• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romos successor is in this draft

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most years I am not impressed with the 2nd tier QB prospects. There will be a good QB on the board when the Cowboys pick. Savage has been mentioned on here several times. If he is there in the 2nd I think you have to take him. He has the big arm. More importantly he has good pocket awareness and is good at extending plays. It is time to build for the future as this team has no chance at making a deep playoff run.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to wait until @ least next year to take a QB that high. There could be another coaching staff & I prefer they pick their own QB not one that is inherited.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In recent week's the 2nd, tier QB's have climbed the draft boards. I can't see us spending anything more than a 4 on any QB. It's entirely QB. It's still possible a few of those 2nd tier guys drop. If Savage drops to the 4th or Murray 4/5 I hope get one. If not take a QB in the 7th.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to make our picks count but we have to start grooming Romo's successors.
These kids could use least a season of clip board holding to be really ready.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree unless it's a flyer on one with one of their 7th rounders

I mostly agree. But if one of the mid round guys fall into the 5th I can see it happening. I would be shocked if we go QB in the 4th or earlier.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys have to seriously consider taking a QB in or after the 4th round Especially if Murray is there. Orton's future is rumored to be up in the air. Weeden hasn't proved he can play at this level and Romo coming off of back surgery at least makes him a question mark imo. You get a guy late it doesn't hurt you it's low risk high reward if you hit on a guy.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cowboys have to seriously consider taking a QB in or after the 4th round Especially if Murray is there. Orton's future is rumored to be up in the air. Weeden hasn't proved he can play at this level and Romo coming off of back surgery at least makes him a question mark imo. You get a guy late it doesn't hurt you it's low risk high reward if you hit on a guy.

I agree if a guy like Murray or Mettenburger is there...... but if the draft gurus are correct and ALL of these 2nd tier Qbs go in the 2nd or 3rd as they are predicting ...... That just means better talent to fix the other problems with the team

and if Romo goes down and we have nothing behind him. Just means we likely get a high draft pick next year we can use on a top Qb coming out.

Cowboys normally only have 2 Qbs on the active roster. And with the injuries over the past 2 seasons I have no reason to think they will keep more than 2 on the active roster this year. Especially if they intend to rotate the defensive line as everyone expects.

So if Orton returns whomever we draft is most likely on the practice squad. If he doesn't I still expect the rookie to goto the practice squad and get stolen from us. Jerry prefers a vet back up over a rookie

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per roroworld Mettenburger (sp) failed a whiz test with diluted piss. That may drop him a round or so.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per roroworld Mettenburger (sp) failed a whiz test with diluted piss. That may drop him a round or so.

Have you heard what he failed it for?

or when?

Because if it was at the combine fuck it I no longer would take him. That takes a special kinda stupid

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind I found it .... Yup at the combine and not just him ( wonder why the media isnt eating this up)

ere were more red-flagged drug tests at the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine than any in recent years.

FOX Sports has learned that more than 10 players were identified to NFL teams as either testing positive for drugs or having a diluted sample in February.

The top prospect on the list was Florida State defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan, who is projected as a mid-first-round selection. Another big name was Louisiana State quarterback Zach Mettenberger. ProFootballTalk.com first reported that Mettenberger tested positive for having a diluted urine sample, which would count as a failed test under the NFL'€™s drug program.

Among the other notable players who were listed to NFL teams as having failed Combine drug tests in February were LSU defensive tackle Anthony Johnson, University of Miami tackle Seantrel Henderson, and Florida State linebackers Telvin Smith and Christian Jones.

The 6-foot-2, 299-pound Jernigan had 63 tackles and 4.5 sacks while starting all 14 games at nose tackle for FSU on its national championship run in 2013.

Jernigan'€™s agent Sunny Shah declined comment Monday about the failed test when reached by FOX Sports.

Mettenberger'€™s agents Joe Linta and Seth Katz told FOX Sports that the diluted sample was caused by extra water his client was drinking on the advice of his doctor. Linta said Mettenberger had begun to suffer from cramping while rehabilitating from a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
Linta said he has spoken with NFL teams about the situation and provided medical documentation to Dr. Lawrence Brown, the league'€™s advisor for drugs of abuse, alcohol and HIV. The documentation also was provided to FOX Sports.

Mettenberger was one of the Southeastern Conference'€™s top quarterbacks in 2013. He ranked third nationally in passing efficiency at 171.3 while throwing for 3,083 yards with 22 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Although still recovering from last November'€™s knee injury, Mettenberger is widely projected as a second- or third-round pick.

Smith'€™s agent Adisa Bakari declined comment to FOX Sports. In a written statement to FOX Sports, Johnson'€™s agent Jeff Guerrero said, "We have not been contacted nor has the player. No NFL team has commented on the alleged incident to us. We have no knowledge of the alleged incident."

Jones'€™ agent Graylan Crain didn'€™t respond to a FOX Sports inquiry seeking comment.

ESPN first reported Monday that Henderson tested positive for marijuana. Henderson has previously admitted to smoking pot while at Miami.

The number of players who failed drug tests at the Combine had declined in recent years, especially with prospects knowing well beforehand that they would be getting screened.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sadly Chris Jones was the OLBer I wanted in the 3rd-4th ....... Atleast I know he will be there ... to pass on

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sadly Chris Jones was the OLBer I wanted in the 3rd-4th ....... Atleast I know he will be there ... to pass on

What is your take on Jernigan

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried that this drives up the price on Donald. Actually, this all explains how and why Donald "rose up" in mocks so quickly and Jernigan fell off. Well, that and Donald's beastly combine. Even though I don't think it makes 100% sense this year to take Donald, I still want the option to take him. This report does not help our chances.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm worried that this drives up the price on Donald. Actually, this all explains how and why Donald "rose up" in mocks so quickly and Jernigan fell off. Well, that and Donald's beastly combine. Even though I don't think it makes 100% sense this year to take Donald, I still want the option to take him. This report does not help our chances.

Donald may go as early as #5 & I definitely don't see him getting pass #14.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is your take on Jernigan

I thought he was a 2nd round option if close to us ... never thought he would be our 1st round pick.

Now I just flat out don't want him. Like I said it takes a special kind of stupid to fail a drug test you are told about 2 months in advance what day you will take it.

WTF is wrong with Florida ... First the kid stealing food ... Now the failed drug test. No wonder he stole the food all those fuckers have the munchies

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
s
I thought he was a 2nd round option if close to us ... never thought he would be our 1st round pick.

Now I just flat out don't want him. Like I said it takes a special kind of stupid to fail a drug test you are told about 2 months in advance what day you will take it.

WTF is wrong with Florida ... First the kid stealing food ... Now the failed drug test. No wonder he stole the food all those fuckers have the munchies

:laugh3: Looks like their entire front seven was in "rotation"