• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rory vs Brooks...Rivalry?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks Koepka downplays notion of 'rivalry' with Rory McIlroy

Brooks says "I have all the majors" since we've both been on tour together...so in his mind, no rivalry.

Your thoughts?

IMO, idt rivalry is the right word, but with Rory winning the Tour version of POTY, the media will certainly do it's job to make it one.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NNo rivalry

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a handful of players at the top who could win with their A game. Not sure anyone beats Brooks if he has his A game though. Brooks is correct on the majors and Rory missed the cut at 1 or 2 majors this past year? I forgot

Interesting how Rory wins POY with no majors

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s a handful of players at the top who could win with their A game. Not sure anyone beats Brooks if he has his A game though. Brooks is correct on the majors and Rory missed the cut at 1 or 2 majors this past year? I forgot

Interesting how Rory wins POY with no majors

I agree with Brooks, but I do understand how Rory's 3 PGAT wins including overtaking Koepka at the Tour Championship vaulted him to POTY...tour version.

Koepka's comments about not really practicing for reg. PGAT events (in other words dissing the PGAT events in a round about way) I'm sure that didn't sit well with the powers that be. Rory got close enough this year for them to give it to him instead.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting tired of hearing Koepka talk, but this is the society were in - it's just accepted that you can talk tough and be an asshole, and people think you're cool. You can downplay the notion of a rivalry without dismissing a guy like McIlroy, who by most accounts, represents the tour and himself in a high manner. The great thing about pro golf is that these guys for the most part act like gentlemen...for the most part.

Just another reason to pull more for McIlroy to get Augusta plus more majors.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting tired of hearing Koepka talk, but this is the society were in - it's just accepted that you can talk tough and be an asshole, and people think you're cool. You can downplay the notion of a rivalry without dismissing a guy like McIlroy, who by most accounts, represents the tour and himself in a high manner. The great thing about pro golf is that these guys for the most part act like gentlemen...for the most part.

Just another reason to pull more for McIlroy to get Augusta plus more majors.

I have my favorites, but I never really root for pro golfers. Admittedly I've looked at Koepka as a breath of fresh air on tour. Even though I'm sure he's answering somebody's question, some things are better off not said and I think his comments on the rivalry fall in that category.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For there to be a rivalry, me thinks both sides need to win every once in a while. Rory is not good when going head-to-head...he chokes.
Brooks not so much.
No rivalry....Brooks is better.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again the media is trying to make nothing into something

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
once again the media is trying to make nothing into something

When Koepka's comments were told to Rory...I thought his response was spot on.

He said..."it's true, I haven't won a major since he's been on tour"...but apparently he and Brooks are friends and he easily shook it off realizing that Brooks was asked a question that was his response.

This is definitely the golf media trying to throw some fuel on it...but there is no fire.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Koepka's comments were told to Rory...I thought his response was spot on.

He said..."it's true, I haven't won a major since he's been on tour"...but apparently he and Brooks are friends and he easily shook it off realizing that Brooks was asked a question that was his response.

This is definitely the golf media trying to throw some fuel on it...but there is no fire.

Exactly. Trying to make a mountain of a mole hole