• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose Bowl -USC -Penn State

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a game thread ,just wanted to start one about the game from a fan of one the teams , not that idiot.

Would like to hear from Penn State fans what they think their chances are. I know we will get the usual USCs basically at home slant which is true, there's no denying that's an advantage. But what's usually a big factor in bowls is if one of the teams feels like they got jobbed and should be playing somewhere else. The Rose bowl usually is one of the games both teams are happy to get invited to, but this year I don't know if thats the case with Penn State. Will Penn State come with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove because not only did they get left out of the playoff, Vegas has them as a touchdown dog to a lower raked team? Or will they be bummed about the diss and not be ready to play?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it sucks for Penn State that they got screwed by the playoff committee, but I personally am thrilled. This puts USC against the best team in the Big 10. And of the four teams that got in to the playoffs, USC and Penn State handed them 2/3 of their losses.

If Penn State wins this game they should finish no worse than #3 and probably #2, USC wins and SC might finish as high as #6. End of the season rankings are not that important but its always cool to be a big climber in the rankings over being listed as one of the most overrated teams.