• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Romo picked 3 times

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I think many of you guys are not taking into consideration, is like Manster told me a few weeks ago, the game is different today. Yes, he is right. Teams are throwing the ball 40 to 60 times a game now vs, the 18 to 25 times a game like back in the 70's. When teams throw 50 times a game there is so much more opportunity and chances for a hell of a lot more sacks. Ware should get more sacks than any one in Cowboy history. To me the sacks Lilly, White, Jones, Martin and Pugh were more amazing to me because the NFL was more of a run dominated league and teams only threw on 3ird down and these players had less chances and opportunities. Plus I have never seen Ware get constantly doubled and tripled teamed like lily and Randy White were.
And unlike Ware, Lilly and White had leadership qualities, character, etc., something Ware has none of. Its too bad we couldn't put Ware in a time machine and go back. Lilly, Jones and White would throw Ware around like a rag doll.
And I also love how fellow Cowboy fans start the name calling and calling a person crazy because we disagree everyone in a while over Cowboy affairs. I don't care, call me what you want. I don't lose sleep over it. I know I am a bigger Cowboy fan than anyone in here. I just call them like I see them. Those of you that do disagree with me, how do you like the way the past 16 years have gone?
There's nothing wrong with admiring the great former Cowboys, but you aren't giving Ware the credit he deserves. 1- what has the last 16 years looked like? So you think that if there had been no DWare the last 16 years, but Randy White were here, things would have been different? No..... 2- Lilly, Jones and White would throw Ware around like a rag doll?....you've lost your mind. White played at 275, he could bench a little more than Ware, but he wouldn't ''rag doll'' Ware in his wettest dreams.....3-The Super Bowls that those great Cowboys defenders won, I guess having Staubach, TD and Landry didn't have anything to do with that.... 4-look at the defensive talent around those guys, and compare it to what Ware has had the last 10 years. If things were apples to apples, you could make a case that Ware is better than ANY of them

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I think many of you guys are not taking into consideration, is like Manster told me a few weeks ago, the game is different today. Yes, he is right. Teams are throwing the ball 40 to 60 times a game now vs, the 18 to 25 times a game like back in the 70's. When teams throw 50 times a game there is so much more opportunity and chances for a hell of alot more sacks. Ware should get more sacks than any one in Cowboy history. To me the sacks Lilly, White, Jones, Martin and Pugh were more amazing to me because the NFL was more of a run dominated league and teams only threw on 3ird down and these players had less chances and opportunities. Plus I have never seen Ware get constantly doubled and tripled teamed like lily and Randy White were.
And unlike Ware, Lilly and White had leadership qualities, character, etc., something Ware has none of. Its too bad we couldn't put Ware in a time machine and go back. Lilly, Jones and White would throw Ware around like a rag doll.
And I also love how fellow Cowboy fans start the name calling and calling a person crazy because we disagree everyone in a while over Cowboy affairs. I don't care, call me what you want. I don't lose sleep over it. I know I am a bigger Cowboy fan than anyone in here. I just call them like I see them. Those of you that do disagree with me, how do you like the way the past 16 years have gone?
gonna have to call BS on on your time machine comments. 1st off any player went straight from nowadays to the past to play would succeed due to technology, modern medicine & knowledge of the human body. 3rd stringers are in better athletic shape than starters from yesteryear. But lets ignore that for now, & concentrate on the play. 1st off White & Lilly were DTs not DEs. & how awesome would it have been if they played together. So if you have Lilly & White playing DT, Ware would have a field day as a DE for the same team. & we haven't even started to count the fact he would be so much more athletic & faster than any OL he faced from back then. if you put Ware on a Doomsday defense....... Holy Shit!!! QBs would be falling like prom dresses!!!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing wrong with admiring the great former Cowboys, but you aren't giving Ware the credit he deserves. 1- what has the last 16 years looked like? So you think that if there had been no DWare the last 16 years, but Randy White were here, things would have been different? No..... 2- Lilly, Jones and White would throw Ware around like a rag doll?....you've lost your mind. White played at 275, he could bench a little more than Ware, but he wouldn't ''rag doll'' Ware in his wettest dreams.....3-The Super Bowls that those great Cowboys defenders won, I guess having Staubach, TD and Landry didn't have anything to do with that.... 4-look at the defensive talent around those guys, and compare it to what Ware has had the last 10 years. If things were apples to apples, you could make a case that Ware is better than ANY of them
well I agree that Ware's size is right around where lineman played naturally back then, but Randy White was a very strong player for back in his day. He was one of the few players mentioned (this was about 10 yrs ago) that could play nowadays, from yesteryear. Jim Brown being another.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I agree that Ware's size is right around where lineman played naturally back then, but Randy White was a very strong player for back in his day. He was one of the few players mentioned (this was about 10 yrs ago) that could play nowadays, from yesteryear. Jim Brown being another.

The last thing I want to do is rag on Manster, he was an all time great to be sure. I think you had the best point about Ware, he's gotten 15 sacks a year with Josh Brent and Kenyon Coleman starting on the DL. Put the Doomsday line beside him as a DE, he'd get 20+

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last thing I want to do is rag on Manster, he was an all time great to be sure. I think you had the best point about Ware, he's gotten 15 sacks a year with Josh Brent and Kenyon Coleman starting on the DL. Put the Doomsday line beside him as a DE, he'd get 20+
I agree & mention that on another post. Ware would own sack records if he played on the doomsday defense. (& if they kept track of them back then) The worst rush for a QB is up the middle, so you know they wouldn't be able to ignore Lilly & White. Ware would have a permanent smile on his face if he played with those guys.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree & mention that on another post. Ware would own sack records if he played on the doomsday defense. (& if they kept track of them back then) The worst rush for a QB is up the middle, so you know they wouldn't be able to ignore Lilly & White. Ware would have a permanent smile on his face if he played with those guys.

Good point on the middle rush, I think that is the big boom coming for the Cowboys this year, Hatcher is going to be a load at DT IMO

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we couldn't prove it. I'd bet huge money Randy White would kick the living shit out of Ware in every way possible.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 40 to 60 opportunities a game to rush the qb instead of 20 to 30 times a game. You guys still don't get it.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never saw jim brown play. One player I would hate to ever tackle would of been earl Campbell. That guy put a hurting and whooping on ya.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again some of you are missing my point. I never said Ware was not talented. I never said I didn't like him. All I ever said was he was over rated as a Dallas Cowboy. Some of fou guys in here have hissy fits if every Cowboy fan doesn't agree with what the norm is around here when it comes to out team. I agree partially about technology, medicine and all that being better than years ago. But you can't put character, leadership, toughness, etc., on paper and that were Ware doesn't have it. I guess when you drink the Jerry jones cool aid, its hard to face reality.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again some of you are missing my point. I never said Ware was not talented. I never said I didn't like him. All I ever said was he was over rated as a Dallas Cowboy. Some of fou guys in here have hissy fits if every Cowboy fan doesn't agree with what the norm is around here when it comes to out team. I agree partially about technology, medicine and all that being better than years ago. But you can't put character, leadership, toughness, etc., on paper and that were Ware doesn't have it. I guess when you drink the Jerry jones cool aid, its hard to face reality.

Hissy fit? You say Ware couldn't hold Doomsday's jock and I say he is as good a player as the Cowboys have ever had. Not a hissy, just an opinion

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hissy fit? You say Ware couldn't hold Doomsday's jock and I say he is as good a player as the Cowboys have ever had. Not a hissy, just an opinion
I expect all of us will have a hissy fit by mid season anyway. If the Cowboys don't win the division and at least one playoff game this year, this whole thing is going to blow up thanks to Jerry and our nightmare organizational mess we have in the front office.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect all of us will have a hissy fit by mid season anyway. If the Cowboys don't win the division and at least one playoff game this year, this whole thing is going to blow up thanks to Jerry and our nightmare organizational mess we have in the front office.

Its gonna be alright. Whether it's just for one season or something sustained, I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for the 'Boys
:yahoo:

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its gonna be alright. Whether it's just for one season or something sustained, I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for the 'Boys
:yahoo:
I did to at one point, but jerry's stunt stripping Garrett of play calling duties a while back in a public forum has changed my mind and proven to me that our team is a mess organizationally.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our team is a mess organizationally.

The Jerry factor and that was proven for all to see the year Parcells was hired. Accountability mattered and players played hard....then Bum's kid came to town.....and now Garrett, who has restored accountability, players bust their ass and have pride. Very few players left with the attitude of ..It all pays the Same" That is a tribute to Garrett and his coaches.

Jerry will always loom, but the current days are as good as it's been here in a long time. Dallas is anything but a team of entitlement players now...I love that aspect about this team, and frankly....hated the Wade Phillip days

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our team is a mess organizationally.

The Jerry factor and that was proven for all to see the year Parcells was hired. Accountability mattered and players played hard....then Bum's kid came to town.....and now Garrett, who has restored accountability, players bust their ass and have pride. Very few players left with the attitude of ..It all pays the Same" That is a tribute to Garrett and his coaches.

Jerry will always loom, but the current days are as good as it's been here in a long time. Dallas is anything but a team of entitlement players now...I love that aspect about this team, and frankly....hated the Wade Phillip days

Should have won the Super Bowl with that team in 2007 (or at least made it through the NFC). That team was so talented that any halfway decent HC could have taken them to the Super Bowl (Reminds me of when Switzer took over Jimmie's team).

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have won the Super Bowl with that team in 2007 (or at least made it through the NFC). That team was so talented that any halfway decent HC could have taken them to the Super Bowl (Reminds me of when Switzer took over Jimmie's team).
Crayton couldn't catch the good pass from Romo. Wade Phillips was a joke and jinx as a head coach. I actually cried the day he was hired because I knew no matter how good the Cowboys were, that they would never go anywhere with king choke artist, Wade Phillips. And as usual if you watched that game, the defense imo sucked in that game. Gave up a T.D. on the last possession of the first half and also the last drive to end the game.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that was wade and the since of entitlement he instilled in his players.
This team held the attitude of home field advantage and the killer for me was....NONE OF UM HAD EVER DONE SHIT IN THE NFL.

Best thing this team has done since Jimmy remains hiring Parcells and the worst besides Dave Campo was Bum's kid as head coach

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crayton couldn't catch the good pass from Romo. Wade Phillips was a joke and jinx as a head coach. I actually cried the day he was hired because I knew no matter how good the Cowboys were, that they would never go anywhere with king choke artist, Wade Phillips. And as usual if you watched that game, the defense imo sucked in that game. Gave up a T.D. on the last possession of the first half and also the last drive to end the game.

I piss a lot of people off on this topic, but Romo had a role. Replay the game, Romo misses Owens on a 3rd down crossing pattern for 6 points, early 3rd QTR. That was a 4 point play and how much did we lose by? Not once, but twice in the 4th Qtr, We had the football inside the gmens 50 with a first down trailing by 4. The line, defense, QB, wide receiver were all to blame but the team mood was always on fat boy