• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ron Gardenhire FIRED!

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Gardy retired or was fired and don't much care. What I do recognize is it would be near impossible to believe anyone else could have done better than he did during the yrs he was there. IMO the guy should have been the mgr. there for as long as he wanted. Winning is not at the top of the list and hasn't been since the 80's. But a guy like Gardy is trying to win day in day out no matter who he has. The guy owes no one an apology. He's a helluva baseball man in my book and did as well as could have been done.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Gardy retired or was fired and don't much care. What I do recognize is it would be near impossible to believe anyone else could have done better than he did during the yrs he was there. IMO the guy should have been the mgr. there for as long as he wanted. Winning is not at the top of the list and hasn't been since the 80's. But a guy like Gardy is trying to win day in day out no matter who he has. The guy owes no one an apology. He's a helluva baseball man in my book and did as well as could have been done.

I agree. He was a good manager that probably got those teams that won the division to overachieve some. They were always overmatched once the postseason rolled around, due to lack of starting pitching outside of Santana and then Liriano.

His small ball mentality probably played a little bit of it, though, and maybe even cost them a game or two.

It was time for a change, to at least change the culture.