• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roy Williams decides to retire from North Carolina

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish him nothing but the best in retirement. Obviously I am not UNC fan but man you have to respect that man for what he has done for the game of basketball!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish him nothing but the best in retirement. Obviously I am not UNC fan but man you have to respect that man for what he has done for the game of basketball!

I agree 100%. This makes me wonder how far Coach K will behind 'ole Roy' when it comes to retirement. From what I'm reading Coach K is not having as much fun anymore either with the direction that college basketball seems to be going.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. This makes me wonder how far Coach K will behind 'ole Roy' when it comes to retirement. From what I'm reading Coach K is not having as much fun anymore either with the direction that college basketball seems to be going.

Next year might be Coach Ks last... Especially if they don't improve from this season

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year might be Coach Ks last... Especially if they don't improve from this season

Nothing lasts forever on this earth but I don't think the Duke vs. UNC rivalry will ever be the same again without Coach K vs. Dean or Roy.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Coach K pretty much looked like the biggest jackass in all of CBB this season. He knew he didn't have his typical loaded team this year, so last December he pushed to have th entire season canceled. Then he lost his mind when he lashed out and yelled at the student reporter for asking a question after a loss.

And it wasn't until after he was called out on social media for his behavior did he offer up a lame apology. He wasn't sorry for yelling at the student reporter. He only said something due to the backlash he received.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only coach in CBB history to have 400 wins with two programs. Enjoy retirement Coach Williams.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing lasts forever on this earth but I don't think the Duke vs. UNC rivalry will ever be the same again without Coach K vs. Dean or Roy.

Got that right!

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are on the verge of losing a lot of legends. Coach K and Boehiem won't be far after him which will make it seem like an end of a special era in College Bball. Even crazier, we are near the end of the careers for the two coaches are mentioned, plus Izzo, Pitno, Calhoun, and Huggins, and those are all elite, HoF coaches (even though Pitno is about as dirty as Sammy Sosa).

Sad times and wish nothing but the best for him. Always appeared to be a stand up guy.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a lot of coaching changes recently. Beard to Texas obviously and now Oklahoma lands Porter Moser.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach K pretty much looked like the biggest jackass in all of CBB this season. He knew he didn't have his typical loaded team this year, so last December he pushed to have th entire season canceled. Then he lost his mind when he lashed out and yelled at the student reporter for asking a question after a loss.

And it wasn't until after he was called out on social media for his behavior did he offer up a lame apology. He wasn't sorry for yelling at the student reporter. He only said something due to the backlash he received.

Again you show your ignorance Wham. Coach K never yelled much less raised his voice to the Chronicle reporter. And he apologized for taking him to task as that was pretty much it. Of course you want it to be something more. And K never wanted to "cancel" the season. Ever. Duke played more ACC games than Carolina did this season and had the same amount of overall losses as the Tar Holes.

But this thread is about Roy. Let's talk about his career trying to extend the no show classes Dean set up when he was coach, calling out opposing fans when they taunt uNC players at the FT line and get them tossed out for it, or just plain throwing his own players under the bus.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you show your ignorance Wham. Coach K never yelled much less raised his voice to the Chronicle reporter. And he apologized for taking him to task as that was pretty much it. Of course you want it to be something more. And K never wanted to "cancel" the season. Ever. Duke played more ACC games than Carolina did this season and had the same amount of overall losses as the Tar Holes.

But this thread is about Roy. Let's talk about his career trying to extend the no show classes Dean set up when he was coach, calling out opposing fans when they taunt uNC players at the FT line and get them tossed out for it, or just plain throwing his own players under the bus.

First of all I'm not the one that originally mentioned Coach K. And I should have used the word berated instaed of yelling. Either way he was way outta line.

si-.com: Watch: Coach K takes issue with student reporters question (1/23/21)

He started off the interview in a bad mood by saying he wouldn't answer the question. And right after that he demanded to know what the kids major was. Now what does that have to do with asking a question after a loss? The answer is nothing. He tried to compare that kids toughest class to poor duke losing a game. That's lame. Thought he was better than that, guess not.

So have you accomplished your goal of pissing on Dean Smith's grave? You were bragging about that shortly after he pass away. Keep it classless dougie.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all I'm not the one that originally mentioned Coach K. And I should have used the word berated instaed of yelling. Either way he was way outta line.

si-.com: Watch: Coach K takes issue with student reporters question (1/23/21)

He started off the interview in a bad mood by saying he wouldn't answer the question. And right after that he demanded to know what the kids major was. Now what does that have to do with asking a question after a loss? The answer is nothing. He tried to compare that kids toughest class to poor duke losing a game. That's lame. Thought he was better than that, guess not.

So have you accomplished your goal of pissing on Dean Smith's grave? You were bragging about that shortly after he pass away. Keep it classless dougie.

My goal is to expose Dean Smith as the cheater he really was like when McGuire was fired and then uNC was placed on probation for cheating. He was assistant coach when Carolina was placed on probation. What part of the team does the assistant coach not belong?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goal is to expose Dean Smith as the cheater he really was like when McGuire was fired and then uNC was placed on probation for cheating. He was assistant coach when Carolina was placed on probation. What part of the team does the assistant coach not belong?

So you're just going to ingore that Coach K berated that student reporter for no reason? Not surprised at all. All you can say on this topic is to bring up something that happened about 60 years ago that has nothing to do with Coach K. Funny you're trying to change the topic.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're just going to ingore that Coach K berated that student reporter for no reason? Not surprised at all. All you can say on this topic is to bring up something that happened about 60 years ago that has nothing to do with Coach K. Funny you're trying to change the topic.
Not ignoring anything. You want the exchange between a student reporter and K to be much more than it actually was. Not surprising coming from a tar hole apologist.

The fact remains UNC is nothing but a culture of cheating dating back to McGuire passed on to Dean Smith passed on to Roy Williams and surely to pass on to the next coach. We shall see.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not ignoring anything. You want the exchange between a student reporter and K to be much more than it actually was. Not surprising coming from a tar hole apologist.

The fact remains UNC is nothing but a culture of cheating dating back to McGuire passed on to Dean Smith passed on to Roy Williams and surely to pass on to the next coach. We shall see.

I'm talking about something that Kruzawooooski did recently. And you're still talking about stuff that happened back in the 1960's. Now that's hilarious. And if he wasn't outta line he wouldn't have gone outta his way to offer up an apology after he got some national backlash for his behavior.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about something that Kruzawooooski did recently. And you're still talking about stuff that happened back in the 1960's. Now that's hilarious. And if he wasn't outta line he wouldn't have gone outta his way to offer up an apology after he got some national backlash for his behavior.

I'm talking about Roy, the subject of this thread. And until April 1st was head coach at Chump Hill. He learned from the best how to have no show classes so if Bubba hires a current staff guy it should be apparent that they keep the lineage from McGuire/Dean/Roy going. That's April 1st 2021. As in this past week.Two days ago. I'd say that's pretty recent.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a lot of coaching changes recently. Beard to Texas obviously and now Oklahoma lands Porter Moser.
It's nice of Oklahoma to give Creighton's next coach a place to hone his coaching skills while he's in waiting for McDermott to retire.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about Roy, the subject of this thread. And until April 1st was head coach at Chump Hill. He learned from the best how to have no show classes so if Bubba hires a current staff guy it should be apparent that they keep the lineage from McGuire/Dean/Roy going. That's April 1st 2021. As in this past week.Two days ago. I'd say that's pretty recent.

That's not what I'm talking about, you know that. You choose to ignore how Coach K reacted to that student reporter. It was uncalled for. But you just keep pretending Coach K's reaction wasn't outta line. And he would have never offered up that lame apology had he not received backlash for his behavior.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I'm talking about, you know that. You choose to ignore how Coach K reacted to that student reporter. It was uncalled for. But you just keep pretending Coach K's reaction wasn't outta line. And he would have never offered up that lame apology had he not received backlash for his behavior.
uh, pretty sure aspiring journalists and reporters should be slapped around like the dirty whores that they are

that student reporter got off light as far as I'm concerned. Coach K should have knocked him the hell out.

Coach K shouldn't have apologized. He should have said, "Tough shit, Sally. Next time you're leading with a crimson mask."