• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2019

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tee it up 3 times over the holiday weekend and smoked a brisket for 11 hrs.

Full weekend.

Nothing special on the golf...but nothing real bad either.

Sat...not sure what I was thinking but did 36 holes...something I hadn't done in a long, long time...43-49 Sat morning and that's probably what spurred me to tee it up again...Sat afternoon 41-46...then Monday we took our 3some on the road and played in a 25 man skins game but we kept our same little $5, $5, $5 game in play...44-38...my lone birdie was cancelled out by one of my regulars so my $20 just padded the skin pot...but I did win the $5,5,5 so got my skin pot money back + $10.

The brisket turned out great too!

brisket whole.jpg
Started at 11p, 1st peek after 5 hours at 4a

brisket wrapped.jpg
Wrapped, 160 deg internal coming down the homestretch now

evans.jpg

No I wasn't drinking this stuff...at least not yet...moisture pan liquid under the brisket

flat sliced.jpg
Flat sliced...I should've removed it at 200 deg, instead of 205...too tender, 1st slice failed the bend test so had to slice thicker than normal, still tasty as hell

point sauced.jpg
The point was awesome and hand cut potato wedges made for a great lunch...6 people,13lb brisket you'd think there would be plenty of leftovers...nada.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Full weekend.

Sat...not sure what I was thinking but did 36 holes...something I hadn't done in a long, long time...43-49 Sat morning and that's probably what spurred me to tee it up again...Sat afternoon 41-46...then Monday we took our 3some on the road and played in a 25 man skins game but we kept our same little $5, $5, $5 game in play...44-38...my lone birdie was cancelled out by one of my regulars so my $20 just padded the skin pot...but I did win the $5,5,5 so got my skin pot money back + $10.

View attachment 215639

View attachment 215640

View attachment 215641
Holy crap, what a perfect weekend!
No I wasn't drinking this stuff...at least not yet...moisture pan liquid under the brisket

View attachment 215643
Flat sliced...I should've removed it at 200 deg, instead of 205...too tender, 1st slice failed the bend test so had to slice thicker than normal, still tasty as hell

View attachment 215644
The point was awesome and hand cut potato wedges made for a great lunch...6 people,13lb brisket you'd think there would be plenty of leftovers...nada.

Holy crap, what a perfect weekend!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty close thanks...being that it was my first one, I was a lot more excited for the brisket cook than the golf.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last week of league play tonight and my team is in the battle for 3rd place. Hoping for a good night on the course!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Full weekend.

View attachment 215639

View attachment 215640

View attachment 215641

View attachment 215643

View attachment 215644

Sweet. Thanks so much for posting the pics. You know, there's just a few of us in here but it's nice for the few of us to have a place where other people actually give a fuck what we shoot and the shots that happen on the course~!

My wife will be genuinely interested in how I did bless her heart but if I snake in a 40ft curling putt to save par on 18 and shoot a 79, she's like...

36Da.gif

If one of you guys do it and type it here...

giphy.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet. Thanks so much for posting the pics. You know, there's just a few of us in here but it's nice for the few of us to have a place where other people actually give a fuck what we shoot and the shots that happen on the course~!

My wife will be genuinely interested in how I did bless her heart but if I snake in a 40ft curling putt to save par on 18 and shoot a 79, she's like...

36Da.gif

If one of you guys do it and type it here...

giphy.gif

I’ve had my regulars over for lunch after a round so the wife has met them, and I’ll get the cursory “who won?” If she’s home when I get back, but anything more I know is a bore so I don’t bother...lol

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last week of league play tonight and my team is in the battle for 3rd place. Hoping for a good night on the course!
I shot a 44 and I think he held onto our 3rd place finish, which will be like $125 for me to split between 6 people.

my right pec/ribcage is sore as shit after diving for a ball a couple weeks back that I re-aggravated on Tuesday. Been holding back on my swing, which maybe isn't a bad thing. Not many mishits last night, but I am definitely lacking some power. Had to decide to club up at times...but the injury still doesn't help my slice.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shot a 44 and I think he held onto our 3rd place finish, which will be like $125 for me to split between 6 people.

my right pec/ribcage is sore as shit after diving for a ball a couple weeks back that I re-aggravated on Tuesday. Been holding back on my swing, which maybe isn't a bad thing. Not many mishits last night, but I am definitely lacking some power. Had to decide to club up at times...but the injury still doesn't help my slice.

Shooting 44, you are keeping in play enough to where I would call that a power fade....:nod:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shooting 44, you are keeping in play enough to where I would call that a power fade....:nod:
oh it is definitely a power fade and I know exactly how to shape it most of the time.

that doesn't mean I want to keep it.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh it is definitely a power fade and I know exactly how to shape it most of the time.

that doesn't mean I want to keep it.

I hear ya...sounds like a guy ready to hit some sub 40 rounds to me :D.

I went from being a flat out slicer as a newbie, to a push fade, to a draw, to a hook, and now the last 3 yrs or so, a fade. When I'm hitting it my best, it's about a 10 yd fade.

Admittedly I hit the ball further when I had the draw cooking, but when it developed into a hook, it was so ugly that I went for a lesson...in fact those were the last lessons I had...probably 10 yrs ago now.

I can still turn one over if I really need to, but I'd rather just drop down to my 3w...I'm far more consistent with the fade...#17 at the home track, is a 505 yd par 5, straight away...plays a good 30' or so downhill and it's a fair wide landing area, but you can't miss it...OB on both sides.

This is the swing hole almost every weekend...hit the fairway and you can get it up around the green in two and have a chance for birdie with a decent chip or pitch. Miss the fairway and you're praying the rough holds your ball up...basically you must be able to control your ball on this hole.

The longest player in our group hits a draw, myself and the other guy both hit fades....we get far more 4s and 5s on this hole than the long baller.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broke 85 for first time in my life today. Shot a 83. Might not be a good round for some of y’all but that is fantastic for myself

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations mister!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya...sounds like a guy ready to hit some sub 40 rounds to me :D.

I went from being a flat out slicer as a newbie, to a push fade, to a draw, to a hook, and now the last 3 yrs or so, a fade. When I'm hitting it my best, it's about a 10 yd fade.

Admittedly I hit the ball further when I had the draw cooking, but when it developed into a hook, it was so ugly that I went for a lesson...in fact those were the last lessons I had...probably 10 yrs ago now.

I can still turn one over if I really need to, but I'd rather just drop down to my 3w...I'm far more consistent with the fade...#17 at the home track, is a 505 yd par 5, straight away...plays a good 30' or so downhill and it's a fair wide landing area, but you can't miss it...OB on both sides.

This is the swing hole almost every weekend...hit the fairway and you can get it up around the green in two and have a chance for birdie with a decent chip or pitch. Miss the fairway and you're praying the rough holds your ball up...basically you must be able to control your ball on this hole.

The longest player in our group hits a draw, myself and the other guy both hit fades....we get far more 4s and 5s on this hole than the long baller.
there is certainly a trade off between accuracy and distance, which is such a big part of golf. There are holes where I am willing to sacrifice a couple dozen yards just so I can be sure I am on the fairway. That is just too important. My home track is an extremely narrow course with only a few opportunities to hit driver, esp if your driver slices like mine does.

I should start burying myself in youtube videos and see if I can fix that.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is certainly a trade off between accuracy and distance, which is such a big part of golf. There are holes where I am willing to sacrifice a couple dozen yards just so I can be sure I am on the fairway. That is just too important. My home track is an extremely narrow course with only a few opportunities to hit driver, esp if your driver slices like mine does.

I should start burying myself in youtube videos and see if I can fix that.

One quick slice fix to check on is that you're not letting your hips slide out to the left on the down swing. Try this. Address the ball in your normal stance. Now, while holding the club directly behind the ball just like you were about to pull the trigger, let your hips move to the left and watch the club face open as you do. Now, slide on back to your original position and watch the club square up again.

If a hip slide is indeed the problem, you'll never fix it with your grip. You need to stay behind the ball. At the range, try swinging easily with mostly an arm swing and don't slide forward.

Reactions: ill

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bummed today. Our pro talked to Phil and asked if we were playing this weekend 'cause he wanted to join us again. So he and Phil and my other regular bud Joe are teeing it up at 3:00 today.

Problem is that we're committed to going to play my friend Dave's course near Hartford tomorrow. With my hip/leg/knee issues, I can't play 36 holes in two days.....I'll be for shit tomorrow if I try to play today.

So I'm gonna miss play with the pro day :(

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm teeing off at 2:00pm

c700x420.jpg

Keney_Park_-_Hole_9_Green_After.jpg

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I had the finest first half of golf. Hit 5 of the first 6 greens and then bladed an approach into 7 that made triple (almost a lost ball). I managed a par on the very tough 9th to card a 39 on the front. I wasn't trying to play conservatively on the back but I was fatigued and I made three doubles in a row for an 84. Not bad though, pretty tough 18.

Gotta tell you about the greatest moment though. Some of you might recall me suggesting that everyone put their initials on their ball. I've been doing it for years and a couple of times it's really payed off...like yesterday. On 5 I hit into the rough between 4 and 5 and as I approach I see my ball lying where I would expect it to be. Then this old lady who's coming up #4 sees my ball and as I get to it, she's picked it up and put it in her pocket. I said maam, I believe you picked up my ball. Oh no she replies, it was my friend's provisional she just hit there. I gave another look around and then I was certain that she had my ball and I was furious. I was playing well and this old hag was gonna get me sent back to the tee.

Before she moved on I approached her and said Maam, will you please show me the ball you picked up? So she reaches into her pocket and pulls out the ball. It's a Calloway just like her friend had hit she announces. Yes I replied, just like the one I put my initials on as I pointed it out and told her my name. The look on her face! Oh I'm so sorry. I scolded her and said it's the weekend, don't pick up balls on the course.

Then the best part....I dropped it and was still 215 out and had to hook my 3 wood. I killed it and it hit the front bank and jumped up to 20ft and I made par!

You can put a dot or a line or some other mark on your ball but when it comes down to situations like this, you cannot beat the certainty of your personal initials. I write them small right beside the number and I really think everyone should do it.

So an awesome round. I hit about 8 or 9 really amazing iron shots but I'm sore as hell today!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I had the finest first half of golf. Hit 5 of the first 6 greens and then bladed an approach into 7 that made triple (almost a lost ball). I managed a par on the very tough 9th to card a 39 on the front. I wasn't trying to play conservatively on the back but I was fatigued and I made three doubles in a row for an 84. Not bad though, pretty tough 18.

Gotta tell you about the greatest moment though. Some of you might recall me suggesting that everyone put their initials on their ball. I've been doing it for years and a couple of times it's really payed off...like yesterday. On 5 I hit into the rough between 4 and 5 and as I approach I see my ball lying where I would expect it to be. Then this old lady who's coming up #4 sees my ball and as I get to it, she's picked it up and put it in her pocket. I said maam, I believe you picked up my ball. Oh no she replies, it was my friend's provisional she just hit there. I gave another look around and then I was certain that she had my ball and I was furious. I was playing well and this old hag was gonna get me sent back to the tee.

Before she moved on I approached her and said Maam, will you please show me the ball you picked up? So she reaches into her pocket and pulls out the ball. It's a Calloway just like her friend had hit she announces. Yes I replied, just like the one I put my initials on as I pointed it out and told her my name. The look on her face! Oh I'm so sorry. I scolded her and said it's the weekend, don't pick up balls on the course.

Then the best part....I dropped it and was still 215 out and had to hook my 3 wood. I killed it and it hit the front bank and jumped up to 20ft and I made par!

You can put a dot or a line or some other mark on your ball but when it comes down to situations like this, you cannot beat the certainty of your personal initials. I write them small right beside the number and I really think everyone should do it.

So an awesome round. I hit about 8 or 9 really amazing iron shots but I'm sore as hell today!

Good showing on a new track.

Spot on about the ball...we all mark our balls differently, but I'm the only one that adds initials. There are no holes that run parallel at the home track so it would be near impossible for someone to pick up your ball, or even need to be looking for a ball on your hole.

But, we don't always play the home course. We've have a situation where a ball was hit and where almost certain it should been left of the 150 marker the rough and we never found it. It may have been further left than we thought, but should've easily found it. I think the group playing the next hole picked it up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...the last 3 weeks was no golf, 2 weeks ago 41-43 with a +5 9 on the back nine (#17).

This past Saturday, 42-43 with a +5 9 on #17.

I've probably mentioned this hole before...#17...par 5, 505 yds, it's a wide landing area, but OB left and OB right from the tee to green. Coming off an elevated tee box, you ball seems to drift further in whatever direction it's going. Back to back weeks, I hit it OB off the tee, got my 3rd in play, and hit my 4th OB.

We had beautiful fall temps on Sat. but this week the freakin heat is coming back...94 deg projected for this Sat...(normally it's low 80s high 70s this time of year.