• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rose Bowl Advice - BCS Game

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very fortunate in that I have tickets and going to the game so I am looking for advice from some of you that have been to the Rose Bowl for games. For example:

1. Doesn't look like there are any bars or restaurants close and since I am traveling from Birmingham creating my own tailgate really isn't practical.

2. Driving in from San Diego so how long should I plan on traveling with traffic (I've heard triple whatever google maps tells you the travel time is)?

3. Things to do around the stadium?

I thought some of you PAC/B1G guys might have some tips or the Bammers or Longhorns that went in 2009 might have some ideas. I've googled BCS Championship Game Tailgates (note I'm willing to pay for a quality venue) but all I'm getting is fanfare crap, pep rallies or open to the public stuff for the masses. I want a booze and food venue that is tightly controlled, fun and comfortable and yes I am a big spoiled baby and I don't care.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very fortunate in that I have tickets and going to the game so I am looking for advice from some of you that have been to the Rose Bowl for games. For example:

1. Doesn't look like there are any bars or restaurants close and since I am traveling from Birmingham creating my own tailgate really isn't practical.

2. Driving in from San Diego so how long should I plan on traveling with traffic (I've heard triple whatever google maps tells you the travel time is)?

3. Things to do around the stadium?

I thought some of you PAC/B1G guys might have some tips or the Bammers or Longhorns that went in 2009 might have some ideas. I've googled BCS Championship Game Tailgates (note I'm willing to pay for a quality venue) but all I'm getting is fanfare crap, pep rallies or open to the public stuff for the masses. I want a booze and food venue that is tightly controlled, fun and comfortable and yes I am a big spoiled baby and I don't care.

There is not much around the stadium. Bring what you need. Parking is $50. Traffic will suck. I am going to try getting on one of the buses to the stadium.