• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 2: (2) Pittsburgh v. (1) Washington

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also a liability Corsi wise if he isn't paired with John Carlson. Even then he brings Carlson down a bit.

Ahh, memories. Even in his peak he wasn't a great puck possession guy, and the whole going for the hit thing still pisses me off. He's just a breed of defenseman that doesn't age well.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, memories. Even in his peak he wasn't a great puck possession guy, and the whole going for the hit thing still pisses me off. He's just a breed of defenseman that doesn't age well.

He's a leader though...

/usually leads with a high elbow.
:behindsofa:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a leader though...

/usually leads with a high elbow.
:behindsofa:

Hey now...Orpik wasn't/isn't bad. Obviously not perfect, but for a guy that hits as much as he does he's only had a few incidents.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now...Orpik wasn't/isn't bad. Obviously not perfect, but for a guy that hits as much as he does he's only had a few incidents.
When your teammate is Matt Cooke it's easy for your own bullshit to fly under the radar.

Helps when your owner puts out bullshit hypocritical statements, apparently.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your teammate is Matt Cooke it's easy for your own bullshit to fly under the radar.

Helps when your owner puts out bullshit hypocritical statements, apparently.

Hey, without Matt Cooke we wouldn't have such great rules protecting players!

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a game to step up!

But I'll try.

Hey, @elocomotive! Your team produces a lot of methane and carbon dioxide not because they actually do like all organisms but because they're of the same quality as rotting fruit!

Did I do that right?

Go consume a falice!

;)

Nitrogenx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah its going to be a great series ovi vs sid

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least last time they met up in the playoffs the marketing paid off. I have a feeling this series will be one where a guy like Rust or Beagle goes crazy and becomes the story line.

Jay Beagle had 2 goals in the first series. He's golden for the playoffs in my book.

Theory of due says Kuznetsov and Burakovsky are set for a big series.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Beagle had 2 goals in the first series. He's golden for the playoffs in my book.

Theory of due says Kuznetsov and Burakovsky are set for a big series.
Kuznetsov is quite streaky lately so hopefully for the Penguins sake he doesn't turn into a scoring machine. I had him on my fantasy team this year and he was unbelievable this year outside of the last month of the regular season. When he is on top of his game, he can take over a game and rack up points fast.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuznetsov is quite streaky lately so hopefully for the Penguins sake he doesn't turn into a scoring machine. I had him on my fantasy team this year and he was unbelievable this year outside of the last month of the regular season. When he is on top of his game, he can take over a game and rack up points fast.
Yeah I agree. Since the Flyers are a physical team I think he got off his game in the first round. If the Penguins give him space to get his confidence back up he is the one I am worried about the most.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this series could come down to who is able to play their style of hockey more/who is more effective at their style of hockey. The Pens are a fast team, the Caps are a big team. Pens are going to use their speed to create chances on the rush. Caps are going to look to forecheck and get on the cycle. Both teams are good at their style. Should be a hell of a series.

Last edited:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know in the NHL videogames where you can sim them ahead? I want to do that...because this stress isn't healthy. Let's just jump ahead and see where we are in, let's say, 3 games.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I think with teams like LA, Chicago, and Anaheim eliminated, if the Caps are going to get that elusive first Stanley Cup, things are aligning quite nicely. That said, I fully expect this series against the Pens to go the distance and anything can happen in a game 7.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I think with teams like LA, Chicago, and Anaheim eliminated, if the Caps are going to get that elusive first Stanley Cup, things are aligning quite nicely. That said, I fully expect this series against the Pens to go the distance and anything can happen in a game 7.
I want the Capitals to win but I think I know how this series ends. I think we all do. The Penguins beat the Capitals in the playoffs. It just happens.

Sorry guys. I know what I am talking about. I have the Panthers winning it all in my pool.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not gonna lie, if the Pens don't win, I think a Sharks-Caps final would be delightful. Either way, someone is getting that first Cup and someone's soul will be crushed.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the good old Alexa vs Cindy debate to start up again tonight live...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, if the Pens don't win, I think a Sharks-Caps final would be delightful. Either way, someone is getting that first Cup and someone's soul will be crushed.
That would be a fun series to watch, along with the Stars-Caps.

Now if for some act of god it ended up Blues-Isles would anyone watch?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a fun series to watch, along with the Stars-Caps.

Now if for some act of god it ended up Blues-Isles would anyone watch?

Wysh over at Puck Daddy was talking about that today. Just how the league may feel about certain match ups. Obviously they're over the moon about this matchup, but after this it's not as sexy of a sell. Pens have the biggest national pull because they've made it so, and Caps would get good numbers too. But if it ends up being NSH-TB they'd probably jump off a bridge. Isles have a big market, but they don't really have a big market following. Don't get me wrong, solid fan base, but it's not the Rangers wet dream that the league loves.