• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rodriguez to be Suspended Entire 2014 Season

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod will want somebody to pay the milestones money if this goes south. Looks like its about another $30M. Like I said, he is the 2015 DH if I had to guess.

Yanks just now need to develop a 3B

Yankees most likely sign Mark Reynolds to play 3B now.

Beltran, Gardner, Ellsbury, and Soriano in the OF plus Tex and Jeter needing days off here and there means no room for ARod as the full time DH.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His point's spot on...if Melky got 50 games, how does A-Rod get more than 3x that amount? Didn't Melky also try to tamper with the investigation, or does it not matter because nobody really cares/pays attention to Melky Cabrera?

the antecedents of the cases are different.

"smarther" and spot on. now i've heard it all. lol.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obstructing is obstructing, is it not?

It's blatantly obvious you're letting your severe bias do the talking for you, instead of logic/reason, correct?
http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...suspended-entire-2014-season-post-season.html

That thread above shows me the lack of objectivity you'd have on the topic.

thanks for citing that thread. apart from the nicknames, i stayed very objective. it's a unique situation with a-fraud no matter bromides like "obstruction is obstruction" from the unthinking.

here are all of my two posts about arod in the thread:

Arbitrator reduced it to 162 games, including the post-season.

A-Wad is going to take it to federal court.

I loathe A-Fraud, and on some level, am happy he got such a big suspension.

On the other hand, MLB is corrupt and hypocritical regarding PED use, and I'd be just as happy to see Pay-Wad's legal team win in federal court.

I'm thinking the case will go nowhere or be dismissed quickly, though. Just a few days ago, A-Roid's lawyers put out a press release saying he would accept a suspension under 100 games. That tells me that they think their case is fundamentally weak.

Alex Rodriguez Suspended for 2014 Baseball Season - New York Yankees, Scandals & Feuds, Celebrity Scandals, Alex Rodriguez : People.com

what happens with this case is highly relevant to mlb, though.

like i said, part of me wants pay-wad to lose because he's such a turd, but another part of me wouldn't mind seeing him win a federal case just to highlight the hypocrisy about PED in mlb.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod should be banned for life.

Last edited by a moderator:

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things...

1) Arod won. His suspension was reduced from 211 to 162 games. That is almost a 25% discount.

2) Is he now saying his suspension should be 65 games - thus admitting he is guilty?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things...

1) Arod won. His suspension was reduced from 211 to 162 games. That is almost a 25% discount.

2) Is he now saying his suspension should be 65 games - thus admitting he is guilty?

Arod didn't win anything. The suspension being reduced was always a possibility, MLB knew that when they came up with the 211 number. I would be willing to bet anything that MLB wanted 162 & outsmarted Arod by giving him 211 knowing it would be reduced down to 162 in arbitration.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arod didn't win anything. The suspension being reduced was always a possibility, MLB knew that when they came up with the 211 number. I would be willing to bet anything that MLB wanted 162 & outsmarted Arod by giving him 211 knowing it would be reduced down to 162 in arbitration.

I agree. They wanted him out for 2014 - they got it.

Arod could hold his head high and say he won by having the penalty reduced.

side question:
How much is he paying his lawyers?

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arod could hold his head high and say he won by having the penalty reduced.

He is being given more then triple the punishment as those who committed the same transgressions.

How is that winning?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is being given more then triple the punishment as those who committed the same transgressions.

How is that winning?

It was 211.

He had a hearing to have it reduced.

It was reduced.

i-win-o.gif

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ 27 mil/season, the Yanks are the winners here. Freed up some cap room there with one swift year ban from 1 arbitrator. My Q is: What the hell did THAT GUY get paid for his decision?

In my OP, A-wad got the short end of the stick here. Can't imagine why he would sue with 3 years left on his current contract. Heard the Yanks will probably buy him out at some point anywhoze.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Judge Denies Rodriguez Request To Seal Portions Of Arbitrator?s Ruling « CBS New York

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — A federal judge says Alex Rodriguez cannot file portions of arbitrator Fredric Horowitz’s decision under seal as part of a lawsuit seeking to overturn the one-year suspension from baseball given to the New York Yankees third baseman.

U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley III denied a request by Rodriguez’s lawyers Monday that was supported by the Major League Baseball Players Association.

A lawyer from Major League Baseball said the league did not seek to seal any parts of the decision, which was issued Saturday but has not been made public.

Rodriguez’s lawyer Joe Tacopina said on WFAN radio Monday that A-Rod would “absolutely” testify under oath.

“Alex is 12-0,” Tacopina said, referring to drug tests administered to Rodriguez. “He’ll probably set another MLB record in that category.”

The three-time MVP was suspended for 211 games last August by baseball Commissioner Bud Selig, and Horowitz reduced the penalty to 162 games plus any postseason games played by the Yankees this year.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a-fraud's situation is unique. he has every right to take it to federal court. my bet is that it's yet another PR stunt to try to salvage his demolished "legacy," and his lawyers will drop it before a-roid gets deposed.

I'm thinking the case will go nowhere or be dismissed quickly, though. Just a few days ago, A-Roid's lawyers put out a press release saying he would accept a suspension under 100 games. That tells me that they think their case is fundamentally weak.

people got really mad when i said this

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami Herald reporting on A-Rod admitting to steroid use.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No more lying about it at least? What a POS but at least he's not as bad as Ryan Braun.