• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Annual Top 50 NBA Players List (Year 6)

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, Shawn Marion is a champion and he had a very good year this year. That is why he made my list.

Nobody is saying Marion didn't have a good season. The question is, did he have a better season than 50 other players? I personally don't think he had a better season than Greg Monroe who you left off the list. Here is a comparison of their season stats:

Marion: Games Played 67, Points per game 12.1, FG% 51.4%, Rebounds per game 7.8, assists per game 2.4, steals per game 1.1, blocks per game 0.7

Monroe: Games Played 81, Points per game 16.0, FG% 48.6%, Rebounds per game 9.6, assists per game 3.5, steals per game 1.3, blocks per game 0.7

Both players started every game they played. I think it's pretty clear Greg Monroe had a better season than Marion. The only category Marion was better in was FG% (and it's not a big difference).

Last edited by a moderator:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK moron, are we simply supposed to ignore the fact that Derrick Rose is still in the league and still one of the game's best players when he plays.

I also like Greg Monroe and thought last year at the time that he'd make my list this year. However, I'd like to see him become more assertive on the offensive end.

Bottom line is that I don't give extra credit to players who pad stats on mediocre/lousy teams.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
OK moron, are we simply supposed to ignore the fact that Derrick Rose is still in the league and still one of the game's best players when he plays.

I also like Greg Monroe and thought last year at the time that he'd make my list this year. However, I'd like to see him become more assertive on the offensive end.

Bottom line is that I don't give extra credit to players who pad stats on mediocre/lousy teams.

I didn't attack you personally, so don't do it to me please.

I just disagree with a few of the players on the list and I stated my reasons along with stats. I'm not the only one here who questions your list so I guess they are all morons for not agreeing also.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't play stupid with me Hoorse. I know you pride yourself on being a troll and you're going to be treated as such. You're fortunate that I explained my Rose position twice to a basketball numbskull like yourself.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
are we simply supposed to ignore the fact that Derrick Rose is still in the league and still one of the game's best players when he plays.

If he doesn't play one second in the season then yes he should not be given consideration. I don't think future potential or past season results should be taken into consideration.

And this is exactly why I think your list is flawed. You are bringing expectations into it instead of just grading the players based on this seasons performance. You may like to see Greg Monroe be more assertive, but the bottom line is his stats are better than Marion. You are doing the same thing with Rose.

thehoorse

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Don't play stupid with me Hoorse. I know you pride yourself on being a troll and you're going to be treated as such. You're fortunate that I explained my Rose position twice to a basketball numbskull like yourself.

There are times where I troll and there are times where I am trying to have a reasonable discussion. You should be able to tell the difference since I make it very obvious. In this case I think it's clear that I am not trolling. I'm making valid points on the flaws of your list using logical reasons and stats. They have also been pointed out by others, not just myself.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying Marion didn't have a good season. The question is, did he have a better season than 50 other players? I personally don't think he had a better season than Greg Monroe who you left off the list. Here is a comparison of their season stats:

Marion: Games Played 67, Points per game 12.1, FG% 51.4%, Rebounds per game 7.8, assists per game 2.4, steals per game 1.1, blocks per game 0.7

Monroe: Games Played 81, Points per game 16.0, FG% 48.6%, Rebounds per game 9.6, assists per game 3.5, steals per game 1.3, blocks per game 0.7

Both players started every game they played. I think it's pretty clear Greg Monroe had a better season than Marion. The only category Marion was better in was FG% (and it's not a big difference).

Horse, you're being way to kind here - What Hurricane is saying is that Shawn Marion was in the top 50 players. Now correct me if I am wrong but each team has a minium of 10 players even if they play an 8 man rotation. 30 teams x 10 players is about 300 players, so putting Shawn Marion in the top 50 is saying he was better then the remaining 250 players in the league minimum - And I do have an issue with that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes that does mean we are supposed to ignore that Derrick Rose is still in the league for several reasons.

1. He wasn't in the league this season and has not returned yet even though he is expected to return

2. You are forgetting that many players return after serious injuries and are never the same again. We don't know that Derek Rose will be the same player ever again and until he does come back and proves he is still just as good

We won't know

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't play one second in the season then yes he should not be given consideration. I don't think future potential or past season results should be taken into consideration.

And this is exactly why I think your list is flawed. You are bringing expectations into it instead of just grading the players based on this seasons performance. You may like to see Greg Monroe be more assertive, but the bottom line is his stats are better than Marion. You are doing the same thing with Rose.

Any woman in the WNBA would have better stats then Rose, his stats last year are all ZERO'S - HELLO!!!!!!!!!:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was too lazy to check more then the first page on espn for stats, but the first 39 or so are shown on the first page and here is the thing

35 top scoring leaders in the NBA - No Shawn Marion and No Derek Rose

35 top rebounding leaders in the NBA - No Shawn and No Derek Rose

35 top assists leaders in the NBA - No Shawn and no Derek Rose

35 top double double leaders in the NBA No Shawn and No Derek

Dismal free throw shooter at 78%, 1 block per game and 1.6 steels, but an average to good rebounder. In oder to be a legitimate top 30, he would need to get in the top 30 in something. What the hell do you think he was top in - Jacking off?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times where I troll and there are times where I am trying to have a reasonable discussion. You should be able to tell the difference since I make it very obvious. In this case I think it's clear that I am not trolling. I'm making valid points on the flaws of your list using logical reasons and stats. They have also been pointed out by others, not just myself.

If you pride yourself on being a troll, you're going to be treated like one. Respect is a two-way street, buddy.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is the old story that when you don't have a legitimate defense or argument, you hurl insults. The list of his top 50 players is basically a pile of shit and he knows it. Marion was barely a 12 ppg and 8 rpg per game. His 3 point shooting hasn't been that great since he left Phoenix and he wouldn't know what defense is if it slapped him in the face. In fact I would him in the bottom 50 players with Kwame Brown, Hedu Turkeglu and a few others

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to make a Top 50 list based on stats. I, on the other hand, am grading them based on their effectiveness and impact on a game.

Just because certain players didn't play much this year doesn't mean we're going to pretend they're not in the league.

If you don't like my list, you can always create your own. But then again, your probably don't have the knowledge of the game to do so.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That has always been an interesting argument - when they accuse a player of 'PADDING THE STATS", BUT THAT IS BULLSHIT, because points per game, rebounds and assists are stats but they also are stats that wins games and championships.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shawn Marion is more of a bottom 50 player if you ask me - marginally good to mediocre at the best