• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roll Call

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in Atlanta, Ga. in 1979. I became a football fan and Redskins fan in 1990. How did I become a Redskins fan, despite being born in Atlanta? Well, a friend of mine told me about "The Posse", which had three good WRs. Of course, I saw that many teams had one or two good WRs. After watching them, Gary Clark intrigued me the most, among them. Also, he told me about them having the fastest man in the NFL, which was Darrell Green. As a kid, I was very intrigued with that, as well.

The Falcons were always blacked out, locally. Therefore, I was left to watch the Redskins, most of the time. Of course, the Raiders and 49ers were on tv, alot, too. I watched the Raiders because of Bo Jackson. I made it my business to. Lol I actually saw his career-ending injury, live. Watching the 49ers made me a Joe Montana fan. Still, the Redskins seem to have "personalities" on the team, which intrigued me more than the other teams. Anyway, I have been a loyal Redskins fan, since. I do like the Falcons, but because they are the home team. The Redskins has, is, and always will be my favorite football team.

My best memory as a Redskins fan was watching them win the Super Bowl against the Bills back in 1992. One of my worst memories as a Redskins fan came in 1993, when Joe Gibbs decided to leave the NFL and go to Nascar. Of course, my absolute worst memory as a Redskins fan was when Sean Taylor was killed in 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a HowardU baby in 80'....yo Skins' if I'm reading these threads right...we are babies compared to our Skins brethren, LOL
i think you, me, and obibyn are the youngest skins fans on this forum.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you, me, and obibyn are the youngest skins fans on this forum.

that is right and you young whippersnappers respect your elders or pops will come adjust that atittude young man :lol::laugh3:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that either me or Skinsdad have a kid or kids as old as some of you guys. Damn I mold. LOL

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and still live in Toronto. Yes a Canadian Redskins fan lol
Favorite players through the years... Art Monk. Darrell Green, Gary Clark,Stephen Davis,Sean Taylor,Portis,Cooley

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and still live in Toronto. Yes a Canadian Redskins fan lol
Favorite players through the years... Art Monk. Darrell Green, Gary Clark,Stephen Davis,Sean Taylor,Portis,Cooley

Were you able to go to Canton several years ago to watch the induction of Monk & Green? That place was a sea of Burgundy & Gold. That is still my favorite moment ever as a Redskins fan.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you able to go to Canton several years ago to watch the induction of Monk & Green? That place was a sea of Burgundy & Gold. That is still my favorite moment ever as a Redskins fan.

No man I wish. Would have been amazing.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that either me or Skinsdad have a kid or kids as old as some of you guys. Damn I mold. LOL

That's right you're so old you have grown mold lol

I'm actually 36 and a daddy myself. Born in 77. If that makes me young than that's the best news I have heard in awhile lol

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat Fischer joined the Redskins in 1968. He was drafted by the Cardinals in 1961. He was not a creation of George Allen. Larry Brown was drafted in 1969. Vince Lombardi noticed he was slow out of the blocks and had his hearing tested. They put a hearing device in his helmet and the rest is history. George Allen put a better team around those two guys as well as others and they all became famous.

My parents moved from Philly to Wash. in 1963, I was 7 and reunited with Sonny. Still live in the area. And been a fan for 50 years. Wore #43 and played RB in high school because of Brown

jte81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up boys, been a Skins fan since 81'. Grew up in Montgomery County. Couple more weeks, thank god!

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long time ESPN poster here. Fan of the redskins for a long time, but not as long as skinsdad. Born at GWU HOspital, lived in Alexandria for a few years, them MoCo after that. I remember RIGGO fondly, especially that run off left tackle vs the Dolphins to clinch the Super Bowl.

I was at the game where Gary Clark beat the Vikings in the playoffs at RFK Stadium. I felt the bleachers rocking!

Alvin Walton and his legendary Mohawk, The Diesel, Darrell Green, Sean Taylor, Stephen Davis, and Dexter "I didn't spit, I sneezed," (old timers will know what I'm talking about), remain my favorite of all time. Coooooley is up there too.

HTTR!!!!:suds::yahoo::clap: