• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Round 1: Philly vs Washington

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, caught the first 16 minutes of the game on my break at work today. Came home excited to watch the rest of it, and then that fucking stanchion. That was the sign from God telling me, eh, maybe not gonna win this game.

I'm aware there was some type of bad thing by the Flyers towards the end, because in the course of broken-heartedly fast forwarding through the rest of the game after the stanchion goal I noticed the Caps got a 5 minute power play (which I assume they converted on like seventeen times), but I didn't stop to see what it was, because either it was going to be a bad call and I'd be mad, or a good call and I'd be sad that my team did something stupid.

Well, time to try to replicate that whole coming back from 3-0 thing. Not as hopeful as I was when we actually succeeded against Boston though.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, caught the first 16 minutes of the game on my break at work today. Came home excited to watch the rest of it, and then that fucking stanchion. That was the sign from God telling me, eh, maybe not gonna win this game.

I'm aware there was some type of bad thing by the Flyers towards the end, because in the course of broken-heartedly fast forwarding through the rest of the game after the stanchion goal I noticed the Caps got a 5 minute power play (which I assume they converted on like seventeen times), but I didn't stop to see what it was, because either it was going to be a bad call and I'd be mad, or a good call and I'd be sad that my team did something stupid.

Well, time to try to replicate that whole coming back from 3-0 thing. Not as hopeful as I was when we actually succeeded against Boston though.

At least there's solace knowing the Caps have never won a series they led 3-0...

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How satisfying it was to embarrass this group of thugs in front of their thug fan base when fan behavior actually led to another power play and contributed to the ass kicking. Bad rap my ass, they screwed up a moment of silence for their own damn owner. I hate every Philly team and last night was the reason why.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least there's solace knowing the Caps have never won a series they led 3-0...

I think that it is time to retire the whole mantra about what the Caps did in previous years. For better or worse - this is a completely different team. Different players, more talent, tougher, better mindset, etc. No guarantees on anything, but this is a very formidable squad.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Orpik?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct. They have never led a playoff series 3-0 so they have never won a series they have led 3-0.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are correct. They have never led a playoff series 3-0 so they have never won a series they have led 3-0.

Actually, you're both wrong. Caps have led best of 5 series 3-0 before and they have won every time!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really? The same wrist bands that are supposed to be honoring Ed Snider?

Well, in a way that was honoring Ed Snider. Completely losing your shit when things don't go your way...

That was completely emasculating for the Flyers. That may be the worst coming unglued I have ever seen in hockey. And what struck me was when they scanned the Flyers bench. The faces of guys like Simmons and Giroux. Shaking their heads. The look on Simmons' face just screamed "get me out of here".

Some of those players I can respect. Simmons plays hard with a nice edge. Giroux, Ghostbear, Jake Voracek, etc. But a guy like Gudas is fucking useless in today's NHL. And Bellemaire should sit for a real long time. Looking at the replay he looked at Orlov's back for almost two seconds before driving him into the boards.

Also, before we start talking about the number of times in recent history a team has come back from being down 3-0 in a series. The last two teams to do it had one thing in common:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZQZPbAqsXgqCsV0ygEpYnWPtelxmddpoocpxcGxTcfY-s2ISwWw.jpg

And he plays for the other guys now.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Video evidence of this so-called "bad rap".

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the bad rap for Philly isn't that they threw shit on the ice. They're hardly the first fans to act with such stupidity.

The bad rap is that they threw shit onto the field of play for the umpteenth time.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the bad rap for Philly isn't that they threw shit on the ice. They're hardly the first fans to act with such stupidity.

The bad rap is that they threw shit onto the field of play for the umpteenth time.

Have to keep up their street cred as badasses.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Things develop quickly in the playoffs, but this is the one that had the most chance of exploding. And Game 1 was exactly what I expected. I am thinking Game 3 back in Philly, the league better send their best officiating crew.

Can't say I was surprised while watching Game 3 :D