• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rounds? Range?

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many rounds do you play in a week?

How many rounds did you play last year?

I'll start

I get at least a round every week, but really like 2 per week (it has been so fricking hot this month).

I think I got 60-70 rounds in last year.

If I don't get 2 rounds in a week I get at least 1 range time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclosure - You can play year round here but ATL has a winter. I will normally hit balls on the decent days in Jan-Feb...and may play once or twice...Prime time golf in the ATL is Mar thru June, then again Sept thru Thanksgiving

Week...once, mostly on Sat. right now, every now and then I may go Sat & Sun.

Year...last year I had two kids in college I may have played about 20 rounds...this year (with one graduated) I will probably get closer to 40-45 rounds.

My goal would be about 60-80 rounds a year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclosure - You can play year round here but ATL has a winter. I will normally hit balls on the decent days in Jan-Feb...and may play once or twice...Prime time golf in the ATL is Mar thru June, then again Sept thru Thanksgiving

Week...once, mostly on Sat. right now, every now and then I may go Sat & Sun.

Year...last year I had two kids in college I may have played about 20 rounds...this year (with one graduated) I will probably get closer to 40-45 rounds.

My goal would be about 60-80 rounds a year.

It ALWAYS seems to be raining in Augusta during Masters Week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ALWAYS seems to be raining in Augusta during Masters Week.

Seemingly...this year we've had record rainfall across all of north GA. I was at the '08 & '10 Masters and it didn't rain on the days I was there.

Amazing, come hell or high water, they get those azaleas to bloom on Masters Week...one year they had to import fake ones...it was 40 degs the whole week. My azaleas don't normally bloom until mid to late April.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemingly...this year we've had record rainfall across all of north GA. I was at the '08 & '10 Masters and it didn't rain on the days I was there.

Amazing, come hell or high water, they get those azaleas to bloom on Masters Week...one year they had to import fake ones...it was 40 degs the whole week. My azaleas don't normally bloom until mid to late April.

My grandfather was an agronomist there the Augusta National course back in the last century. he and his group took great pride in how the course looked.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My grandfather was an agronomist there the Augusta National course back in the last century. he and his group took great pride in how the course looked.

They set the tone...that place is heaven on earth for a golfer.

Question...since you're a Bay area guy...you may hate them being a SF fan, but have you ever been to a Raiders game? Are they safe? (not that I would go in wearing PIT gear) You hear about some many violent happenings at games in Cali...didn't a Giants fan get killed at a Dodger game?

I don't go to many games anymore, but my daughter is now getting into the NFL and she likes the Steelers I guess b/c of me, but we're thinking of a road trip. My brother in law lives outside Sacramento so we thought about that OAK game...more likely we may go to PIT on 9/22.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They set the tone...that place is heaven on earth for a golfer.

Question...since you're a Bay area guy...you may hate them being a SF fan, but have you ever been to a Raiders game? Are they safe? (not that I would go in wearing PIT gear) You hear about some many violent happenings at games in Cali...didn't a Giants fan get killed at a Dodger game?

I don't go to many games anymore, but my daughter is now getting into the NFL and she likes the Steelers I guess b/c of me, but we're thinking of a road trip. My brother in law lives outside Sacramento so we thought about that OAK game...more likely we may go to PIT on 9/22.

Don't like the Raiders but have been to a few games. Mexican gangs have picked up the Raiders and the Dodgers as their teams and there is a lot of violence at both the Coliseum and Dodger Stadium. Both started out as great locations but are now square in the middle of the area that the Mexicans have settled in in the last 20 years. When I was a kid it was no problem going to either even as a Giants and 49er fan but now it is terrible.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh brother...just what I need...thanks...you made this an easy decision. What a difference in time...I went to a few Laker games in the old Forum in Englewood, then another time took in a Dodger game...never once thought we were in harms way.

We may still go out to see the brother-in-law (next year), but we can pass on any football, or baseball games for that matter...sad.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh brother...just what I need...thanks...you made this an easy decision. What a difference in time...I went to a few Laker games in the old Forum in Englewood, then another time took in a Dodger game...never once thought we were in harms way.

We may still go out to see the brother-in-law (next year), but we can pass on any football, or baseball games for that matter...sad.

If you go to the Giants park in San Francisco, you'll love it. I think its the finest facility in MLB. Candlestick Park, however, is a dump.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go to the Giants park in San Francisco, you'll love it. I think its the finest facility in MLB. Candlestick Park, however, is a dump.

Been to Cali several times, but I've never been to SF...I had an aunt that lived in Berkeley...I visited her once back in the late 70s, went to OAK, Richmond, etc. but somehow missed SF so I'm looking forward to hitting the Bay area...30+ yrs later...lol

I hear the Stick is being replaced with a new venue.

Final Bay area question...my cousin has this bucket list to play Pebble...mine too in a way, but I've heard if you do it, you have to play these other tracks. Spyglass I know of, and I forget the 3rd sort of famous oceanside course...what course am I thinking of?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've played more this year than I have in recent years. I can only look back over my last 20 scores. I've had 20 rounds since June 16th. It will drop off after this weekend since we are having our club championship & then aerifying our greens on Monday.

No clue how many per year... Due to the weather there are times in the Northeast when I wont play at all from Oct - April

I do try to go to the range, short game area & putt a few times per week. I'll get out for 9 from time to time as well

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been to Cali several times, but I've never been to SF...I had an aunt that lived in Berkeley...I visited her once back in the late 70s, went to OAK, Richmond, etc. but somehow missed SF so I'm looking forward to hitting the Bay area...30+ yrs later...lol

I hear the Stick is being replaced with a new venue.

Final Bay area question...my cousin has this bucket list to play Pebble...mine too in a way, but I've heard if you do it, you have to play these other tracks. Spyglass I know of, and I forget the 3rd sort of famous oceanside course...what course am I thinking of?

I was born in Berkeley but haven't lived in the Bay Area since 1978. You do not have to buy passes to play the other courses in the rotation if you want to play Pebble. You do, however, have to pay a 400+ dollar green fee and have a marshal accompany you on your round. Most days you cannot drive a cart on the course, you have to park on the path and walk to your ball. Its often a pretty long walk. I've played there a few times and in my opinion its not worth the money. There are quite a few really nice courses right there in the area, Spanish Bay, Del Monte, Spyglass Hill, Poppy Hills, Dunes at Monterrey Peninsula, Pasatiempo and two former military courses at Fort Ord that are now public called Bayonnet and Black Horse which are as good as any in the area.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've played more this year than I have in recent years. I can only look back over my last 20 scores. I've had 20 rounds since June 16th. It will drop off after this weekend since we are having our club championship & then aerifying our greens on Monday.

No clue how many per year... Due to the weather there are times in the Northeast when I wont play at all from Oct - April
I do try to go to the range, short game area & putt a few times per week. I'll get out for 9 from time to time as well

Dude, you need to move!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in Berkeley but haven't lived in the Bay Area since 1978. You do not have to buy passes to play the other courses in the rotation if you want to play Pebble. You do, however, have to pay a 400+ dollar green fee and have a marshal accompany you on your round. Most days you cannot drive a cart on the course, you have to park on the path and walk to your ball. Its often a pretty long walk. I've played there a few times and in my opinion its not worth the money. There are quite a few really nice courses right there in the area, Spanish Bay, Del Monte, Spyglass Hill, Poppy Hills, Dunes at Monterrey Peninsula, Pasatiempo and two former military courses at Fort Ord that are now public called Bayonnet and Black Horse which are as good as any in the area.

Pasat...what you said...that's the one I was thinking of.

Pebble...I've heard a few others that have played it said they're glad they played it, but wouldn't play it again. That tells me it was nice, but as you said, not worth nearly $500. That's why I said it's kind of a bucket list for me. I have the Scotland/Ireland trip a little higher on my list, and I'm not overly fond of links golf...but to play a courses 200 to 400 years old is intriguing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pasat...what you said...that's the one I was thinking of.

Pebble...I've heard a few others that have played it said they're glad they played it, but wouldn't play it again. That tells me it was nice, but as you said, not worth nearly $500. That's why I said it's kind of a bucket list for me. I have the Scotland/Ireland trip a little higher on my list, and I'm not overly fond of links golf...but to play a courses 200 to 400 years old is intriguing.

When I was in the Army and stationed in England we drove up and played St. Andrews and Royal Troon which has now gone private.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Varies for me. Too hot in TX to play very often in the summer and the spring/fall can be very unpredictable with storms.

I try to get in a round a week. If I don't play one week, I definitely try to get a range session in. Outside of that I might go to the range the day before a round just to warm up and get the feel back for my swing.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the land of cheese, my buddy and I have a rule.......if the course is open, you play. The season is short - about April through October with some rounds in Nov if the fall is mild enough.

I play every week and once in awhile, will get two rounds in that week. I have had a bad back for the past 13 years so have to pace myself meaning I don't get as much range time as I would like/need

Probably played around 40 rounds last year but will not even come close to that this year due to a wet, shitty Spring

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play 4.5 rounds a year...I play in a 9 hole league every summer and that's all I play anymore. I used to play 300+ rounds a year for about 15 years...got burnt out in 2003, didn't pick up a club until about 2008...I've always told myself that if I ever get rich I'm gonna attempt to get good again...golf isn't fun when you can't play the way you used to be able play

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby, have you had a chance to play Cypress Ridge near Pismo Beach? I will be there next weekend and am trying to get on. If you book online, you need two or more players. So I will need to call tomorrow.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I play 4.5 rounds a year...I play in a 9 hole league every summer and that's all I play anymore. I used to play 300+ rounds a year for about 15 years...got burnt out in 2003, didn't pick up a club until about 2008...I've always told myself that if I ever get rich I'm gonna attempt to get good again...golf isn't fun when you can't play the way you used to be able play

Aint that the truth...you don't even have to be really good for that to apply...we had a guy that played with us for a while...played as a young kid, college golf etc. 60s low 70s...then got a career job, family, etc. said he quit cold turkey for about 3 yrs...started playing with us and struggled to break 90 for the 1st month, then 80s golf for the next couple of months and he just got frustrated that he didn't have the time to get anywhere near his old game. He quit again...said he would just table it until his kids were old enough to play.