typical PG faces.

I remember a few years ago Orton suddenly became a fan favorite as a heel because he had a badass edge to him..

People like a Stone Cold or The Rock type face.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ODucks: I think you're right, but the problem with RR is he doesn't have that Stone Cold or Rock edge. Both those guys could talk at you until the cows came home (in their own ways). Ziggler can do this and has an edge. Bryan is great on the mic and while not having that bad arse type edge, he's the ultimate underdog story.

Reigns is boring, bad on the mic, and really not that great in the ring. I don't dislike him, and he definitely has his place as a fixture in the WWE for years to come, but not as the new face of the franchise. WWE will probably find that out the hard way.

They need to have Lesnar win at WM and fix it going forward.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ODucks: I think you're right, but the problem with RR is he doesn't have that Stone Cold or Rock edge. Both those guys could talk at you until the cows came home (in their own ways). Ziggler can do this and has an edge. Bryan is great on the mic and while not having that bad arse type edge, he's the ultimate underdog story.

Reigns is boring, bad on the mic, and really not that great in the ring. I don't dislike him, and he definitely has his place as a fixture in the WWE for years to come, but not as the new face of the franchise. WWE will probably find that out the hard way.

But the thing Reigns has in the ring is the actual sell point that this man can beat big men. 210 pound guys soaking wet have their place in the ring, lightweight titles, x divisions. What does bryan have, run across the ring and kick you in the face 5 times while the big men squat down he can reach his head. I know its not real, but at least make it believable.

When the mock warriors were in the ring, they are announced at 460 pounds. They said the big man is 290. Am I the only one doing the math that a soft 170 pounder is able to do all that damage?

Real, No, Fake Yes, Believable sells.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the thing Reigns has in the ring is the actual sell point that this man can beat big men. 210 pound guys soaking wet have their place in the ring, lightweight titles, x divisions. What does bryan have, run across the ring and kick you in the face 5 times while the big men squat down he can reach his head. I know its not real, but at least make it believable.

When the mock warriors were in the ring, they are announced at 460 pounds. They said the big man is 290. Am I the only one doing the math that a soft 170 pounder is able to do all that damage?

Real, No, Fake Yes, Believable sells.

WWE really needs to hire a continuity editor! FWIW WWE.com lists Viktor (smaller man) at 219 lbs. and Connor (bigger man) at 265 lbs. That's 484 for those of you following along at home which just proves that the fakest thing in wrestling is the weights of wrestlers given out before a match or during one and listed on their roster page.

BTW AI, Bret Hart, HBK, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio and several others I won't name would like to have a word with you about the damage "small" men can do. Carefull, they looked pissed. Better hope all they want is just a 'word'. I suggest you start by asking all of them how much they weight........

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ambrose gets a lot of love everywhere as a face, as does Jericho in his sporadic appearances, and CM Punk as both a face/heel got positive reactions from fans.

I think it's more that many fans nowadays appreciate guys that can wrestling moreso than 20-30 years ago. The guys listed above all can put on good matches, and it seems like many fans appreciate that, whereas heels like the Miz, Big Show, Kane, Luke Harper (guys not known for putting on good matches) don't get any love from fans, so it can't be as simple as "fans love to cheer heels."
I

Once again i said on here as in SportsHoopla....

Ive never seen love in here for jericho.....hes boring in the ring to me but hes good on the mic when hes cracking jokes...

I thought the miz put on good matches. His title fight vs cena was good to me. Dumb ending but he headlined a huge match.

As far as punk....i never seen him as a face. More like someone who hated authority....like a stone cold...

So why doesnt a wrestler like sin cara get love? He puts on a show....rey mysterio will always be one of my favs....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually think lesnar may win now because everyone just knows reigns is gonna win. Watch brock hold the belt for another yr

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone with netflix needs to find the ECW heatwave fight between taz and bam bam bigolo....its on the wwe special matches on there....wow it was great. Most of the fight was in the crowd...taz was split open.....was one of the greatest matches ive ever seen. And the wrestling part of wrestling usually bores me. This looked real and grimey....ECW and WCW were the shit when they had that grimey adult feel....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jericho's debut on RAW is still my very favorite RAW moment. He's a legend, and one of the few guys who transcended eras without ever becoming a washed up legend. He's always had the gift to evolve with the times.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE really needs to hire a continuity editor! FWIW WWE.com lists Viktor (smaller man) at 219 lbs. and Connor (bigger man) at 265 lbs. That's 484 for those of you following along at home which just proves that the fakest thing in wrestling is the weights of wrestlers given out before a match or during one and listed on their roster page.

BTW AI, Bret Hart, HBK, CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio and several others I won't name would like to have a word with you about the damage "small" men can do. Carefull, they looked pissed. Better hope all they want is just a 'word'. I suggest you start by asking all of them how much they weight........

OK. Cole just said the big guy was 290 trying to make him sound impressive I guess.

Bret Hart wrestled at 235, the rest of those lightweights you mentioned are the guys I call not believable.

I believe you put the wrong word in 's, it should have read the "damage" little men can do. We will see what Punk does in the ufc before my 290 runs away from him.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Once again i said on here as in SportsHoopla....

Ive never seen love in here for jericho.....hes boring in the ring to me but hes good on the mic when hes cracking jokes...

I thought the miz put on good matches. His title fight vs cena was good to me. Dumb ending but he headlined a huge match.

As far as punk....i never seen him as a face. More like someone who hated authority....like a stone cold...

So why doesnt a wrestler like sin cara get love? He puts on a show....rey mysterio will always be one of my favs....

Punk was a face for a good 7 or so months as WWE champion, from when he won vs Del Rio at Survivor Series at MSG (where the crowd went nuts when he won) to when he turned heel after attacking the Rock, and he wasn't really an anti-authority guy during that time but still got big reactions.

As for Jericho, he's slowed down given his age and mileage, but can still put on good matches (had good matches with Punk and Ziggler from his last 2 runs from my recollection).

Sin Cara is athletic but his matches were never anything special in WWE, and he's got a reputation for botching many of his moves (which they replaced the original Sin Cara with another guy, but the damage to the name was already done).

Here's some entertainment on some of Sin Cara's botches in his short time..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIbQZzMrRV4

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jericho's debut on RAW is still my very favorite RAW moment. He's a legend, and one of the few guys who transcended eras without ever becoming a washed up legend. He's always had the gift to evolve with the times.

I just was never a jericho fan from the WCW days. I remember when him and i think 3 others defected from WCW to WWF. i think it was saturn, dean malenko, and i cant remember the other. TAZ maybe? I liked when jericho would crack jokes on stefanie mc. But jericho and christian just bore me in the ring.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko were the Radicalz. Then Benoit killed his family and fucked it all up.

Taz came from ECW w RVD.

Christian bores me too. He was always Edge's Robin to me.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punk was a face for a good 7 or so months as WWE champion, from when he won vs Del Rio at Survivor Series at MSG (where the crowd went nuts when he won) to when he turned heel after attacking the Rock, and he wasn't really an anti-authority guy during that time but still got big reactions.

As for Jericho, he's slowed down given his age and mileage, but can still put on good matches (had good matches with Punk and Ziggler from his last 2 runs from my recollection).

Sin Cara is athletic but his matches were never anything special in WWE, and he's got a reputation for botching many of his moves (which they replaced the original Sin Cara with another guy, but the damage to the name was already done).

Here's some entertainment on some of Sin Cara's botches in his short time..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIbQZzMrRV4

Crowd went nuts when punk was a heel and won. I still never seen him as a face. His character was more for himself. More like an outlaw.

I guess i dont like the so called good matches that go 40 mins with the guys doing the same moves over and over. Both doing their finishing moves. Then halfway thru they start laying around more and needing more lil breaks. Thats what killed the WCW. All the old guys on the roster always laying down longer. Playing to the crowd. Anything to get a few mins in for a break. Thats why i like ambrose. His fights are always different. Ill watch a long fight with him. But give me a 10 min brawl all over the place over 40 min all out get your moves in both guys all tired type of match. Would rather see a goldberg beatdown. Or the old WCW ECW type all out beatdown type fights. Thats why i loved mick foley. NOBODY took a beating like mick. He was the best wrestler when it came to hitting his getting his ass kicked moves. The tacks man the tacks.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and Dean Malenko were the Radicalz. Then Benoit killed his family and fucked it all up.

Taz came from ECW w RVD.

Taz was in ECW but i believe he went to WCW for a brief time.

Look up the taz and bam bam biggolo fight at heatwave. Brutal.

Dean malenko was flat out boring. He was a great real wrestler tho. But his character was boring. Eddie had his ups and downs IMO. I never liked benoit. I remember when he won the belt. Was the worst PPV ever. I remember everyone at my bros house all pissed we pitched in to order it. He was a beast tho but once again his character is boring. Some wrestlers have character and suck at wrestling. Some are great wrestlers and horrible boring characters IMO.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crowd went nuts when punk was a heel and won. I still never seen him as a face. His character was more for himself. More like an outlaw.

I'd disagree here. When he first turned face (during the feud with Cena), he was an outlaw type character, but after his feud with HHH that same year it seemed to go away and he pretty much appeared as a face.

I guess i dont like the so called good matches that go 40 mins with the guys doing the same moves over and over. Both doing their finishing moves. Then halfway thru they start laying around more and needing more lil breaks. Thats what killed the WCW.

I certainly don't think that was the the issue with WCW...silly booking such as the finger-poke match. Vince Russo and David Arquette winning the WCW title, having people turn face and heel or join/leave the NWO on a seemingly weekly basis was the problem, and they had a huge roster of guys and they didn't know what to do with many of them.

After the fingerpoke match, ratings suffered and never recovered, so it looks like the fans were tired of all the nonsense that WCW had lately been doing and subsequently gave up on the product.
Fingerpoke of Doom - Pro Wrestling Wiki - Divas, Knockouts, Results, Match histories, Titles, and more!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Cole just said the big guy was 290 trying to make him sound impressive I guess.

Bret Hart wrestled at 235, the rest of those lightweights you mentioned are the guys I call not believable.

I believe you put the wrong word in 's, it should have read the "damage" little men can do. We will see what Punk does in the ufc before my 290 runs away from him.

According to who? The WWF, WCW, Bret himself. Weights in wrestling are fake. There are no weigh-ins. Promotors/Promotions can list a wrestler at any weight they want.

As to the damage small guys can do. Punk is trained in martial arts, Brazilian Jazitsu I believe and that's why he's entering the UFC. Go look up the early UFC and a guy with the last name of Gracie (Not sure I spelled it right). There were no weight classes back then and everyone was entered into a one and done tourneyment style event with the winner being the last man standing. Gracie weighted about 170 lbs but he'd beat guys 2 and 3 times his size to win the tourney event after event. He'd just tie the big guys up in knots until they submitted. No matter how big you are every person has weak spots - neck, knees, elbows. All a small man needs to do is get you in a rear naked choke or an arm bar/chicken wing and you are done.

The late great Grilla Monsoon once said that a guy could take a hammer lock (chicken wing) and push the arm up toward the top of the back and break it any time he wanted and there was nothing a guy could do to stop it BUT you just didn't do that in Pro Wrestling.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd disagree here. When he first turned face (during the feud with Cena), he was an outlaw type character, but after his feud with HHH that same year it seemed to go away and he pretty much appeared as a face.

I certainly don't think that was the the issue with WCW...silly booking such as the finger-poke match. Vince Russo and David Arquette winning the WCW title, having people turn face and heel or join/leave the NWO on a seemingly weekly basis was the problem, and they had a huge roster of guys and they didn't know what to do with many of them.

After the fingerpoke match, ratings suffered and never recovered, so it looks like the fans were tired of all the nonsense that WCW had lately been doing and subsequently gave up on the product.
Fingerpoke of Doom - Pro Wrestling Wiki - Divas, Knockouts, Results, Match histories, Titles, and more!

Don't forget the constant swerves and fill-in-the-blank on a pole matches. Plus all the hot angles that were suddenly dropped for no reason or went no where. There is a whole book on this called 'Who killed WCW' wriiten by RD Reynolds of Wrestle Crap.com fame and another writer who's name escapes right now.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Taz came from ECW w RVD.

For the Radicalz, you left out Perry Saturn.

Taz was in ECW but i believe he went to WCW for a brief time.

Look up the taz and bam bam biggolo fight at heatwave. Brutal.

Dean malenko was flat out boring. He was a great real wrestler tho. But his character was boring. Eddie had his ups and downs IMO. I never liked benoit. I remember when he won the belt. Was the worst PPV ever. I remember everyone at my bros house all pissed we pitched in to order it. He was a beast tho but once again his character is boring. Some wrestlers have character and suck at wrestling. Some are great wrestlers and horrible boring characters IMO.

I don't believe Taz was ever in WCW but I know Sabu was for at least a few weeks.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Radicalz, you left out Perry Saturn.

I don't believe Taz was ever in WCW but I know Sabu was for at least a few weeks.

Taz was never in WCW. He jumped to the WWE when he left ECW. Mentioning Sabu in WCW makes me think of Bobby the Brain calling Sabu 'Suicide Sabu' during his 2 or 3 TV matches in WCW.