• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roster Help

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something about Shanny really liking Tevin coleman with Mitchell out.
depends on who u believe:suds:

The Athletic's Matt Barrows believes Tevin Coleman could play a big role in the 49ers backfield with Elijah Mitchell out.​

"Never underestimate Shanahan’s fondness for veteran Tevin Coleman" is the direct quote. Coleman had a 8/23/1 rushing line and a 3/44/1 receiving line in Week 5 against the Panthers and could be elevated off the practice squad. Jordan Mason took backup snaps on Sunday in part because Coleman wasn't elevated and Tyrion Davis-Price was a healthy scratch. It's possible that the 49ers only bring up one of those players for Week 13 -- it's also possible both have a role if Christian McCaffrey's knee discomfort is more than it seems. Coleman is worth a waiver wire claim in deeper leagues.

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said Christian McCaffrey is day to day with "knee irritation."​

McCaffrey dealt with the knee issue last week, though it never forced him to leave the game. He totaled 15 touches while splitting work with Elijah Mitchell, who is now out for the remainder of the regular season with a knee injury. McCaffrey appears on track to play in Week 13, but his workload could be kept in check. If he does wind up splitting work, it will be worth Jordan Mason. The UDFA from Georgia Tech has yet to make an impact as a rookie, but he is in line for the No. 2 role now. Mason should be rostered in all fantasy formats.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like you're mostly looking for RB cuffs to shore up your roster but like someone said earlier, you have enough good RB depth that I wouldn't worry too much about this. The chances of multiple guys (and their cuffs actually being useful) are slim. But if you are that worried about not having back up options in case of injury, I do think it'd be worthwhile to carry another QB just in case. Grab the best one available now so if you get in the playoffs and something happens to Lamar, you're not stuck with just the scraps. With the Colts D and Kyren Williams, either one is an easy cut to carry another QB. Of the options you said were available, I'd go Jimmy G. I assume Watson isn't available