• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roy Williams decides to retire from North Carolina

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uh, pretty sure aspiring journalists and reporters should be slapped around like the dirty whores that they are

that student reporter got off light as far as I'm concerned. Coach K should have knocked him the hell out.

Coach K shouldn't have apologized. He should have said, "Tough shit, Sally. Next time you're leading with a crimson mask."

Coach K couldn't knock the hell out of a stuffed animal. And you think a college kid should be treated just like a paid professional journalist? If he can't answer a legit question asked after a loss by a kid maybe the game has passed him by. He had a real cranky senior citizen moment. And I hope he has some more next season.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach K couldn't knock the hell out of a stuffed animal. And you think a college kid should be treated just like a paid professional journalist? If he can't answer a legit question asked after a loss by a kid maybe the game has passed him by. He had a real cranky senior citizen moment. And I hope he has some more next season.
At least he didn’t promote no show classes and a blatant cheating culture. Let’s ask McCants and his sister about it. What shitty school has to Cheat in women’s basketball? What a bunch of complacent ass holes.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he didn’t promote no show classes and a blatant cheating culture. Let’s ask McCants and his sister about it. What shitty school has to Cheat in women’s basketball? What a bunch of complacent ass holes.

It's funny that you can't stay on topic. You know I'm only talking about how Coach K treated that student reporter. You on the other hand wanna talk about anything else. No reason to continue this as you have proven multiple times you choose to completely ignore how Coach K acted. And like I already said he would have never offered up that lame apology had he not gotten some backlash for acting like a jackass in the first place.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny that you can't stay on topic. You know I'm only talking about how Coach K treated that student reporter. You on the other hand wanna talk about anything else. No reason to continue this as you have proven multiple times you choose to completely ignore how Coach K acted. And like I already said he would have never offered up that lame apology had he not gotten some backlash for acting like a jackass in the first place.

If you want to talk about Coach K and his treatment of the Duke student body then make you a thread and have at it. This thread is "Roy Williams decides to retire from North Carolina". Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to talk about Coach K and his treatment of the Duke student body then make you a thread and have at it. This thread is "Roy Williams decides to retire from North Carolina". Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

Don't care what this thread is about. And I'm not the one that originally mentioned Coach K. You over the top homer. You're pathetic. Can't/won't even acknowledge what he did was outta line.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care what this thread is about.

Obviously. And BTW, I wasn't the one who mentioned Coach K to begin with. But the OP made it clear it was about Roy.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously. And BTW, I wasn't the one who mentioned Coach K to begin with. But the OP made it clear it was about Roy.

I plead guilty to mentioning Coach K in this thread to begin with but it was only to say that with Roy's retirement I wonder how long it might be before Coach K does the same thing, nothing more.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I plead guilty to mentioning Coach K in this thread to begin with but it was only to say that with Roy's retirement I wonder how long it might be before Coach K does the same thing, nothing more.
Well I never. Why you no talk about K’s treatments of students wanting to be reporters?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I never. Why you no talk about K’s treatments of students wanting to be reporters?

I have always considered Coach K a class act both on and off the court and I wasn't interested in getting into a pissing contest with 'Wamu'.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it when Bubba Cunningham introduced Davis as the new uNC HC by calling him Hoobert Davis.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it when Bubba Cunningham introduced Davis as the new uNC HC by calling him Hoobert Davis.

Maybe Bubba skipped one of those pronunciation classes at UNC which he was suppose to attend before applying for the AD job since I understand that many classes are allowed to be skipped on that campus.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Bubba skipped one of those pronunciation classes at UNC which he was suppose to attend before applying for the AD job since I understand that many classes are allowed to be skipped on that campus.

LOL. yep, I listened to Hoobert's press conference yesterday he said that only a uNC graduate/coach/former player/guy with uNC ties to do that job. But the guy hiring, Bubba Cunningham, is a Notre Dame graduate and he's doing the hiring.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. yep, I listened to Hoobert's press conference yesterday he said that only a uNC graduate/coach/former player/guy with uNC ties to do that job. But the guy hiring, Bubba Cunningham, is a Notre Dame graduate and he's doing the hiring.

Since this hire is vital to Bubba's career he had better hope and pray that he made the right choice. I'm guessing that he knew from the get go his job would be more safe if his hire stayed within the UNC family but with that said there are some great coaches out there not in the UNC family with many years of head coaching experience who would have jumped all over this job. All of this happened quickly and only time will tell if Bubba made the right choice.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My questions would be, “What is the best recruit as an assistant were you able to sign at Chapel Hill? Who do you have in mind as a top assistant? Obviously the last two seasons have been a struggle so what changes will you implement in order to change for success in the ACC and NCAAT?”.