• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roll Call

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So its been a week or 2 since the exodus from Disney happened.
Glad you guys came and gave it a shot.
Lets do a roll call here to see how many Skins fans we have on SportsHoopla now

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been a Redskins fan since 1983 when the Skins got destroyed by the Raiders in the Super Bowl.
It was the first game I watched with my Dad as a kid and here I am 30 years later

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a brave on the warpath since mid 70's watching games with my dad.:suds: ( if I offended anyone I apologize ) I was a teenager thru the golden years of 82-91 and have since been waiting for the resurgence and I think they are on their way.
HTTR

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we are a part of the same generation. Born in DC. Raised on the Redskins in the mid 70's. Was 9 years old when we beat the Dolphins. Moved to enemy territory and had to watch the Redskins beat the Bills in Dallas when I was in high school. And moved back to DC while Norv Turner was coach. Highs and Lows.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D.C. Native/Regan Era Fan... My first superbowl was a young kid assuming Denver was going to beat us down 10-0 at halftime. Also got to see Buffalo get handled by Monk, Clark & Rypien. The next time I would be happy is Brad Johnson winning the division and somehow he got replaced with Jeff George. I then knew we would suffer for many years. The Joe Gibbs Return/Sean Taylor years were amazing.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born at DC general Hospital (2 blocks from RFK) Raised on 17th street SE at the Barney Circle junction (1 mile from RFK, and the spot where visiting teams buses drove past my house for home games). Went to my first Skins game apparently was Oct 19th 1969 we beat the Giants ( I was three weeks old.) So to say I was raised in the Burgundy and gold is an understatment.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
born and raised in fredericksburg VA in 1962 . my 1st memories of the skins are in 1967 . sonny jurgensen was my hero because he had red hair .

my dad said sonny could come off his death bed and throw a TD pass with a perfect spiral and i agree

anyone who knows me knows i am an avid skins fan . i have tons of skins parafanalia a 51 year old man should have but so what ?

i was a decent athlete in school but my dad wasnt . he loved flying as i did but the skins kept us together talking when we didnt have much to say to each other . i knew my dad loved me when he sought out those conversations

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive been a Redskins fan since 1983 when the Skins got destroyed by the Raiders in the Super Bowl.
It was the first game I watched with my Dad as a kid and here I am 30 years later

Want to hear something crazy? Thats exactly my story as well. Dad told me the guys in burgundy and gold were the good guys and the silver and black were the bad guys. Been a fan ever since. I remember being so upset the bad guys won and I couldnt understand why we couldnt just play them again the next day...lol. Needless to say I was ready for a super bowl so bad and those 4 years until 87 seemed like an eternity as a kid.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's funny because that is also the first game I remember watching. I remember my parents going off to a Super Bowl party and watching the game. Hooked ever since.

Born and raised in Frederick, Maryland as a DC sports fan I have suffered through many, many disappointments. I am hopeful that between the Nats, Skins, and Caps, we are looking forward to some championships in the coming years with a lot of talent on those rosters. Favorite players of all-time are Darrell Green, Chris Cooley, and Stephen Davis (the jersey I rock on Sundays).

Been on the Hoop for several years now. Spend most of my time on the hockey board but visiting here more and more often. Hope you all enjoy it and hang around. I find this site has two things going for it - the trolls are kept out and the caliber of the contributors is generally pretty high.

HAIL!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins fan since the late 60s when I was a kid. Damn, when did I get so old. First memories were of Lombardi coming here and then of Sonny, Billy, Larry Brown and Charlie Taylor.

Speaking of this era, you all remember Pat Fisher? Ran into him the other day. He's got to be late 60s, still looks like if you pissed him off, he would cut your knees out from under you. He's about 5'7" or so and maybe 145lbs soaking wet, about the same when he played.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born and raised in Fairfax County. Grew up in Springfield, before the ensuing MS-13 takeover. The first game I remember was Super Bowl XVII against Miami. I went with my dad to the Chuck E. Cheese in Springfield Plaza to watch the game on the big screen. I still remember the Dolphins fan that got drunk and passed out with his head lying on a table-top version of Pac-Man.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
born and raised in fredericksburg VA in 1962 . my 1st memories of the skins are in 1967 . sonny jurgensen was my hero because he had red hair .

my dad said sonny could come off his death bed and throw a TD pass with a perfect spiral and i agree

anyone who knows me knows i am an avid skins fan . i have tons of skins parafanalia a 51 year old man should have but so what ?

i was a decent athlete in school but my dad wasnt . he loved flying as i did but the skins kept us together talking when we didnt have much to say to each other . i knew my dad loved me when he sought out those conversations

Small world. My parents currently live in Fredericksburg. I grew up in No. VA & eventually migrated to SoCal for quite a while. More recently I moved to Alabama for my job - ugh. No matter what I will always remain 100% loyal to the Redskins.

HTTR

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Born and raised in Fairfax County. Grew up in Springfield, before the ensuing MS-13 takeover. The first game I remember was Super Bowl XVII against Miami. I went with my dad to the Chuck E. Cheese in Springfield Plaza to watch the game on the big screen. I still remember the Dolphins fan that got drunk and passed out with his head lying on a table-top version of Pac-Man.

No kidding? I think that I might have been at that same place for that game. Was there a big screen & were people throwing pitchers of (empty) beer at it? My memory of this place (beyond the game) was the manager screaming towards the end of the game "Never again" & some guy breaking a video game glass & some others passing out in the bathroom. Not a good venue for that type of crowd.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins fan since the late 60s when I was a kid. Damn, when did I get so old. First memories were of Lombardi coming here and then of Sonny, Billy, Larry Brown and Charlie Taylor.

Speaking of this era, you all remember Pat Fisher? Ran into him the other day. He's got to be late 60s, still looks like if you pissed him off, he would cut your knees out from under you. He's about 5'7" or so and maybe 145lbs soaking wet, about the same when he played.

That is awesome. Fisher is further proof that George Allen was a miracle worker to be able to take that team to the SB. He took undersized guys like Fisher & Brown as well as old, out-of-shape lineman, LBs, etc & an out of shape, drunken QB & turned them into contenders. Amazing - it could never happen in this age.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding? I think that I might have been at that same place for that game. Was there a big screen & were people throwing pitchers of (empty) beer at it? My memory of this place (beyond the game) was the manager screaming towards the end of the game "Never again" & some guy breaking a video game glass & some others passing out in the bathroom. Not a good venue for that type of crowd.

I don't recall the pitcher throwing, but I do know my dad was thinking maybe he shouldn't have brought his 7 year old son to that environment.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the pitcher throwing, but I do know my dad was thinking maybe he shouldn't have brought his 7 year old son to that environment.

I also remember the fire alarm going off. In any case - I don't recall a game with that kind & size of crowd being shown at a place like Chuck E Cheese before or since.

skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
born at DC general hospital in '82 and grew up in montgomery county, MD most of my childhood and still live in the DC area. first memory of the skins was the '88 Superbowl and the barrage of TD's and the huge party my parents threw at the house. 2nd best memory was the '92 SB when i was 8. pretty glad i was able to watch a skins SB and remember it.

BlueSC_Icetea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Dad was born in Maryland and naturally grew up a Redskins fan. He got stationed in SC where I was born and have been a Redskins fan ever since. Small world has brought me all the way back to my childhood stomping grounds where everything has come full circle. My son and daughter are now following in my footsteps. Game days you can hear them run around chanting RG3!!!

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt realize we were sharing our birth places...Born in Olney. Grew up in PG county. Skins fan fo life

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
born at DC general hospital in '82 and grew up in montgomery county, MD most of my childhood and still live in the DC area. first memory of the skins was the '88 Superbowl and the barrage of TD's and the huge party my parents threw at the house. 2nd best memory was the '92 SB when i was 8. pretty glad i was able to watch a skins SB and remember it.

I'm a HowardU baby in 80'....yo Skins' if I'm reading these threads right...we are babies compared to our Skins brethren, LOL