• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Moves

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of this has already been stated, but a lot of the moves today have been ignored, so I thought I'd update on who exactly was cut and the other moves to get us to 75.

IR:

Sealver Siliga, DT

Cut:
Brandon Browner, CB
Zac Brooks, RB
DeAngelo Tyson, DE
Montario Hunter, WR
Deshon Foxx, WR
Kyle Coleman, FB
Kristjan Sokoli, OL

So, that's 8 moves - so 7 more to go before tomorrow's deadline.

It appears Seattle is also fielding trade offers for Patrick Lewis - so I would think that Britt and Hunt would be the 2 centers on the roster (if they carry 2 centers).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Sokoli actually get cut? Thought it was just anticipated.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing really earth shattering there. The only somewhat surprising cut was Browner, but as I mentioned in the other thread, that's more because of how early he was cut than that he was cut at all.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browner move I'll take as a vote of confidence for McCray at backup SS and some of the other younger CBs. Somewhat interesting at least that neither BB nor CC made the final 53 after the team brought them back for a second go-around. Young man's game.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My Sokoli source

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More moves:

Waived/injured/cut:
George Farmer, RB
Trovon Reed, DB
Josh Shirley, DE
Kevin Smith, WR
Quayshawn Nealy, LB
Pete Robertson, LB
Patrick Lewis, C

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawler makes the team... Casey could be on his way out imo... Smith was something we saw coming due to him being injured...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lewis being cut, who do they have backing up Britt at center? I haven't really been paying much attention to that position's depth.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Lewis being cut, who do they have backing up Britt at center? I haven't really been paying much attention to that position's depth.

They drafted Hunt - but I haven't heard much about him from camp - though with Lewis, I didn't expect to need to....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They drafted Hunt - but I haven't heard much about him from camp - though with Lewis, I didn't expect to need to....

To be honest, I forgot about Hunt, but if they're cutting Lewis, then I guess he showed enough while playing center for Boykin both in college and in camp here to warrant dumping Lewis. They must also be very impressed with Britt's transition to center if they're not even going to carry an experienced NFL center as a backup going into the season. Then again, I wouldn't put it past Schneider and Carroll to do some last minute roster reconfiguring by snatching up a veteran center before regular season rosters have to be finalized.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I forgot about Hunt, but if they're cutting Lewis, then I guess he showed enough while playing center for Boykin both in college and in camp here to warrant dumping Lewis. They must also be very impressed with Britt's transition to center if they're not even going to carry an experienced NFL center as a backup going into the season. Then again, I wouldn't put it past Schneider and Carroll to do some last minute roster reconfiguring by snatching up a veteran center before regular season rosters have to be finalized.

Britt is a monster of a man at center and has just blown people up most of the time in the running game. Now we have seen his issues with snaps ( low and wide ) but this is all new to him so i expect nothing but improvement. Dude is a beast at center, this move more than likely saved his career. Hunt has looked really good and i have been watching him. he is a little weak at the point of attack but he does get to the second level a lot, He just isn't going to blow people off the line much. Looks a little small to be playing in the NFL for some reason to me but his technique is solid. If you could put Hunts experience and Technique at center and Britts power, size and motor we would have the perfect Center. Best Center we have ever had if we could do that lol.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawler makes the team... Casey could be on his way out imo... Smith was something we saw coming due to him being injured...

I don't see it, for 2 reasons:
1. They'll keep 4 TEs (Graham, Willson, Vannett, Williams), which makes it much harder to keep 6 WRs (you're either keeping only 4 RBs or only 8 OL, and I don't think either of those is realistic).
2. Lawler offers nothing on special teams, which will be the primary job for WR5.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Britt is a monster of a man at center and has just blown people up most of the time in the running game. Now we have seen his issues with snaps ( low and wide ) but this is all new to him so i expect nothing but improvement. Dude is a beast at center, this move more than likely saved his career. Hunt has looked really good and i have been watching him. he is a little weak at the point of attack but he does get to the second level a lot, He just isn't going to blow people off the line much. Looks a little small to be playing in the NFL for some reason to me but his technique is solid. If you could put Hunts experience and Technique at center and Britts power, size and motor we would have the perfect Center. Best Center we have ever had if we could do that lol.
Good post. I agree.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it, for 2 reasons:
1. They'll keep 4 TEs (Graham, Willson, Vannett, Williams), which makes it much harder to keep 6 WRs (you're either keeping only 4 RBs or only 8 OL, and I don't think either of those is realistic).
2. Lawler offers nothing on special teams, which will be the primary job for WR5.
Lawler makes the PS, IMO

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing really earth shattering there. The only somewhat surprising cut was Browner, but as I mentioned in the other thread, that's more because of how early he was cut than that he was cut at all.

There's a chance PC/JS could bring him back. It's a small chance but still could happen.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance PC/JS could bring him back. It's a small chance but still could happen.

I think it would take multiple injuries or multiple early season meltdowns against tight ends for them to consider it. And even then, they'd probably look to the guys on the practice squad first before looking anywhere else for help.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Lewis was claimed by the Bills.