• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rondo Done in Dallas?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Mavericks rule out point guard Rajon Rondo indefinitely

The Dallas Mavericks are ruling out Rajon Rondo indefinitely, citing a back injury Rondo sustained Tuesday night at Houston, the team said Wednesday.

When asked Wednesday if he expects Rondo, who is a free agent this summer, to be in a Mavericks uniform next season, coach Rick Carlisle replied: "No, I don't."

Rondo played only 34 seconds in the second half of Dallas' Game 2 loss, benched by Carlisle after picking up two quick fouls, while defending James Harden, as well as a technical. The former All-Star logged just under 10 minutes of court time for the whole game.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why I don't want Rondo on the Lakers.

That Champion from the Celtics Rondo is not the same Rondo of today. Physically and mentally.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Champion from the Celtics Rondo is not the same Rondo of today. Physically and mentally.

Heck, he wasn't the same Rondo with the Celtics after the Championship

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully, the "champion" Rondo isn't even the Rondo everyone thinks about. When the Cs won, Rondo was still getting benched quite a lot. It's not like he was a driving force. He was very much just a role player. Eddie House had just as much to do with it as Rondo did. Rondo peaked in the two years after that in 09 and 10. But since then, he's been hit or miss, mostly miss. He'll never reach his peak and with his skillset, he's nothing more than a routine starter. If you're hoping for him to be you #1 guy, or 2 or even 3, you aren't going anywhere but to the drug store to pick up some Tylenol for your massive headache.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors swirling that he quit on the team and refused to play.

How many times do I have to say it?

Former Celtics = malignant cancer

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if Rondo cleaned out his locker and if he will even be in the arena friday night?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors swirling that he quit on the team and refused to play.

How many times do I have to say it?

Former Celtics = malignant cancer

Not sure how Dallas didn't see this coming

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
finally...

everyone else is seeing the rondo we had here.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he was hidden here, and caged here, by pierce and KG (and ray ray and doc to a lesser extent)

he was a horrible malcontent here after those guys all left, it was nearly immediate.

hes been like this back to kentucky, ask tubby smith.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let the door hit ya fool!!

th

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was hidden here, and caged here, by pierce and KG (and ray ray and doc to a lesser extent)

he was a horrible malcontent here after those guys all left, it was nearly immediate.

hes been like this back to kentucky, ask tubby smith.

LOL

KG and Pierce tutored him on being a cancer. He learned from the best in the business.

"They're just passionate "

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

KG and Pierce tutored him on being a cancer. He learned from the best in the business.

"They're just passionate "

KG and pierce kept rondo under control here.

FYI, rondo isnt on the celtics anymore. he is no longer your personal enemy.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KG and pierce kept rondo under control here.

FYI, rondo isnt on the celtics anymore. he is no longer your personal enemy.

c'mon man you know how HD operates. Even if a player is no longer in Boston it doesn't matter.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much money did this jackass just cost himself this season? 30? 35? 40 mil?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
c'mon man you know how HD operates. Even if a player is no longer in Boston it doesn't matter.

So you're saying the only reason HD has an opinion is because he played for Boston. Just like you right?

I saw a graphic somewhere last night and it showed the Celtics and Mavs respective winning percentages with and without Rondo. Now, I know there's more to that stat than meets the eye, but when both teams have markedly higher winning percentages without Rondo, it does paint a clear picture.

More...

1. Cuban is not as smart as everyone suggest as he tries to build a team through free agency every year and gives away draft pics.
2. Carlisle is not this great coach everyone suggest he is. He was let go in Detroit and took Larry Brown to come in and get that team over the hump. The title he won in Dallas had more to do with J Kid finally talking Carlisle into letting them run a flow offense after they butted heads much like we seen with Carlisle and Rondo.
3. Dirk and Monta are liabilities on defense. Dirk can't guard anyone so any team we face will put him in a pick and roll situation. Monta just stands around and is not an alert player on defense. The players that play hard don't get enough playing time. This team has been frustrating to watch since 2011 when Mark and Donnie thought it was smart to blow up a championship team because they believe it to be to old. Two words "San Antonio"!

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying the only reason HD has an opinion is because he played for Boston. Just like you right?

I saw a graphic somewhere last night and it showed the Celtics and Mavs respective winning percentages with and without Rondo. Now, I know there's more to that stat than meets the eye, but when both teams have markedly higher winning percentages without Rondo, it does paint a clear picture.

More...

1. Cuban is not as smart as everyone suggest as he tries to build a team through free agency every year and gives away draft pics.
2. Carlisle is not this great coach everyone suggest he is. He was let go in Detroit and took Larry Brown to come in and get that team over the hump. The title he won in Dallas had more to do with J Kid finally talking Carlisle into letting them run a flow offense after they butted heads much like we seen with Carlisle and Rondo.
3. Dirk and Monta are liabilities on defense. Dirk can't guard anyone so any team we face will put him in a pick and roll situation. Monta just stands around and is not an alert player on defense. The players that play hard don't get enough playing time. This team has been frustrating to watch since 2011 when Mark and Donnie thought it was smart to blow up a championship team because they believe it to be to old. Two words "San Antonio"!

WRONG! I was referring to him constantly being critical of any team in Boston and any player that plays or played in Boston, and Rock's comment about Rondo not being in Boston anymore.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The collection of "oh yeah, I forgot about him" players with somewhat larger than deserved name recognition:

Monta Ellis
Rajon Rondo
Amare Stoudemire
Richard Jefferson
JJ Barea
Raymond Felton
Charlie Villaneuva
Tyson Chandler
Devin Harris

All of these guys were "Almost Stars" who signed big money deals elsewhere and somehow ended up in Dallas after never living up to their contracts.

I am not sure what the plan is for this team.

But, I picked Dallas to beat Houston which might have been more wishful thinking.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The collection of "oh yeah, I forgot about him" players with somewhat larger than deserved name recognition:

Monta Ellis
Rajon Rondo
Amare Stoudemire
Richard Jefferson
JJ Barea
Raymond Felton
Charlie Villaneuva
Tyson Chandler
Devin Harris

All of these guys were "Almost Stars" who signed big money deals elsewhere and somehow ended up in Dallas after never living up to their contracts.

I am not sure what the plan is for this team.

But, I picked Dallas to beat Houston which might have been more wishful thinking.
It was to have a couple of them hit. J kidd and the Matrix werent exactly studs when Dallas won it all but it all fit together perfectly. Monta Ellis is a good player but the rest is a mess....even Chandler at this point isnt who probably want right now because its hard to tell how much he has left in the tank. But you figure as long as they have Ellis, Dirk and Chandler they'll be able to put something together as long as the other pieces fit those 3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want him on my team. Feel bad for who ever signs him.