• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ronald Acuna

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually @Chewbaccer made a pretty solid analogy ... baseball players don't see race or nationality, they see uniforms.

No they absolutely do not and you must not be a minority in this country if you believe that

People should get along just because they're the same race is basically what you said.

that is part of it, and more so when you are in an environment where your race is the minority, Clemons and Piazza are not the minority.

Have any of you two ever worked overseas? I am currently working in China and with all the chinese people I work and make friends with, learn their language, adapt to their culture believe me I will NEVER be one of them. The little American expat community we do have here we all stick together and have each others backs. I cannot imagine being out here getting into fights with the same race of people born from the same country.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they absolutely do not and you must not be a minority in this country if you believe that

that is part of it, and more so when you are in an environment where your race is the minority, Clemons and Piazza are not the minority.

Have any of you two ever worked overseas? I am currently working in China and with all the chinese people I work and make friends with, learn their language, adapt to their culture believe me I will NEVER be one of them. The little American expat community we do have here we all stick together and have each others backs. I cannot imagine being out here getting into fights with the same race of people born from the same country.
People that say they don't see color are lying or blind.

Hispanic isn't a race anyway. Shit, I don't even know any Hispanics that use the term Hispanic. Or Latino. Mexicans don't like the Ricans. Ricans don't like the Dominicans. Guats hate the Mexicans. All
Speaka da Spanish. None of em give a shit. This is my expierience, as typically the token whiteass.

I understand what you were saying though.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People of the same race are allowed to not like each other.

Acuna is Venezuelan. Urena is Dominican. Notionality plays a part too.

And our white manager called Acuna his son and the white, black and latin players on the Braves all call Acuna and Ozzie their little brothers. The team you play for plays a big part as well.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People of the same race are allowed to not like each other.

Acuna is Venezuelan. Urena is Dominican. Notionality plays a part too.

And our white manager called Acuna his son and the white, black and latin players on the Braves all call Acuna and Ozzie their little brothers. The team you play for plays a big part as well.

I see what you are saying about the manager and the team but what I am saying is deeper than that. Acuna will be all around Atlanta living there. He doesnt speak english very well, he is in a completely foreign environment, money exchanges, sending money home, what to do and what not to do. Believe me its the other spanish veteran players that know the exact feeling of how it is coming from another country. If you watch basketball it is very well known that Dirk Nowinski a European player helps and mentors Kristops Porzingis and Luka Doric. He knows what its like being a white eurpean basketball player coming from Europe and playing in a league dominated by black players.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marlins hit him again....

CLEARLY intentional again.....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be disappointed in the Braves if we don't have an all out brawl before the end of weekend

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be disappointed in the Braves if we don't have an all out brawl before the end of weekend

I don't think that one was intentional. We beaned one of their players for good measure though.

We have everything to lose, Marlins have nothing to lose, we can't afford to get anyone suspended.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that one was intentional. We beaned one of their players for good measure though.

We have everything to lose, Marlins have nothing to lose, we can't afford to get anyone suspended.

The Biddle pitch to Anderson last inning looked intentional to me.

upload_2018-8-23_21-54-59.jpeg

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly did it even hit him? It looked like it bounced between his legs and then got by the catcher.

It was a glancing blow if it did. Not worth arguing though. Nick Markakis had a ball kick up chalk down the left field line that was called foul, and it was upheld by replay. That's my biggest annoyment of the night.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a glancing blow if it did. Not worth arguing though. Nick Markakis had a ball kick up chalk down the left field line that was called foul, and it was upheld by replay. That's my biggest annoyment of the night.

I saw that. It definitely hit the chalk.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so it looks to me like the marlins are trying to end Acunas career. Just look at that great swing and how he can hit a pitch a long ways anywhere in the zone. If I was a braves pitcher I would bean as many marlins as possible today.

Acuna is easily the best braves prospect since chipper. He is doing to the marlins what chipper did to the mets. Acuna is a beast

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acuna got his revenge off Urena last night. Opposite field line drive homer, and he admired it, did a Bautista style bat flip and took his time rounding the bases. I finally have closure on the whole situation.

I still wish he would have ridden the bat around the bases like a toy pony.